Sign in to follow this  
Midlandcanary

James Brown

He is a very good player and i would love to see him here, but i thought he was a right winger? Unless he is going to be taking Croft''s place?

[quote user="colneycanary"]He is a very good player and i would love to see him here, but i thought he was a right winger? Unless he is going to be taking Croft''s place?[/quote]

He can play as a striker or as a winger

[8] Get up....get on up.....get up.....get on up...........Stay on the scene, get on up , like a sex machine, get on up [8] [:D]

Sok I''ll get my coat now.....................

Wow I thought this rumour was quashed a long time ago. Would be interesting to see if anything comes from it.

[img]http://i33.tinypic.com/bfpfh5.gif[/img]

During the summer, GR or Clarke was quoted in the Norwich Evening News about Brown, they said  they had higher transfer priorities While they rated Brown (if I remember correctly)  there was some comment about one of Brown''s knees. Alternatively they could have been waiting to see what form he was in at the start of this season.

Brown the goal machine.......must be a song here somewhere.

Anything is possible in football, of course, but if you look at Roeder''s comments on his attempt to get the striker in he says "we may have to go over there to sort things out" which indicates abroad to me.  I know Hartlepool is a long way (we''ve just been there, thank you) but I think that and the earlier: "He is scoring goals in his League" points to foreign climes.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[8] Get up....get on up.....get up.....get on up...........Stay on the scene, get on up , like a GOAL  machine, get on up [8] [:D]

Sok I''ll get my coat now.....................

[/quote]

Thats the song! Well done WAY49

[/quote]

lol I gave big enough hints to songs and you''ve changed the words too, phew you''ve at least got it even if no one else did [:D]

Would certainly make sense. Roeder said the club had made a promise to this player. Paul Stephenson would know about any promises as he was there last season when any promise would have been made. I guess it was a case of " If we dont get promoted you can leave"

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Anything is possible in football, of course, but if you look at Roeder''s comments on his attempt to get the striker in he says "we may have to go over there to sort things out" which indicates abroad to me.  I know Hartlepool is a long way (we''ve just been there, thank you) but I think that and the earlier: "He is scoring goals in his League" points to foreign climes.[/quote]

"He is scoring goals in his League" ....could mean a division other than The Championship. (could relate to Brown)

"we may have to go over there to sort things out" .......could mean travelling where ever the other club is located and leaving the COUNTY of Norfolk! LOL! (could relate to Brown or Ameobi) 

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Anything is possible in football, of course, but if you look at Roeder''s comments on his attempt to get the striker in he says "we may have to go over there to sort things out" which indicates abroad to me.  I know Hartlepool is a long way (we''ve just been there, thank you) but I think that and the earlier: "He is scoring goals in his League" points to foreign climes.[/quote]

"He is scoring goals in his League" ....could mean a division other than The Championship. (could relate to Brown)

"we may have to go over there to sort things out" .......could mean travelling where ever the other club is located and leaving the COUNTY of Norfolk! LOL! (could relate to Brown or Ameobi) 

[/quote]

The English league wasn''t playing when GR made that remark.  It''s Iversen he''s talking about. Mr Doncaster may find himself in delightful Trondheim yet.............

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

The English league wasn''t playing when GR made that remark.  It''s Iversen he''s talking about. Mr Doncaster may find himself in delightful Trondheim yet.............

[/quote]You are probably right Camuldonum but like Roeder said the players club keep moving the posts so maybe Roeder is now going after this chap!

Of course that is possible but I think he''s still after Iversen but as I''ve posted before I believe the "moving the goalposts" quote is because the player was told that if a decent offer was received they would let him go immediately and have now renaged on that.  The Trondheim newspaper believe it is you: Iversen''s club will confirm it is a "Championship club" but won''t confirm Norwich City.  Neither will they deny it is Norwich City.

GR may, of course, get fed up with it but sometimes he does also dig his heels in, I believe.

Rosenborg are 6th in the Elite League and adrift of the top with nine games to go but they are making their first (and last) appearance in the EUFA competition (which is being scrapped after this season) and, who knows, may be they want to try and hang on to him for both legs of that on August 14/28.

Maybe we''re after Brown as well, Roeder wanted to buy Lupoli but Fiorentina wouldn''t sell so we must still have the money we were going to pay for him. Brown is primaraly a right winger who scores goals which is something Croft is incapable of, with Roeder seemingly fed up with Crfts inability to score it could be true.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Of course that is possible but I think he''s still after Iversen but as I''ve posted before I believe the "moving the goalposts" quote is because the player was told that if a decent offer was received they would let him go immediately and have now renaged on that.  The Trondheim newspaper believe it is you: Iversen''s club will confirm it is a "Championship club" but won''t confirm Norwich City.  Neither will they deny it is Norwich City.

GR may, of course, get fed up with it but sometimes he does also dig his heels in, I believe.

Rosenborg are 6th in the Elite League and adrift of the top with nine games to go but they are making their first (and last) appearance in the EUFA competition (which is being scrapped after this season) and, who knows, may be they want to try and hang on to him for both legs of that on August 14/28.

[/quote]as in - a proven striker will be here within 7 days - talk about roedy stamping his feet and throwing the gauntlet down!!!

Rosenborg are fighting a rearguard battle here.  They''ve got Berisha in from Burnley (who scored twice at the weekend on his debut, the other 10th minute goal by Iversen as posted on other threads) but they''ve also got Premier League clubs hunting midfielder Skjelbred.

They have also lost their key right back Stoor to Fulham.  It''s an  interesting parallel.  Quote from Fulham: "It took weeks and weeks and weeks....they are impossible to negotiate with by phone or fax.  In the end we had to go over there and take the lawyer with us.......honestly it was a nightmare.  Stoor was happy, we were happy, the agent was happy but could we get anyone at the club to sign anything....no, sirree."

Maybe it will have to be Brown after all[:)]

Actually, GR has said that he wants 2 more players - one being the big striker we all know about, but one being more of a ''utility'' player. Of course, it is far more likely that he was paving the way for someone like Gibbs to return, but perhaps if this lad Brown is a winger-cum-attacking m/f-cum-striker he might fit the bill too?

we could  certainly do with someone now that hucks is             [8]  " living in america"    [8]       i`ll get my coat

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Rosenborg are fighting a rearguard battle here.  They''ve got Berisha in from Burnley (who scored twice at the weekend on his debut, the other 10th minute goal by Iversen as posted on other threads) but they''ve also got Premier League clubs hunting midfielder Skjelbred.

They have also lost their key right back Stoor to Fulham.  It''s an  interesting parallel.  Quote from Fulham: "It took weeks and weeks and weeks....they are impossible to negotiate with by phone or fax.  In the end we had to go over there and take the lawyer with us.......honestly it was a nightmare.  Stoor was happy, we were happy, the agent was happy but could we get anyone at the club to sign anything....no, sirree."

Maybe it will have to be Brown after all[:)]

This just shows you how difficult some teams can be. Maybe Roeder is getting fed up with Rosenborg and will look elsewhere!

[/quote]

[quote user="ched seven"]we could  certainly do with someone now that hucks is             [8]  " living in america"    [8]       i`ll get my coat [/quote]

excellent! less well known JB hit, but don''t worry matey, I got it..

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on.

I am almost 100 % certain the striker is Iversen.

GR mentioned the player had a good weekend for his club...................... Iverson scored.................. again.

He has a British wife and has said he wants to end his career in England............ his club have just signed a target man on loan from Burnley

The broken "promise" is that he could go if they got a replacement.............. they have one............ so thats all the pieces of the jigsaw.