Sign in to follow this  
monkeyhater

Mark Lawrenson usually talks rubbish but...

last weekend he said we needed a decent striker to compliment Huckerby and we''d have a chance, and I for one had to agree with him. Dennis Irwin also talking about Wolves last season said that they lacked a goalscorer who''d guarantee 15 goals a season.

We do not have anybody of that calibre, please don''t tell me that Leon or Doherty are the answer! Leon has not got the composure required at this level and Doherty isn''t a goalscorer full stop.

I''m afraid we have made a very big mistake by not buying anybody to get us the goals we need, if I''m not mistaken we have ''battled'' courageously and incidently I''ve been to every game so far so feel qualified to comment, but have not had so many ''pops'' at goal other than from midfield ie Bentley and Holt. Will continue to support whichever XI is picked but we will really struggle when it comes to the scoring department. Only hope is that we are in contention come January.

yes, and if nothing happens in jan, well it looks like worthys goign to lose his job.....

although hes done well te get us here!

oh come on Nigel has been fantastic. Who would replace him? Get real AJ the man knows better than anyone what is options are and which he should take. Let''s support not criticise

Steady on AJ! Also Leon can do a job, he may not have created chances against Arsenal but look at that shot he put in the side netting at MU. He turned and shot all in a split second and it was only just off target. Also he had only just come on so had not got used to the pace of the game. Give him a chance.

I can''t believe some of the rubbish I''m reading on here - I thought this was the message board where people talked sense!?

Michael Owen scored 16 premiership goals last season, do you think we should''ve signed him!?

We''ve scored more goals against Man utd, Newcastle and Arsenal than WBA scored against Villa, Spurs and Everton.

We''ve got Mattias Jonson settling in - but when he finds his form I wouldn''t be surprised to see him starting alongside Hucks - he is an international striker for sweden and replaced larsson upfront, hardly a bad person to have in our team is it! We have David Bentley - going to be Bergkamps replacement for Arsenal, oh no we''re so unlucky!

Doherty has looked great linking up with Hucks, and I bet if he was anybody else you''d be saying how great he was, but because he''s not a big fancy italian who cartwheels when he scores people are moaning. He''s done a perfect job for us so far and I dont see the problem with him being our target man when needed.

We have a clever manager that doesn''t need to spend big to be better, and we have players that will give 100% to help us survive and based on our recent performances I''d say it wasn''t us that needed to be buying more players.

AJ,come on mate,get real...if we do get relegated i can''t see Worthy getting the push,in fact everyone else out there give us your opinion!....i''d say over 90% would want to keep sir Worthy!!!

For all of you who are complaining about not buying a striker exactly who the hell would you have bought;

Harewood - maybe, but not rated by all west ham fans i know. Bit of a risk of 2million - in last seasons match against us, yes he scored a great goal, but i thought he lacked composure on the ball and he couldn''t hold up the play. So i''m glad we didn''t buy him.(plus he played on loan at the binners - in case you forgot)

JJ - can''t get on the bench at charlton so why should he be any better here and how much would we have to waste to have another average player challenging the doc for a starting place 1.5 million- not sure.

scowcroft - No comment (not even worth a capital letter)

Dean Ashton - Probably would have been the best bet but crewe aren''t desperate to sell him so would probably cost 2.5million alot of money for NCFC

Sutton - exactly what we''re after but could we have possibly have had any realistic chance of signing him no not at all

Imo we should play with Hux left mid, Saffri, Francis, Bents, Up front Doc, McKenzie
most attacking side we can have, get a 2 goal lead then take McKenzie off, hux up front simple eh!
have faith in worthy he knows what he''s doing. Never kick him out.

come on you yellows

AJ

You''re joking right??

We''re only a couple of weeks into the season here guys. IMO the Doc Hucks patnership has looked pretty damn good so far. They''ve played together twice and each has scored a goal, playing against Newcastle and Arsenal!! I can see them forming a good partnership. I''m not expecting the Doc to be prolific, but if he can chip in with the odd goal and more imprtantly create goals for others, I see no reason why he can''t do well for us

Keep the faith

right we may be disappointed, but we have permatations all over the park, nigel has gone for versatility......we won the league last year with one player reaching double figures and in total 16 players finding the net. pundits said the same last year....and we proved them wrong why not this year....

DD, sure those things were said. But have you looked how many teams had a 15+ goal scorer in the Prem last season? Not many (about 6 wasn''t it?). And us, second highest scorers in the 1st Div with only one player over 10 goals. If others in the team keep scoring too, does it matter? I think its overly simplistic to say you need two prolific scorers and not much else. We showed last season that it aint necessarily so.

Amarillo, good points well put and logical. I will add if I may, that as a team, it will come together better as a scoring excercise if the whole team move as a unit 5 yards further forward and are a bit cleverer off the ball. Well done the lads. OTBC!!!!!

"Leon has not got the composure required at this level"

Errr, what exactly do you base that statement on?
Just how many minutes have you seen Leon play "at this level"?
Some of you armchair managers really take the biscuit...

(shakes head)