Sign in to follow this  
Beefy is a legend

Glenn's Masterstroke

Getting rid of Hucks, what a great idea that was, we look so much tighter at the back and more potent than ever up front...

Anyone who can suggest we kept Croft and let Hucks go for footballing reasons needs their head examined.

Roeder has made the same mistake McLaren made when he got rid of Beckham. The trouble is we will never be able to recall Hucks...

A long season ahead beckons...

let it go...its happened time to move on and concentrate on now.

also i was a big fan of hucks but he didnt help our record in this cup over the time he was here, what makes you think he would have done tonight?

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

Getting rid of Hucks, what a great idea that was, we look so much tighter at the back and more potent than ever up front...

Anyone who can suggest we kept Croft and let Hucks go for footballing reasons needs their head examined.

Roeder has made the same mistake McLaren made when he got rid of Beckham. The trouble is we will never be able to recall Hucks...

[/quote]

he made the right decision getting rid of hucks.. because, im afraid to say, hucks was old and past it.... Wes Hoolahan is young and spritely..

jas :)

I still dont fully understand why hucks was let go?

And yes...judging on crofts showings he seems an ideal choice to hav stayed <cough>

on the plus side...with galaxy in tumoil...becks is an option hahaha

I agree with you Jas. It isn''t Huckerby that needs to be replaced now (his replacement was Hoolahan), it is Dion we are missing.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

[/quote]

Huckerbys gone, get over it!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

[/quote]

he made the right decision getting rid of hucks.. because, im afraid to say, hucks was old and past it.... Wes Hoolahan is young and spritely..

jas :)

[/quote]

Got to say i kind of agree with you. He was''nt totally passed it but he wasn''t getting any better. For too long we have been a one trick pony team and i am personally glad Roeder let him go.

I  bet we will win on Saturday and this board will suddenly be all sweetness and roses.

Pathetic, fickle fans.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Jas, you are a brave man saying that :) get ready to be brought down![/quote]Why??? It''s the truth! I''m sure he''s not worried by the whining bunch of ''Save Huckerby'' fantasists! It''s verging on pathetic now![A]

Not fickle at all Duke, all I am trying to say is that our squad would be stronger with Hucks in it and that could have been funded by releasing deadwood such as Croft.

We are in for another tepid season of lower mid-table mediocrity.

Evening all,I have been a watcher of this board for two years now, and even with first wiz comments (although I tend to agree) have I never felt the urge to post until now......a grown adult (hopefully) should never feel the need to put a crying face in a post, especially when it realates to a player who we all knew was on the way out long ago.Yes the last two performances have been poor in the fact that we lost, however it will be my first match this season...and I predict a win for city! I''ve only seen them lose twice in 22 years (liverpool and Westham (cup)). Before you ask my father and I attend about 10 home games a season, due to travelling.3-1 city Croft to fluke one in off the knee!OTBC

Obviously I am not allowed to be gutted about another dismal cup performance...the crying face referred to this rather than Hucks'' exit.

If Croft scores I''ll eat my own face. Roeder has to be crazy enough to pick him first. [;)]