Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Roeder - "I have another striker coming in"

Roeder was quoted in the News of the World yesterday as saying something along the lines of "I have another striker coming in so the three current strikers are going to be competing for one place."

To me that sounds like more than a man who is trying to get someone in he is talking as if it is basically a done deal and also as if the new guy will be an automatic first choice. Sorry if WW2 but thought his turn of phrase was interesting!

Yes I read that as the new man will be first choice at the other 3 currently at the club are fighting for the other place.  Interesting and places alot of pressure on the new guy.

It may put short term presure on the strikers, but at the end of the day, if he is deemed to be 1st choice, then the other strikers could give up the ghost knowing that they will be not the automatic choice. GR knows what he is doing and I suspect he will tell the knew bloke that he won''t always be 1st choice, unless it Henry or Villa.

A wizzy prediction:

He will be a cheap and cheerful signing, either too young or too old and with zero Championship experience. Its getting too easy now to predict Roeder''s signing types!.

Ok, the pitiful transfer budget is not his fault, but if Roeder had a plair he''d have walked weeks ago![Y]

Adapted from my post on carrowroad.net

Fair enough Wiz.But whats to say that because the bulk of Roeders signings are not seven figure superstars, with bags of Championship experience, that they wont rip it to pieces.Theres plenty of evidence to the contrary but you never know!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]By all accounts Wiz, his ''cheap and cheerful'' signings played very well at the weekend.[/quote]Wiz doesn''t care how they played, it''s all based on assumptions and ''figures''. You should know this by now. [:)]

Sorry Wiz, I''m only a newbie here and can''t claim your extensive knowledge and insight into the team and the players so I would be interested to hear from what you saw at Coventry on Saturday which players you consider are poor signings ?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]By all accounts Wiz, his ''cheap and cheerful'' signings played very well at the weekend.[/quote] And lost!.

And this time it wasn''t JC missing the chances ncfcstar!

We can play all the pretty footy you like,  but if we can''t stick the ball in the old onion bag.................

Well of course I don''t disagree with that Wiz, I think that you should trust Roeder to bring in the players we need though. I know you won''t accept what I am saying, but what I was trying to refer to was the fact that Roeder''s signings performed well at the weekend and therefore you should trust him to bring in that goalscorer.

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]Sorry Wiz, I''m only a newbie here and can''t claim your extensive knowledge and insight into the team and the players so I would be interested to hear from what you saw at Coventry on Saturday which players you consider are poor signings ?
[/quote]

Apart from Hoolihan my friend, I don''t rate one of them.[:S]

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]Sorry Wiz, I''m only a newbie here and can''t claim your extensive knowledge and insight into the team and the players so I would be interested to hear from what you saw at Coventry on Saturday which players you consider are poor signings ?[/quote]I actually laughed at that. Asking Wiz for some information on the playing side. The only information he will ''provide'' is slander and speculation, based on the non-playing side of the club.Cue Wiz response, which I think he has just copied, ready to edit slightly and post again. He''s up to about 5000 I think now.Oh Wiz, if only we all shared your infinite wisdom...P.S. Did you like the way I emboldened part of my post, as if this in way way gives it more credibility[;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]Sorry Wiz, I''m only a newbie here and can''t claim your extensive knowledge and insight into the team and the players so I would be interested to hear from what you saw at Coventry on Saturday which players you consider are poor signings ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe what he meant to say, YY, is ''sorry but I didn''t go the away fixture on Saturday, so feel unqualified to offer a valid opinion on the performances of any of our players during said match''.

honestly? no i am sure that''s a wind up... How can you not rate kennedy? knee injury or no knee injury... if he''s fit...which at the moment he is... he has the potential to be the best centre back in the championship... just ask the likes of Strachan, O''neill or any player (bar ganea) ... Tommy Burns (RIP)  would laugh at you if he were alive today... JK oozes class...

Sammy Clingan... i assure you he''s going to make you eat your words... as will Lupoli, Koroma etc... all have a lot of potential...

If you want an easy thrill i would suggest sitting on your wond dear Wiz, as you shouldn''t expect to get a thrill straight away from a team with 6 players making their NCFC debuts... 

Honestly i think you''re just on a constant wind up as never post anything positive nor accurate/back anything up with precise arguments... it would make your postings much more attractive if you did... ah well...

[/quote]

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]

Ahhh you can tell the season has started as 1st Wizard is moaning allready!!!!!

Normal servic is resumed

:0)

[/quote]

Apart from Headless Cureton and Croft we put up a good performance,But I was shoched to see no Semmi on the team sheet, and no Chadders he would have been better than Croft, But Hey who am I to pick the team, But I still came away from Coventry feeling good, we are going to be a team hard to beat     

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]

Ahhh you can tell the season has started as 1st Wizard is moaning allready!!!!!

Normal servic is resumed

:0)

[/quote]

Apart from Headless Cureton and Croft we put up a good performance,But I was shocked to see no Semmi on the team sheet, and no Chadders he would have been better than Croft, But Hey who am I to pick the team, But I still came away from Coventry feeling good, we are going to be a team hard to beat     

[quote user="macdougall''s perm"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe what he meant to say, YY, is ''sorry but I didn''t go the away fixture on Saturday, so feel unqualified to offer a valid opinion on the performances of any of our players during said match''.

[/quote

]

And you tried to use the very same arguement, and failed! during theWorthy Out days MP.

I always know I''m hitting the truth when posters like you resort to this tactic................whats going to be your excuse on Saturday then?.

Too cloudy?

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

And you tried to use the very same arguement, and failed! during theWorthy Out days MP.

I always know I''m hitting the truth when posters like you resort to this tactic................whats going to be your excuse on Saturday then?.

Too cloudy?

i havent read the whole message but the striker is iversen,

I know we have all banged on about it, and who is it gonna be, but Roeder said the player had a good game at the weekend.

This rules out out, Shola, Raziask Tyson.

We know its not Haward,

And guess who scored at the weekend...

Yes Iversen

I''m sure there are plenty of Premiership players with no Championship experience - so you wouldn''t want them.  Strange.

I don''t see the obsession with money - Kevin Doyle was a ''cheap, unproven player'' bought from Ireland for Reading at less than 100k, wouldn''t mind him now would you Wiz?  Obviously generally the more you pay the more quality you''ll get, but that''s not always the case.

Do me a favour Wiz, please give the player whoever it is a chance before slating him.

[quote user="mighty yellow"]

Oh Wiz, if only we all shared your infinite wisdom...P.S. Did you like the way I emboldened part of my post, as if this in way way gives it more credibility[;)]

[/quote]that is classic!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="macdougall''s perm"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote

]

Too cloudy?

[/quote]

What the ''tactic'' of pointing out that you weren''t at the game on Saturday. Yeah that''s a sneaky one isn''t it. Very underhand. [:D] And I can''t tell you what my reaction will be to Saturday''s game because I intend to wait and see what happens - unlike you, I prefer to judge by what I see rather than which preconceptions best fit my current load of clap trap. So I''ll wait until Sat or Sun before answering that if you don''t mind.   

Wiz, I am really surprised that you don''t rate Kennedy, Stefanovitch, Clingan, Lupoli, Bertrand or Omozusi. You will obviously have conducted considerable observation and analysis to come up with your conclusion so I will bow to your superior knowledge although it would be good if you could share your research with us so we know on what you are basing your opinion.

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]Sorry Wiz, I''m only a newbie here and can''t claim your extensive knowledge and insight into the team and the players so I would be interested to hear from what you saw at Coventry on Saturday which players you consider are poor signings ?[/quote]

[/quote]That''s BS Wiz! Ofcourse you don''t rate any of them because you didn''t know of any of them before. That doesnt mean they are useless!As for Championship experience - do you rate Marshall? He didn''t have much championship experience but he is here and doing well. If you go through a lot of our players you will find the same. And infact the ones that have had a lot of championship experience tend to be those that would struggle to make it in the Prem. I don''t think I am being unkind to the likes of Cureton by saying that he is not a premiership player.In Stefanovic and Kennedy we have two class defenders, Stefanovic has both championship experience and premiership experience not to mention having been a captain in both leagues. Kennedy has played for a club who play champions league football every season.So with those two and Hoolihan already accounted for who does that leave? Bell and Clingan. Bell has Championship experience and Clingan was playing for the a team promoted to our league and like Hoolihan, displayed signs of being able to more than cope at this level.But the reality of the situation is that you have judged them after one game which you have not seen, its a joke.

You miss my point McDougalls Perm, I only pointed out what I saw as a relevent fact on football, you however, decided to highlight a fact that I wasn''t at the Coventry game.

Well, nor were 23.000 other City fans either, are they not allowed an opinion because they didn''t go too?

No, all you wanted to do was point score..............again!

You miss my point McDougalls Perm, I only pointed out what I saw as a relevent fact on football, you however, decided to highlight a fact that I wasn''t at the Coventry game.

Well, nor were 23.000 other City fans either, are they not allowed an opinion because they didn''t go too?

[/quote]

fight! fight! fight!

[img]http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/Ec&Ev_Distance_learning/fighting.jpg[/img]

jas :)

[/quote]I''m breaking my own rule here, replying to a Wizard. McDougall''s point referred to Yelverton Yellow''s original question - which asked for your opinion, based on what you saw of Saturday''s game - not for an opinion based on radio commentary, or a newspaper report. Every season dozens of new posters look up ''Internet Troll'' on Wikipedia and find 1st Wizard''s avatar is the only explanation required!

[quote user="Fat Barman"]
Every season dozens of new posters look up ''Internet Troll'' on Wikipedia and find 1st Wizard''s avatar is the only explanation required!
[/quote]

Cor! has my fame spread that far?

Having seen Clingans push in the penalty area for the first goal, and our usual defensive mess up for the second, I trust my eyes more than your bias Barman!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Fat Barman"]Every season dozens of new posters look up ''Internet Troll'' on Wikipedia and find 1st Wizard''s avatar is the only explanation required![/quote]

Cor! has my fame spread that far?

Having seen Clingans push in the penalty area for the first goal, and our usual defensive mess up for the second, I trust my eyes more than your bias Barman!

[/quote]Pointless highlight example here...