Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

If we lose tonight....

all the usual optimists will say "it was only the Carling Cup!" fact is thats a crap excuse and shows that things are badly wrong still.

FFS, it is the second game of the season with almost a completely new side. You critics are just ridiculous, it is not the realists using excuses, it is you lot coming up with any old excuse to bash the team.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]FFS, it is the second game of the season with almost a completely new side. You critics are just ridiculous, it is not the realists using excuses, it is you lot coming up with any old excuse to bash the team.[/quote]I really admire how you stoically battle on against any negativity so early on in the season. Careful JC doesn''t catch you, he''ll type asterisks at you. [;)]

didnt take long for the optimists did it? how long do we wait fr things to get better? cant rock the boat now can we, FFS wake up we havent spent any real money yet again and have a team that could struggle.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]FFS, it is the second game of the season with almost a completely new side. You critics are just ridiculous, it is not the realists using excuses, it is you lot coming up with any old excuse to bash the team.[/quote]

spot on

So what''s the point being negative and moaning which will only end up and a negative atmosphere at games if this negative attitude keeps up.

Someone got it spot on in the match thread that you can''t expect perfect performances and perfect goal scoring form after ONE league game and 80 minutes of a Carling cup tie.

I wouldn''t bother Carrow Roeder, there isn''t much point.  Some are so entrenched that I''m pretty sure nothing will bring them round.  It would appear that the idea of giving the side a few games to gel is just a little beyond their mental capabilities.

Good point BP :)

I guess we could also say that "If we lose tonight all the usual miserable pessimistic buggers will say and we lost against against a League 1 team - we spent no money" blah blah bloody blah

and all the usual pessimists will come on here and whine... oh hold on, did i just call you a "supporter" ???

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]When was the last time you criticised the club BP ? my guess would be never .
[/quote]

I''m happy enough to criticise - we were crap tonight and shouldn''t have lost to a lower league side whatever our situation.  That is the starting point that we are all at - but it is where you go from there that is the thing....do you immediately write off all the players/signings/club/season and moan all the time (ie you) or do you look for positives (ie me).  I am certainly perfectly happy where I am, thanks.

GRRR[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="ncfcstar"]FFS, it is the second game of the season with almost a completely new side. You critics are just ridiculous, it is not the realists using excuses, it is you lot coming up with any old excuse to bash the team.[/quote]I really admire how you stoically battle on against any negativity so early on in the season. Careful JC doesn''t catch you, he''ll type asterisks at you. [;)][/quote]

Oh good god!  Beyond mental capabilities?  Of course they could gel.  There could be enough raw talent there to be a division winning team.  I hope so much there is.  I would LOVE to see flowing passing football and the ability to put the ball in the net from our team.What we DO know is we have not scored in two games after a poor pre-season and we need at LEAST one experienced, powerful striker.  Those are facts.  IF we go down against Blackpool on Saturday we are already 6 points off top and out of the league cup.Simple question.  How long do you think they need to gel?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I wouldn''t bother Carrow Roeder, there isn''t much point.  Some are so entrenched that I''m pretty sure nothing will bring them round.  It would appear that the idea of giving the side a few games to gel is just a little beyond their mental capabilities.[/quote]

We go to the games, we cheer the team.We come on a forum to discuss personal feelings about the club and where it is going. That is allowed, honest, and does NOT impact on team performance.  So please stop this ''holier than thou'' real supporter rubbish - it makes you look silly.

If we are concerned we can say so on here. And to be fair there is more evidence for the ''negative'' view right now than your brand of optimism.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]and all the usual pessimists will come on here and whine... oh hold on, did i just call you a "supporter" ???[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]Oh good god!  Beyond mental capabilities?  Of course they could gel.  There could be enough raw talent there to be a division winning team.  I hope so much there is.  I would LOVE to see flowing passing football and the ability to put the ball in the net from our team.

What we DO know is we have not scored in two games after a poor pre-season and we need at LEAST one experienced, powerful striker.  Those are facts.  IF we go down against Blackpool on Saturday we are already 6 points off top and out of the league cup.

Simple question.  How long do you think they need to gel?

[/quote]

I''d say perhaps to the end of the transfer window.

Incidentally, it is a fact that we had a poor preseason, is it?  We lost one game, to a Spurs side that has beaten almost everyone by 5(please don''t count the Youth matches)!!  IMO our preseason was no better or worse than it usually is - it wasn''t particularly amazing preseason but nor was it poor.

I''d agree that we need an injection of something into our front line.  It seems that our possession play has actually improved, but there is no end result - we clearly need to splash some cash and get someone in.

So the usual Pessimists v Optimists was has already begun in earnest. All I want to say is this, and bear in mind I earlier started what some would call a ''negative'' post against Roeder earlier tonight.

The fact is that Roeder has done himself no favours with some of the stupid decisions that he has made in continually bringing in unknown kids who will never be good enough to achieve a top 6 place, releasing Huckerby in something akin to McLaren dropping Beckham, and continually slating Cureton every time he misses a chance.

I would love nothing more than the team to have performed well but it just isn''t going to happen when the man in charge decides to cut his nose off to spite his face.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I wouldn''t bother Carrow Roeder, there isn''t much point.  Some are so entrenched that I''m pretty sure nothing will bring them round.  It would appear that the idea of giving the side a few games to gel is just a little beyond their mental capabilities.[/quote]

What''s the view like in your colon?

Get a grip man/woman/nancyboy and face reality when it confronts you.......

We''ve spent little money and purchased little talent.And it is now displayed in all it''s dreadful glory.How long do we give them this season?Last season it began like this "give them a few games"...."give them 10 games"...."give them to Xmas"....4 seasons of this we have endured. Why should we endure it any longer?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]We''ve spent little money and purchased little talent.[/quote]Not sure I agree with the second part of this statement.We were awful tonight, but for the second game in a row I think its the old faces are the ones letting us down, and some of the new faces are the only thing to be optimistic about.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="ncfcstar"]FFS, it is the second game of the season with almost a completely new side. You critics are just ridiculous, it is not the realists using excuses, it is you lot coming up with any old excuse to bash the team.[/quote]

I really admire how you stoically battle on against any negativity so early on in the season. Careful JC doesn''t catch you, he''ll type asterisks at you. [;)]
[/quote]

LMAO!! [:D]