Sign in to follow this  
Yellow since 1977

Win against Blackpool?

Blackpool have also lost their first two games. If we struggle against them and get nothing from Cardiff with Birmingham at home the following week then we do need to worry.

I think we will win on saturday and that will start us off, we should by then have a target man in place who can lay off for Lupoli and Cureton but he needs some pedigree

First Norwich game. Norwich 1 - 0 Middlesborough 1977 (aged 11)

Agreed, I feel we can turn over Blackpool with ease. I fancy us to start to take our chances after Glenn''s outrage at the forwards. Unfortunately Koroma just doesn''t seem good enough to start games, I hope Lupoli and Cureton begin and we can put in a performance did last saturday but with the end product.

A nice 2-0 victory will settle a lot of fans for the time being, and with the new target man helping us to a draw against Cardiff will be a good thing too! :)

This is also our first meaningful game at home, hopefully we can have a good atmosphere at Carrow Road to lift the team and they can play as well as against Coventry but finishing their chances.  I reckon Blackpool will be even worse than Cov as well.

Am hoping for a win, we certainly need to get something on the board especially against the poorer sides in the division.

[quote user="Yellow since 1977"]

Blackpool have also lost their first two games. If we struggle against them and get nothing from Cardiff with Birmingham at home the following week then we do need to worry.

I think we will win on saturday and that will start us off, we should by then have a target man in place who can lay off for Lupoli and Cureton but he needs some pedigree

First Norwich game. Norwich 1 - 0 Middlesborough 1977 (aged 11)

[/quote]Won''t Blackpool be saying that exact same thing. A win away to Norwich who have lost their first two game and haven''t scored a single goal and our seasons up and running.

They probably will but if they looked seriously at our performance against Coventry then they will have to be seriously worried. Blackpool were destined to struggle this season and are probably dead certs for me to go down.

Blackpool have played two and lost two like us. They are the away team on Saturday, what would you do if you were the Blackpool manager knowing that we are yet to score and the crowd is likely to be on our backs?

Simple, they will come for the draw, hooligan will be man marked and they''ll put men behind the ball and frustrate the life out of us always hoping to nick one on the break.

Who would back against them?

I doubt we will get on their backs saturday mate. Most of us have said last night we will give our all to push on the team Saturday and give the likes of Lupoli and Hoolahan some much needed morale to push them forward further and get a goal or two :)

I can see Blackpool wanting to play for the draw and let us have possession for the most part. However if they do this, I can see us making them pay for it and big time, if our passing is as sharp as it was against Coventry, and against an equally as poor (maybe worse) defensive lineup, being at home with the fans behind them Lupoli and Cureton along with Hoolahan could have a field day and get the season off and running.

[quote user="Yellow since 1977"]

[/quote]

Thats what I call looking on the bright side, well said. [:)]

I was unfortunate enough to be at Macclesfield last night. Blackpool were abysmal. Played ok against Bristol, without any threat up front, but we are not the team you saw last season. We have only won 5 of our last 25 matches. If Norwich don''t win on Saturday you have serious problems.

"However if they do this, I can see us making them pay for it and big time, if our passing is as sharp as it was against Coventry, and against an equally as poor (maybe worse) defensive lineup, being at home with the fans behind them Lupoli and Cureton along with Hoolahan could have a field day and get the season off and running."

I hope you''re right because Cardiff and Birmingham will be tough. I can''t help feeling in time we will change our opinion of the Coventry ''performance''. Do you remember Leeds away a couple of seasons ago? Like Coventry it was the first game, like Coventry we played them off the park, like Coventry we failed to score, like Coventry we lost the game, like Coventry we crowed for weeks about the ''performance''. 

Leeds got hit regularly by 3''s and 4''s thereafter and were duly relegated, like Coventry? Time will tell.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"] I fancy us to start to take our chances after Glenn''s outrage at the forwards[/quote]

we didnt create anything last night, can only recall 2 easy saves from Gueret and russell hitting the post from 30yrds