Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

Scum back in for Shola.. Move fast Glenn

Makes you laugh doesn''t it! That will push his price up again, we are sooooooo slow! If newspaper reports are correct Rosenborg are not selling Iversen, saying he is their most important player, so Roeder needs to forget him and get someone else in quick!

When are people going to realise that we cant afford the fee for Ameobi or his wages reported to be in the region of £25k a week.

We''ll end up with another cheapie ot a loanee cause we have got any money and Delia refuses to let go and let anyone else in.

[quote user="cityangel"]

When are people going to realise that we cant afford the fee for Ameobi or his wages reported to be in the region of £25k a week.

We''ll end up with another cheapie ot a loanee cause we have got any money and Delia refuses to let go and let anyone else in.

[/quote]

Blimey, Angel, are you OK ?

[quote user="Be Smart "]http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/sport/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=zSport&itemid=IPED13%20Aug%202008%2010%3A16%3A49%3A133[/quote]

Good! Lets hope he goes there cos I honestly don''t rate him.

I would much prefer Alan Lee at £500k - proven scorer at this level and has the physical hold up play and touch that we need. I don''t care that he plays for Ipswich - does''nt make him a bad player!  

Alan Lee proven scorer lmao didnt he go 20 something games without scoring last season , you just know Ameobi will end up at Portman Road and give that lot another reason to laugh at us , we are pathetic .

Moaning again are you Loan City FC, you still haven''t answered my question about whether you are going to the game on Saturday.

Why are we so very slow?  Do we have to sell before we can buy?  And is there a standoff because Glenn is refusing to sell? 

Just an idea, not a rumour or a prediction.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]alan lee is a scummer i would not welcome him here we were rock bottom of league two and had gone 10 games without scoring.[/quote]

Do you realise how ridiculous that comment sounds? Lee has scored 33 goals for Ipswich in 93 appearances, that''s 1 goal in just under every 3 games. Not amazingly prolific I agree but still equates to about 16 goals in a full season. I would take that kind of record like a shot if we could get him for £500k, plus he''s got the height we need.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Be Smart "]http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/sport/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=IpswichTownFC&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=zSport&itemid=IPED13%20Aug%202008%2010%3A16%3A49%3A133[/quote]

I would much prefer Alan Lee at £500k - proven scorer at this level and has the physical hold up play and touch that we need. I don''t care that he plays for Ipswich - does''nt make him a bad player!  

[/quote]

What planet are you on?

Ameobi has scored 50 goals in the prem, he would be awesome for us, the only doubt is his fitness.

Lee is just a journeyman carthorse

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Blimey CA I never thought I''d see you sya that lol more power to you girl [:D][Y]

lincoln canary wrote:

alan lee is a scummer i would not welcome him here we were rock bottom of league two and had gone 10 games without scoring.

Do you realise how ridiculous that comment sounds? Lee has scored 33 goals for Ipswich in 93 appearances, that''s 1 goal in just under every 3 games. Not amazingly prolific I agree but still equates to about 16 goals in a full season. I would take that kind of record like a shot if we could get him for £500k, plus he''s got the height we need.

No?! He plays for ipsh*t. stop singing the praise of a scummer

Agree with you City Angel,  the reason we have not got that elusive "big striker" is that we are grubbing around in the bargain bin. We are skint .

I thought Ameobis record was 28 goals in 168 apprearances (courtesy of Wikipedia, not reliable but quickest I could get to!) thats 1 in 6 compared to Lee''s 1 in 3

If you can give me a link to prove Ameobi has 50 Prem goals I will be delighted to come and join you on whatever planet it is you are on!

Still running on Ncfcstar , do you need to be at a game to know these players are complete shite ? yes i will be there ty very much, by the way why were you not at  the game last night ? not really a true supporter are you ?? how many years have you been supporting my guess would be 5 or 6 come back and ask silly questions when you have over 40 to your name .

Yes we do need to be at the games, otherwise your judgment is clouded by the comments on the radio or by disgruntled fans. I wasn''t at the game last night, and neither were you, I wasn''t questioning whether you were a true supporter, I was questioning why you had the right to moan about the team like you do.

I have been supporting Norwich since I was born I guess because my Dad is a Norwich fan, but if you want to know when my first game was it was 1996, Swindon at home, Fleck and Walkers return 2-0 victory. Now I make that 12 years of watching the Canaries, and seeing as I am 20 I obviously can''t have as valid as an opinion as you with your 40 years....it would be pretty impossible for me to have that many years behind my belt.

So no I am not a johnny-come-lately, kind of ruined your argument hasn''t it.

[quote user="Ambrosden canary"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]

What planet are you on?

Ameobi has scored 50 goals in the prem, he would be awesome for us, the only doubt is his fitness.

Lee is just a journeyman carthorse

[/quote]

I really hope he is IF he signs for us. I will be the first to contact you and say you were right if that happens. Sadly, I fear the hype about Ameobi is just that- hype! To be correct he has NOT scored 50 goals ''in the prem'' - many of his goals were in various European matches but the overall total is just under 50.

I only moan about what i think needs moaning about , Hoolahan is a great buy (would we have got him but for the release clause though) but nobody will convince me that getting in all these kids are a good thing , take Koroma 18 year old never played in this country did anybody really think he would cope with Championship football ? As for spending money well what we have spent is peanuts and still we cannot afford a decent striker , yet we can turn away a billionaire who wants to plough £20 million into the playing side .My opinion is Delia Smith needs putting in a straight jacket and carried out of Carrow Road before we all end up in League 1.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]I only moan about what i think needs moaning about , Hoolahan is a great buy (would we have got him but for the release clause though) but nobody will convince me that getting in all these kids are a good thing , take Koroma 18 year old never played in this country did anybody really think he would cope with Championship football ? As for spending money well what we have spent is peanuts and still we cannot afford a decent striker , yet we can turn away a billionaire who wants to plough £20 million into the playing side .My opinion is Delia Smith needs putting in a straight jacket and carried out of Carrow Road before we all end up in League 1.
[/quote]

Great post! and as for hoolahan no! if we had to bid with the big boys he wouldnt be a Norwich player....

jas :)

you no jack all either jas like the loan loser!!!!

im with ncfc star on this wes is a very good player at this level as is clingan as is lupoli but hay two games in!!!

and we are f"*k arnt we?

yes is a slight concern playing good football with out taking our chances

but play like we did sat and take a couple of chances the team will be hard to beat!!!

(but hay lets carry on an moan moan moan!!! same old norwich, we may have a lot of fans but 50% no didily squat about football!!!)

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]I only moan about what i think needs moaning about , Hoolahan is a great buy (would we have got him but for the release clause though) but nobody will convince me that getting in all these kids are a good thing , take Koroma 18 year old never played in this country did anybody really think he would cope with Championship football ? As for spending money well what we have spent is peanuts and still we cannot afford a decent striker , yet we can turn away a billionaire who wants to plough £20 million into the playing side .My opinion is Delia Smith needs putting in a straight jacket and carried out of Carrow Road before we all end up in League 1.
[/quote]

We''ve had our disagreements today about Alan Lee (and you do seem obsessively anti Ipswich) BUT I 100% agree with you on The Cook comment!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]I only moan about what i think needs moaning about , Hoolahan is a great buy (would we have got him but for the release clause though)

[/quote]

No.  And we still had to throw in Matty Gilks for good measure.

I dont like Ipswich with a passion and i dont want Alan Lee either , my god what a scenario we end up with Lee and they get Ameobi , whats the number for the Samaritans .

Lee is going to Palace, or at least that is what the EADT are reporting this morning, if the Scum get a new striker in.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "] take Koroma 18 year old never played in this country did anybody really think he would cope with Championship football ? [/quote]

Well I guess the jury is still out on that one Loan but I have been really impressed by him in the two games so far. You''re right, he is only 18, but if you''re good enough you''re old enough so to speak and I don''t think it''s fair to write him off before the majority of fans have even seen him play.

[quote user="Fat Strawberry"]

Why are we so very slow?  Do we have to sell before we can buy?  And is there a standoff because Glenn is refusing to sell? 

Just an idea, not a rumour or a prediction.

[/quote]

You''re very slow because you have no money and a manger that has a taste for relagation, even players know that.