Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Fotheringham

Still cant pass , cant tackle, cant shoot, oh and cant lead by example either!!  Please Mr roeder hurry up and see through this league 2 class headless chicken!!. oh and off load the other headless chicken known as Lee Croft as well!!!

[quote user="jim blair"]Still cant pass , cant tackle, cant shoot, oh and cant lead by example either!!  Please Mr roeder hurry up and see through this league 2 class headless chicken!!. oh and off load the other headless chicken known as Lee Croft as well!!![/quote]

Agree about Fotheringham - have been slated on here in the past for saying so - he flatters to decieve. Chadwick''s got more about him than Fozzy.

Bang on!

Fotheringham ''talks'' a good game but I have never seen him pass and he can''t score.

How on earth he is Captain, God knows.

How he keeps Rusty on the bench, God knows. He is below Pattison in my book.

Even listening to the radio coverage his name kept coming up with a negative remark.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="jim blair"]Still cant pass , cant tackle, cant shoot, oh and cant lead by example either!!  Please Mr roeder hurry up and see through this league 2 class headless chicken!!. oh and off load the other headless chicken known as Lee Croft as well!!![/quote]

Agree about Fotheringham - have been slated on here in the past for saying so - he flatters to decieve. Chadwick''s got more about him than Fozzy.

[/quote] I To have been slated many times, in my 40 years of following Norwich this is the most baffling thing ever!! Captain my a***

I agree, he was hopeless and Croft had Headless Chicken Syndrome. Why Clingan was subbed instead of Fotheringham is a mystery (actually no it isn''t - Clingan isn''t captain...)

He''s not the only example of Roeders "unusual" sellections though is he. We had Gibbs in the team ahead of Russell last year, Huckerby on the bench for half a season and this year we have an average loanee keeping Semmy out of the squad. 

I only listened to the game on the radio but I didn''t hear much praise coming Fotheringham''s way.  He seemed to spend most of the time having a running battle with their midfielder.  I am amazed he insists on taking all the corners, and most of the free kicks, as basically he isn''t that good at delivering a dead ball. 

I also heard Roeder say that he doesn''t have any favourites, but Fotheringham and Croft clearly seem to fit that bill.  I was slated on this forum last year for stating that I don''t think Fotheringham is a good captain who leads by example;  only time will tell this season if I am right.  Listening to the game today it sounded as though Clingan (despite the penalty), Stefanovich ( despite the late tackle on Tabb), and Kennedy would all be potential candidates for the captaincy.

Finally I couldn''t understand why Russell wasn''t starting today after scoring two in the last friendly;  but there again that would have meant Roeder having to drop his captain to the bench.

I wouldn''t say that Croft is a favorite of GR, far from it. The thing is, Fozzy does up the tempo and does do the small things ok. I would change the dead ball from him to someone else. If he plays poorly, then there is no way  that GR is going to allow him in the team, there is too much competition in the team now.

was the worst player on the pitch. couldnt believe clingan was taken off ahead of him. was lucky not to be sent off.

For a while last season it seemed as though Fotheringham was going to turn into a really good player for us, but he now seems to have slipped back to the erratic self that he was when he first came here. I''d sooner see Clingan and Russell in the middle - Russell was one of our best players last season. He hasn''t done much wrong.

It seems so obvious that Clingan and Russell would be a much better pairing than Fozzy and Clingan. Clingan and Fozzy are too similar but with Russell in the side, Clingan could still sit deep allowing Russell to press forward. We are going to need the goals which he is far more likely to score than Fozzy ever will. I have a lot of time for Roeder but can''t understand why he doesn''t seem to see what strikes most people as obvious. Still, he''s the Manager and must know something we don''t.

[quote user="Fergie"]For a while last season it seemed as though Fotheringham was going to turn into a really good player for us, but he now seems to have slipped back to the erratic self that he was when he first came here. I''d sooner see Clingan and Russell in the middle - Russell was one of our best players last season. He hasn''t done much wrong.[/quote]yeah, well  roedy hinted recently  about rusty''s attitude/,. probably cos rusty  got p**sed off by the way we imploded last feb (loanees) and then got sent off twice.,/  then dropped for gibbs against qpr for a must win game???rusty is probably trying to get back into favour - he knows what to do, don''t forget he was stoke captain under pulis!!!btw - roedy won''t cut his  nose to spite his face, needs must, and a loss at home next week will see rusty back in the team, as long as he shows the ''right'' attitude in training etc...for me, clinkers and rusty look to be best pairing for city this season, and remember fozzy only has a 1 year contract???

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]Isn''t Clingan supposed to be an expert free kick taker??[/quote]He scored one free kick. The fans here took it our of all proportions when he joined.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]FFS HE CAN PASS YOU DONT ACTUALLY WATCH HIM PLAY IF HE CANT PASS THEN WE DONT HAVE A PLAYER WHO CAN[/quote]So I imagined his ''performance'' yesterday then?

I think the fact of the matter is, he is a good player to have on the pitch but only AFTER we''ve established ourselves. All the basic passes to Stefanovic and whoever appears to be playing leftback would be good for holding the game once we''re winning, but when youre desperately looking for some forward drive from your midfield to help you start winning, he is simply not commanding enough. He lacks pace and strength with which to force through the middle himself, and we should all realise Clingan isnt going to be the attacking sort of player. This became abundantly clear yesterday as our attacking force came almost solely through Hoolahan passing inside to a foward and then us working the wider areas from there, or Croft bombing down the right- to no advantage to us, but still...
Russel showed us he can do this against Colchester, as well as now and then versus Spurs- power and strength through the middle, giving us a good foward drive from central midfield. He also is pacey enough to be the late-arrivng midfielder in the box for crosses, as we saw Etuhu do several times before he left, that can grab us a good few goals.

But then again, Fozzy has the armband... but I wouldnt put it past Clingan or Russel to have taken that from him come the end of the season.

[quote user="jim blair"]Another 2 fine performances from this pair of clowns masquerading as championship footballers last night.[/quote]Another fine performance from a message board "troll" masquerading as an educated fan who actually watches the games the players take part in.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="jim blair"]Another 2 fine performances from this pair of clowns masquerading as championship footballers last night.[/quote]

Another fine performance from a message board "troll" masquerading as an educated fan who actually watches the games the players take part in.
[/quote]  oh dear Mr chicken, i have obviousley been masquerading the length and breadth of  the country for the past 41 years, following my team through thick and thin!!   AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME I AM A VERY WORRIED FAN..

[quote user="jim blair"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="jim blair"]Another 2 fine performances from this pair of clowns masquerading as championship footballers last night.[/quote]Another fine performance from a message board "troll" masquerading as an educated fan who actually watches the games the players take part in.[/quote]  oh dear Mr chicken, i have obviousley been masquerading the length and breadth of  the country for the past 41 years, following my team through thick and thin!!   AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME I AM A VERY WORRIED FAN..[/quote]Oh dear, another one for the wise old Wiz, Arthur and Cluck brigade.Worried - fine, but then I think that a lot of it is down to atmosphere. The last time Norwich did well was the last time all of the fans rocked the ground back when we had a team short in many areas (pace in defence, and quality in other positions).The ground these days seems to be quiet appart from the barclay - it needs to be all of the stadium not just those who battle on for the cause rather than sit and way up whether the last ball was worthy of cheering or if a player is playing well enough to get behind only to see the chance slip away.I personaly think we have one of the strongest squads since relegation from prem - and I believe it is the prem experience that lead to a lot of this negativity towards the club.I think you would see all of the players play better if they were supported rather than judged every five minutes.