Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Fair play league

We have only 3 yellows so far this season. (Iwan has that on his own at Gillingham) so what are the chances of getting into Europe through the fair play league. Does anyone know the rules?

As far as I understand it, the fair play league is based obviously on those teams with the best disciplinary record from the respective leagues who haven''t already qualified for europe. All the qualifying teams from the european leagues are then put into a hat and the lucky winner drawn out.

So the binners a couple of seasons ago were lucky on two occasions.

I reckon Yeovil after their performance against Plymouth a few weeks ago deserve to get something for fair play. You wouldn''t see Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea deliberately concede a goal to get things back on level terms...
Only problem is that they would get hammered by whoever they came up against!

if we were in the premiership last season, then we would of been put in the hat for a place in europe!

but as i said before its one team from every country get put into a hat(not actually a hat) then only 1 is picked out!

charlton was englands this year!

Cheers Peter, do you know the breakdown ie 1 point for a foul 3 for a yellow etc? Also where did you get the league table from, to save us bothering you again?

Got the league table from here:

[link]http://stats.premierleague.com/[/link]

Although I''m not sure how accurate it is as the Fair Play League is based on average points per game. Fouls are 1 point, yellow cards are 2 and red cards are 5. On that system I would''ve thought we''d be on more than 2 points...