Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Iversen IS a big risk!

For once, this isn''t about a players ability, Iversen could work out okay for us, but his injury record is very bad. Surely we don''t want another Peter Thorne on our hands do we?

I didn''t think Thorne''s injury record was a problem, he was just rubbish full stop!  Fair enough he might have had a few injuries, but he played in more than enough games to make a difference.  Whatever Iversen''s injury record was like I''m sure even if he only played 5 games he''d be more useful than Thorne ever was!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]For once, this isn''t about a players ability, Iversen could work out okay for us, but his injury record is very bad. Surely we don''t want another Peter Thorne on our hands do we?[/quote]

Don''t sweat it Wiz, I hope we have moved on from him now, he is not worth hanging on for!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]For once, this isn''t about a players ability, Iversen could work out okay for us, but his injury record is very bad. Surely we don''t want another Peter Thorne on our hands do we?[/quote]

Valid point but to be fair Ashton was a cripple whilst he was here and still is at WH. We would have him back though wouldnt we. I think Iverson would run riot in this league if kept fit. Its a risk we have to take.

Comparing Iverson to Thorne now are we Wiz?

Now I know you''ve lost the plot.  Iverson is a proven goal scorer in the top league and at International level. I don''t think you can quite say the same about Thorne

I''m still waiting to hear what his injury record is like, Wiz says that

its bad, but I''ve genuinely no idea so would like to be enlightened...

Yes Iverson is a big risk.

Of frightening the rest of the league smashing in the goals and causing first wizard to be unable to complain and moan about something.

In my eyes a risk worth taking.

[quote user="Scooby"]

Comparing Iverson to Thorne now are we Wiz?

Now I know you''ve lost the plot.  Iverson is a proven goal scorer in the top league and at International level. I don''t think you can quite say the same about Thorne

[/quote]Err? thats not what I said Scooby, I clearly said ''could''.......... and I understood he suffered with a dodgy knee when he last played in this country EM.

Ok Wiz, to prove that you are not a Troll just seeking attention please post details of his injuries and how they have affected his playing career. I have had a cursory glance over his stats and can find no evidence of a bad injury record, obviously you have more information?

he was terrible at wolves in the premier during his spell, but then he hit a hatrick vs valencia

which one do you guys reckon we''l get? garuntee it will be the terrible one

its not that he may get injuryed, its the fact that Roeder looks set to have all his eggs in one bag again, waiting for him to sign,

U can see it now, Two weeks later, Rosenborg still don''t have a replacement, so you know what that means for us, we dont have a new target man either.

If its taken 3 months for us to get this far with Iversen surely we should move on to a new target and not risk ending August with out anyone.

One other thing, I''m also pi55ed about Shola joining binners, Whats 2 million in this day and age in football terms.

Agreed. The risk is not if he''s good enough or if he will get injured its that there seems little chance of any deal being done in the near future and with every game that goes by we are losing valuable points. If we are holding out for Iversen and it doesn''t happen we will have to panic buy again. i sincerely hope GR has a plan B!