I remember being relegated and how much that hurt.
I have also endured 5 seasons of crap football and been laughed at by all my Ipshit mates.
I have endured 4 better seasons culminating in winning division 1 and restoring premiership football.

So far I have seen nothing negative in the 4 games that we have played to indicate that we cannot compete at this level. If we suffer injuries we could struggle but that is not connected to the size of the squad.

What Norwich have is a strength of spirit and commitment throughout the team to battle using good quality football to secure anend result.

I would defy anyone to challenge the quality of football displayed so far this season barring one or two players who are finding adjustment difficult.

We played against and matched for periods of the play Manu U and Arsenal and Newcastle. We did not win but we proved what we could do against THE BEST and as importantly it proved to the players that they can compete and in any profession confidence will breed success.

It is not all about the quality of players (remember Middlesborough who were relegated with one of the most prolific strikers in Serie A as they could not cut it as a team)
Norwich also has a tight knit dressing room and team spirit and it would be criminal if that were lost as a result of a bad buy. There is a lot more to buying a player than his displayed abilities and it is not just about the cash.

I was as excited as anyone yesterday awaiting news of new arrivals up front and am dissapointed but we must only buy the right people and I believe that if that person was available we would have bought them and we didn''t so on we go to Tottenham and 3 points as these will come soon as we are the best that I have seen us for a long time.
I have waited a long time for this and I for one am not about to dismiss our chances 4 games in but to support the team that I love with an absolute passion.

We can do this and must all believe and trust in those that got us here.

Well said Yellaman. I understand the frustration at not signing anyone before the deadline, but I''m a little concerned at the levels of negativity at the moment. The one thing we must do is ensure our club survives, even if we do go down this year. I don''t want us to sign someone we can''t afford, or sign someone for the sake of it ! History is littered with many teams supposedly bigger than us who have taken a gamble and watched it backfire in spectacular fashion. I would love us to sign some so called big names, but not at the expense of our long term future. I believe in the squad we have, as Yellaman says we have done ok so far, against top quality opposition we haven''t disgraced ourselves. We know this season will be tough, but let''s give the team a chance to show US we don''t need to sign anyone else. 4 games in and already OUR fans are saying we''re doomed . . . come on, let''s
see the same support and belief for our club as we all showed last season.
OTBC !!!

Quite right yellaman. Great post. I was a bit disappointed when we didn''t get anybody yesterday. But I would rather keep the players we have than panic buy. We have the quality in our squad to compete in the Premiership. We also have the spirit in the dressing room and the fans on the terraces. We WILL stay up

Keep the faith

Well said Yellaman, good to have you on the board, good to see someone being realistic and talking sense.

I''m thankful to see some sense on here today. Last season we were one of the only clubs in the old div 1 who could guarantee that we''d be able to fufill our fixtures through to May. The club is on sound financial grounds, we spend what we can afford, the capacity of the ground has been increased (the main source of revenue) and our trip to Malaysia will hopefully raise a few extra pounds from merchendising in the far East.

The way some fans are talking it all seems very similar to Wolves last year.

wonderful post yellaman

we have a lot to be thankful for and a lot that does need to be remembered

we will do okay this season, in fact a bit more than okay

How could you, Peter? I had to sit in endless meetings with no computer access! I only found out about Steve Harmison''s hattrick a few minutes ago!!! Have we signed anyone? Sorry - that was yesterday wasn''t it?!

I thought you weren''t allowed to be tired, Peter. Sorry! There''s me foolishly thinking you could burn the candle at both ends, unlike me!

susie, no it is me that burns the candle at both ends, god now I AM TIRED!!!!

how did the cheeseboard handing out go on saturday, and yes, we must meet up at the next reserves game!