Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Booing at the Milton Keynes game (one for Badger)

I was pi**ed off by the performance and result but I didn''t boo. The players already knew they had messed up when they trudged off the field without acknowledging the fans - only Clingan made an effort to clap us. To be honest though I didn''t think that we fans ''performed'' as well as we could have done on Tuesday evening either. The atmosphere was crap. There was no pre-match singing and precious little in the match to spur the boys on. We had over 2000 fans there - as many as at Cov - but it was like folks had just come to see an opera or something. I did my best as did a number of other individuals (kudos to the lone man singing ''Green Army'' and chappie wearing the yellow wig standing up trying to animate the crowd) but most of the crowd were patently not there to sing. I suppose it was a Tuesday night in the Carling Cup against MK Dons - hardly riveting stuff admittedly - but what''s the point in making all that effort to go if you don''t sing your heart out?

Since when has it been compulsory to sing in order to support the team. It''s rather like buying a ticket and then almost having to apologise for wanting to sit down to watch the game because the people in front of you want to stand up for 90 minutes.

[quote user="Gonzo"]I booed the tic tacs employed by Glen[/quote]I heard he had the Orange and Lime ones. The Mint ones are clearly better. Clearly he deserved to be booed.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Since when has it been compulsory to sing in order to support the team. It''s rather like buying a ticket and then almost having to apologise for wanting to sit down to watch the game because the people in front of you want to stand up for 90 minutes.[/quote] Singing to support your team has been an inherent part of football culture since the game began though perhaps that view is anachronistic in the age of all seater stadiums. Do people really want a cinema experience now when they go to a game? We buy the ticket, get a hot dog and sit there in relative silence (someone''s bound to leave their mobile on or russle a sweet paper) until the final whistle?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Would Badger care to explain why a number of the 2,000+ who went to the Milton Keynes game boo''d the team at the end? Was this a sign of affection for Delia?

[/quote]

Because the team played very badly.  End of.

Tellingly the first "oh Huckerby" chants were met with a loud reply of "get over it" and applause.

[quote user="Jules"] . There was no pre-match singing and precious little in the match to spur the boys on. [/quote]

I thought it was the players job to entertain us?

Do you shout extra dialogue at the screen while watching a film at the cinema to encourage an Oscar winning performance from the actors? 

[quote user="Jules"]. To be honest though I didn''t think that we fans ''performed'' as well as we could have done on Tuesday evening either. The atmosphere was crap. . [/quote]

Presumably you were siting in the other end of the ground.

[/quote]What''s that meant to mean?  I was sitting in block 34 row DD where were you? I''m just saying that I believe it helps the team if we fans sing a little. Compared to the Coventry game there was precious little of it.

[quote user="Jules"] . There was no pre-match singing and precious little in the match to spur the boys on. [/quote]

Do you shout extra dialogue at the screen while watching a film at the cinema to encourage an Oscar winning performance from the actors? 

[/quote]No mate, in a film you''re supposed to stay quiet. You obviously have an aversion to singing at football matches. No further comment necessary. End of dialogue.

[quote user="Jules"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

No mate, in a film you''re supposed to stay quiet. You obviously have an aversion to singing at football matches. No further comment necessary. End of dialogue.
[/quote]

Wrong assumption!  I really enjoy singing at away games. However its not my job to entertain the players with community singing.

There was quite a bit of booing, but i would never boo at our fans.  That''s my choice and I respect the other fans'' choice to voice their opinion - personally I don''t think it helps the team.

I cant imagine it was anything to do with Delia, just raw emotion direction at a team that didnt have any belief or the balls to do what they are paid thousands a week to do.