Sign in to follow this  
Tipster101

OMG Ipswich Town's attendance last night...

Ipswich: Supple, Casement, Bruce, Naylor, Balkestein, Walters (Lisbie 70), Trotter (Garvan 64), Miller, Quinn (Norris 57), Lee, Haynes.
Subs Not Used: Richard Wright, Peters, Smith, Rhodes.

Booked: Bruce, Norris.

Goals: Haynes 20, Miller 22, Haynes 44, Lee 48.

Leyton Orient: Morris, Purches, Mkandawire (Thelwell 73), Saah, Granville (Palmer 57), Melligan, Chambers, Terry (Thornton 46), Demetriou, Boyd, Jarvis.
Subs Not Used: Jones, Wayne Gray, Cave-Brown, Pires.

Booked: Thornton.

Goals: Boyd 49.

Att: 1,477

Must be a misprint or something.

I know the binners have glory hunting fans but cant see them having an attendance that low.

Sh*t crowd, good team. Sadly. I''d swap a few thousand less season ticket holders for their ability to score (and generally they always seem to finish around the playoffs which is a foreign area of the table to us...)

[quote user="LondonITFC"]Get your facts right mate, it was 10,400 in actual fact!! Will you score a goal this season?[/quote]

Probably the correct figure LondonITFC, someone missed a zero out. Better than scoring zero I suppose.

But as your friends point out, attendances don''t get you points or even goals!! I would rather play in front of 5 people and win, than play in front of 24,000 and lose most weeks!!

I''d rather we were getting crowds of 10000 and had a decent team on the pitch, if sell out crowds are all we''ve got to cling to it only proves how bad we are on the pitch. I dislike Ipswich with a vengeance but it has to be said that they are far more likely to achieve success long before we ever will.

[quote user="Tipster101"]I too would love you to play in front of 5 people, it would bankrupt you and we would be rid of ITFC[/quote]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Tipster101"]I too would love you to play in front of 5 people, it would bankrupt you and we would be rid of ITFC[/quote]

They''ve already been bankrupt, but it didn''t get rid of them!!!

[quote user="dhickl"]

They''ve already been bankrupt, but it didn''t get rid of them!!!

[/quote]

They say that in the event of a nuclear war, cockroaches would be the only survivors.

[quote user="Badcanary"]

Must be a misprint or something.

I know the binners have glory hunting fans but cant see them having an attendance that low.

[/quote]

It was 10,477

The Ipswich team is not that good (trust me I see them every week), and yours is likely to be better than it is showing now - a couple of goals and confidence will be back.  Don''t be so negative!  Going out of the beer cup is no big deal away from home, they would have treated it as a cup final!

[quote user="LondonITFC"]

But as your friends point out, attendances don''t get you points or even goals!! I would rather play in front of 5 people and win, than play in front of 24,000 and lose most weeks!!

[/quote]

be a bit shit though haha....last time i checked, u boys enjoyed languishing mid-table almost as much as us, havent seen a great deal of success for you!!

These message boards only light up when things are going wrong and I visit here as there are more things being posted than on ours and it is interesting for me to read other peoples views and have a bit of sparing, but for Christs sake, it''s only August, give Roeder a chance - if you like we can do a swap and you can have JM - then you''ll see how well he is probably doing!  The season never used to even start until September (well ok, end of August) so give the guy a break.  If it''s still the same comeNovember then I''ll sit back and enjoy, but I doub''t it will be as bad as you are making out and I''ll be amazed if Ipswich are doing as well as you seem to be thinking they will be! 

[quote user="C.T "]Who really cares about attendances? They have a better football team and better prospects this season.

Attendances mean NOTHING!
[/quote]

Wow CT you''ve moved on to bigging up their chances already, this really is quite a turnaround. Keep up the good work and maybe Wiz will let you rub his wand by the end of the week. There''s a good boy [:$]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Wow CT you''ve moved on to bigging up their chances already, this really is quite a turnaround. Keep up the good work and maybe Wiz will let you rub his wand by the end of the week. There''s a good boy [:$]

[/quote]O goodness me [+o(]

[quote user="C.T "][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

O goodness me [+o(]
[/quote]

hahahahaha good one! I can''t stop laughing!

On a serious note, it''s a bit early to be conceding defeat....especially to that lot down the road. I''m not particularly bothered that we went out of the ''beer cup'' anyway, as if we don''t have enough fixture congestion throughout the season. As a couple of the binners have said, give Roeder a chance. We''re two games into the new season, with a completely new team and it will take time for them to bed and sort themselves out.

From the peformance that we put out at Coventry, I''m confident that once the elusive target man arrives, providing he can play with the ball at his feet, we''ll do just fine. Keep the faith.

I went to the Ipswich game with a work mate who is a Leyton Orient fan.

Crowd was a disgrace! 2nd game into the season and you''dd expect a better attendance! Orient must have had 1000 of that number!!!

Jarvis by the way was terrible. Played every ball backwards and looked well out of his depth. Haynes looked very sharp and was the main reason Ipswich won.

[quote user="Blue"]The Ipswich team is not that good (trust me I see them every week), and yours is likely to be better than it is showing now - a couple of goals and confidence will be back.  Don''t be so negative!  Going out of the beer cup is no big deal away from home, they would have treated it as a cup final![/quote]

Thank you Blue for showing a little objectivity. It tells you the state of the Norwich fans on this forum when it takes an Ipswich fan to lead the Norwich cause in optimism. Norwich City has not even played in front of it its home crowd yet. Ipswich has, and lost. Yet we''ve got Norwich supporters saying what poor shape we are in compared to Ipswich. Wake up for goodness sake.

[quote user="LondonITFC"]Get your facts right mate, it was 10,400 in actual fact!! Will you score a goal this season?[/quote]

HA HA HA.......................................that is a binner boasting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha