Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Some people need to take a long look at themselves

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Polar"]I haven''t read the vast majority of threads on this board this morning, judging by the titles they are mostly a load of old drivel from the usual suspects and a few kids who want to join the wind up band wagon - you can class this thread as useless if you want, quite frankly i don''t care. A lot of ''fans'' have to take a long look at themselves, Coventry was unlucky and by the sounds of things so was last night, its a cup, cup competitions are designed so lower league opposition can claim some glory and be giant killers, we lost to a very organised team in MK dons, a team that is quite capable at home and fairly decent away, a team which yes has a new manager but hasn''t needed much gelling, unlike ourselves. So we lost, by the sounds of things they had a single effort on goal all game and we again missed chances, that''s football - we''re trying to gel, trying to get into our groove. There were people last season saying they''d rather us lose playing good football rather than bad football, well by the looks of things we''ve managed to sort the good football problem out we just need to hit form and start winning, alot of posters don''t seem to understand anything about football or sport in general, its not that easy to just win win win, we don''t have millions of pounds to buy the players to do that and no i don''t care for a board debate.I guess all this amounts to is me wanting to pass on my disgust to the reaction from some people here, we''re out of a cup aptly nicknamed "the mickey mouse cup", personally i couldn''t care less, I''d much rather concentrate on the league and Saturday when we finally play at home, with a team that can play and 24,000 fans behind them instead of a library which we played against cov in or a bunch of lower league fans wanting a giant killing. We can score goals and will on Saturday against a team we are more than capable of beating, and then naturally alot of muppets will say we are promotion material... wake up and give them a chance.Incomprehensible rant over.[/quote]

Sounds like another Jarrold Library member to me sit quiet arms folded mutter mutter, the Reality is Freedom of speach.We pay to watch football,a lot of fans have never seen good football at Carra Rud, are we not entitled to complain, if you buy something faulty from a shop do you not have the right to refund, I think it''s you who should take a look at yourself and perhaps stay at home on a Saturday, Most of us have Faith in GR, but the board would cock it up even if we had Fergison in charge, Get real we need the hard cash to get anywhere, I have been investing in Norwich City for more than 4O years season tickets and shirts and other merchandise. I have 6 grand children all season tichet holders we go to most away matches too, so I think I am entitled to voice an opinion

[/quote]Drop it with the Jarrold library nonsense grandad. learn to spell.

[quote user="Polar"]We can score goals and will on Saturday against a team we are more than capable of beating.

[/quote]

I hope yout right Polar. Im not so sure anymore. We were more than capable of beating Cov and MK Dons, but we didnt.

[quote user="Polar"] Coventry was unlucky and by the sounds of things so was last night, [/quote]No, Polar.  Last night was not unlucky.  Norwich city were not "unlucky" to be knocked out of the Carling Cup by the MK Dons.We deserved our defeat.  For seventy minutes we went backwards and sideways.  None of our players had the balls to put their hands up and say "yes, I''ll win this match for us."  They looked scared, timid, bereft of ideas or penetration, and (Hoolahan excepted) quality.We were feeble, lacking in imagination and pride, and we were outmuscled and outplayed.  I was at the game and the "chance upon chance" that Roeder and some misguided others talk about were not visible for me to see - though I do have the unfortunate habit of blinking every now and again so maybe I missed something.As for the team gelling - Drury, Shackell, Omuzusi and Otsemobor - do three of those names look familiar?And to be fair to Shackell, who has had his critics on here and me amongst them, he was the one player who looked like he gave a monkey''s that we were getting beaten by a crappy League 1 team (who had as much imagination as us, if truth be told) - he was getting forward, demanding the ball, running on, and reminded me of a lobotomized Steven Gerrard.In contrast, Fotheringham was total and utter rubbish.  He went back more than the Italian army.  Roeder''s substitutions were baffling unless Hoolahan has been injured, and leaving Lupoli on ten minutes after he was almost throwing up for knackeredness says he doesn''t read his players that well or he''s a sadistic little sod.It was a totally depressing night for all City fans, and while you may have the right to say "I haven''t read anything but blah blah blah": IF you had left work early to travel there, IF you had spent hours in a minibus navigating the roundabout hell that is Milton sodding Keynes, and IF you had seen our team''s pathetic display, you might be a little less blase and a little more realistic about what awaits us this season.Frankly, we were dogsh*t, and you need to take your head out of your ar*e.Equally incomprehensible rant over.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

As for the team gelling - Drury, Shackell, Omuzusi and Otsemobor - do three of those names look familiar?

[/quote]

This clealry explains the defeat then.

I hate all this gel talk. What has hair style got to do with football?

[quote user="JC"]

As has been said, Steve Claridge, a man who knows more than you or me about scrapping around outside the premier league says he thinks we will struggle this season.    So you disagree with him and think a team of loans, old men and league one players will gel and challenge do you?

[/quote]

Interesting.  All Claridge said was that, and I quote: "Norwich have yet to convince me that they''re back on the right road".  Hardly the damning statement that you infer, but nor is it particularly great....but since when has Claridge been an all seeing sage? IMO his opinion is no more or less valid than the guy in the Times who predicted 8th for us. 

My point is that you can pick and choose which to quote, both are as (in)valid as the other - there''s always more than one way to look at things.

Btw: do you really think we have a team of  Old men?  Our oldest player is 33, then 32, the rest are all 29 or under, with 8 between 23-25, suggesting decent experience.  I''ve not bothered to check, but I can well imagine most sides will have older players than us.  Indeed, IMO it would be no bad thing if we did have a couple of old heads - having old guys called Phillips and Windass in their sides didn''t exactly give WBA and Hull any problems last season, did it.  As for League 1 players, almost every player we signed this close season is from the Championship, the Prem or its equivalent.   

[quote user="crowey66"]you,re wasting your time Polar my friend,there are a few people who post on this site that like to moan,I honestly believe that if we won the league by 50 points and took the prem by storm they would still be here posting utter crap.[/quote]

There are several long term posters on this board that are Ipswich fans on a wind up. They try to do anything possible to cause disruption to the club and it has been going on for years. Go back through the records and see that they have been critical of nearly every action that has been taken.

They thrive on every defeat, failure to sign a player etc. Sadly some of our more gullible supporters have bought into this and think that they are genuine, hence all the fuss on this message board. The truth is that it is only a small number but they just post a lot giving the impression that their views have popular support.

Let''s see how many Deia out banners there are on Saturday shall we? Not as many as on this board I''ll bet!

Dogsh*t what a phrase and yes thats exactly what we were on tuesday night, the travelling to games really fu*ks you off when your team doesnt turn up regardless of what standard the opposition is!

For the people who went - fair play, you have a first hand opinion, I''m basing mine on others  words and experience that on this board a performance is often glorified as world class or blue square conference standard. Yes we''re out, its happened loads of times and isn''t a new thing.Mister chops, fair play on your comment though remember that out existing players need to gel with the new ones as well, we may as well have eleven new faces on the field and we''d still be in the same situation. Every team goes through a rough patch, there is nothing to gain by getting on their backs yet people insist on doing so, whats the point?And for the idiot who missed my sarcasm last time and tried to justify the comment of the other idiot. NO i''m NOT a binner, shockingly i''m a Norwich fan who wants to see NORWICH do well but also has a shred of patience.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Polar"] Coventry was unlucky and by the sounds of things so was last night,
[/quote]

No, Polar.  Last night was not unlucky.  Norwich city were not "unlucky" to be knocked out of the Carling Cup by the MK Dons.

We deserved our defeat.  For seventy minutes we went backwards and sideways.  None of our players had the balls to put their hands up and say "yes, I''ll win this match for us."  They looked scared, timid, bereft of ideas or penetration, and (Hoolahan excepted) quality.

We were feeble, lacking in imagination and pride, and we were outmuscled and outplayed.  I was at the game and the "chance upon chance" that Roeder and some misguided others talk about were not visible for me to see - though I do have the unfortunate habit of blinking every now and again so maybe I missed something.

As for the team gelling - Drury, Shackell, Omuzusi and Otsemobor - do three of those names look familiar?

And to be fair to Shackell, who has had his critics on here and me amongst them, he was the one player who looked like he gave a monkey''s that we were getting beaten by a crappy League 1 team (who had as much imagination as us, if truth be told) - he was getting forward, demanding the ball, running on, and reminded me of a lobotomized Steven Gerrard.

In contrast, Fotheringham was total and utter rubbish.  He went back more than the Italian army.  Roeder''s substitutions were baffling unless Hoolahan has been injured, and leaving Lupoli on ten minutes after he was almost throwing up for knackeredness says he doesn''t read his players that well or he''s a sadistic little sod.

It was a totally depressing night for all City fans, and while you may have the right to say "I haven''t read anything but blah blah blah": IF you had left work early to travel there, IF you had spent hours in a minibus navigating the roundabout hell that is Milton sodding Keynes, and IF you had seen our team''s pathetic display, you might be a little less blase and a little more realistic about what awaits us this season.

Frankly, we were dogsh*t, and you need to take your head out of your ar*e.

Equally incomprehensible rant over.

[/quote]

Excellent post

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="crowey66"]you,re wasting your time Polar my friend,there are a few people who post on this site that like to moan,I honestly believe that if we won the league by 50 points and took the prem by storm they would still be here posting utter crap.[/quote]

There are several long term posters on this board that are Ipswich fans on a wind up. They try to do anything possible to cause disruption to the club and it has been going on for years. Go back through the records and see that they have been critical of nearly every action that has been taken.

They thrive on every defeat, failure to sign a player etc. Sadly some of our more gullible supporters have bought into this and think that they are genuine, hence all the fuss on this message board. The truth is that it is only a small number but they just post a lot giving the impression that their views have popular support.

Let''s see how many Deia out banners there are on Saturday shall we? Not as many as on this board I''ll bet!

[/quote]

You really are naive enough to think that arn''t you? God its no wonder you go along with this farce of a Board every year. This bunch couldn''t run a tap and it seems taht as every day goe''s by we cant even get in a proven striker. Its all good and well having a lovely diamond encrusted yo-yo but its rather pointless without the string [think about that next time you''re enjoying a nice vino in the new hotel or comfy jarrold stand seat whilst the mighty Doncaster, Barnsley, or Swansea are 2 up at half time.][:@]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

You really are naive enough to think that arn''t you? God its no wonder you go along with this farce of a Board every year. This bunch couldn''t run a tap and it seems taht as every day goe''s by we cant even get in a proven striker. Its all good and well having a lovely diamond encrusted yo-yo but its rather pointless without the string [think about that next time you''re enjoying a nice vino in the new hotel or comfy jarrold stand seat whilst the mighty Doncaster, Barnsley, or Swansea are 2 up at half time.][:@]

[/quote]

Now Arto , you are such a lovely old boy but you do get everything arse about face don''t you , I gave you the clue to Ralph''s user name with the dog on his avatar but off you go getting the wrong one . There were 4 posters using dogs on their avatars and of course Arto you go and name the wrong one , for goodness sake think before you post . Now don''t you think Arto that one of the 4 has dropped the dog from his avatar , now do you think this is significant ? Arto you are miles out with this "I beat Atlanta", lovely old boy no doubt but no way can he post under someone else''s name . Arto I know all the posters and how they post I can almost tell you what they are going to say , only because I make a study of it , you could do the same if you thought before you post Arto .....arrdee. 

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now Arto , you are such a lovely old boy but you do get everything arse about face don''t you , I gave you the clue to Ralph''s user name with the dog on his avatar but off you go getting the wrong one . There were 4 posters using dogs on their avatars and of course Arto you go and name the wrong one , for goodness sake think before you post . Now don''t you think Arto that one of the 4 has dropped the dog from his avatar , now do you think this is significant ? Arto you are miles out with this "I beat Atlanta", lovely old boy no doubt but no way can he post under someone else''s name . Arto I know all the posters and how they post I can almost tell you what they are going to say , only because I make a study of it , you could do the same if you thought before you post Arto .....arrdee. 

[/quote]

Erm sorry Arrdee but i really can''t be arsed to ''Study'' peoples Avatars and if these so called city fans just come on here to ''Troll'' than it really sums up the state of things. As much as i like your posts RD, they tend to be rather pointless you lovely little sausage. [unless of course you''re reminiscing[:D]]