Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Some people need to take a long look at themselves

I haven''t read the vast majority of threads on this board this morning, judging by the titles they are mostly a load of old drivel from the usual suspects and a few kids who want to join the wind up band wagon - you can class this thread as useless if you want, quite frankly i don''t care. A lot of ''fans'' have to take a long look at themselves, Coventry was unlucky and by the sounds of things so was last night, its a cup, cup competitions are designed so lower league opposition can claim some glory and be giant killers, we lost to a very organised team in MK dons, a team that is quite capable at home and fairly decent away, a team which yes has a new manager but hasn''t needed much gelling, unlike ourselves. So we lost, by the sounds of things they had a single effort on goal all game and we again missed chances, that''s football - we''re trying to gel, trying to get into our groove. There were people last season saying they''d rather us lose playing good football rather than bad football, well by the looks of things we''ve managed to sort the good football problem out we just need to hit form and start winning, alot of posters don''t seem to understand anything about football or sport in general, its not that easy to just win win win, we don''t have millions of pounds to buy the players to do that and no i don''t care for a board debate.I guess all this amounts to is me wanting to pass on my disgust to the reaction from some people here, we''re out of a cup aptly nicknamed "the mickey mouse cup", personally i couldn''t care less, I''d much rather concentrate on the league and Saturday when we finally play at home, with a team that can play and 24,000 fans behind them instead of a library which we played against cov in or a bunch of lower league fans wanting a giant killing. We can score goals and will on Saturday against a team we are more than capable of beating, and then naturally alot of muppets will say we are promotion material... wake up and give them a chance.Incomprehensible rant over.

Good post,Polar.Looking at the threads today there''s obviously a lot of frustration,which is perfectly justified,but also a lot of slavish reiteration of well worn positions.I would like to think (but sadly doubt)  that everyone on here actually wants the club to do well,but the fact is that any sucess under the current board and/or manager will be damned with faint praise.

Opinion is one thing but the facts are that no formal offer was made to buy the club,and,as the £20m was dependent upon that,it too must be seen as a chimera.There is no prospect of new owners in the short term (and,as I have previously stated elsewhere on the forum,I have no strong feelings either for or against Delia or Cullum).Equally,to judge Roeder at this point is unfair in the extreme.He saved us last year and has assembled an interesting,but clearly unfinished squad this year.If ever the players and manager needed total supprt its now,so lets park the politic,posturing and point scoring and get behind them.

This micky mouse cup that you allude too, brought me some of my finest moments as a city supporter. Do you know what its like to go to Wembly after beating the scum in the semi-final? 

Do you not think you are in a minority when MOST of the posts are proposing a different view from your own. Does that not make you stop and think that perhaps things are not so good?  

So if we get turned over badly on Saturday will you swallow all this shit you just served up?

Micky mouse cup?  So you would not have gone to Wembley if we had got there then?  You dont think the cash from a cup run is important?  You dont think that a defeat against league on oppositon after a poor pre season and a losss in the league may have a negative effect on the team?

As has been said, Steve Claridge, a man who knows more than you or me about scrapping around outside the premier league says he thinks we will struggle this season.    So you disagree with him and think a team of loans, old men and league one players will gel and challenge do you?

[quote user="Polar"]I haven''t read the vast majority of threads on this board this morning, judging by the titles they are mostly a load of old drivel from the usual suspects and a few kids who want to join the wind up band wagon - you can class this thread as useless if you want, quite frankly i don''t care. A lot of ''fans'' have to take a long look at themselves, Coventry was unlucky and by the sounds of things so was last night, its a cup, cup competitions are designed so lower league opposition can claim some glory and be giant killers, we lost to a very organised team in MK dons, a team that is quite capable at home and fairly decent away, a team which yes has a new manager but hasn''t needed much gelling, unlike ourselves. So we lost, by the sounds of things they had a single effort on goal all game and we again missed chances, that''s football - we''re trying to gel, trying to get into our groove. There were people last season saying they''d rather us lose playing good football rather than bad football, well by the looks of things we''ve managed to sort the good football problem out we just need to hit form and start winning, alot of posters don''t seem to understand anything about football or sport in general, its not that easy to just win win win, we don''t have millions of pounds to buy the players to do that and no i don''t care for a board debate.

I guess all this amounts to is me wanting to pass on my disgust to the reaction from some people here, we''re out of a cup aptly nicknamed "the mickey mouse cup", personally i couldn''t care less, I''d much rather concentrate on the league and Saturday when we finally play at home, with a team that can play and 24,000 fans behind them instead of a library which we played against cov in or a bunch of lower league fans wanting a giant killing. We can score goals and will on Saturday against a team we are more than capable of beating, and then naturally alot of muppets will say we are promotion material... wake up and give them a chance.

Incomprehensible rant over.

[/quote]

polar I think you haven''t even read the titles of most of the threads posted today, as I was amazed at just how positive the posters on here seem to be.

Clearly the team have a lot of problems. but most posters on here seem to be ignoring them and marching on regardless.

I guess time will tell if they are right or wrong in that optimism.

Yes, we had most of the possession but let''s not kid ourselves - we were dire. We looked fragile at the back. OK so we have learned that Omozusi is no CB and Drury is clearly short of match fitness. However otsemebor was very disapponting to say the least. Midfield was generally OK but Croft, when he came on, offered nothing. Never have I seen a player who so consistently spot an empty space and pass to it. he doesn''t have the pace to get pass players and he has absolutely no end product. Worrying here is that Chadwick isn''t getting a game which suggests Roeder rates him even less than Croft. I just hope Mr bell provides the answers here. Up front Lupoi desperately needs a target man to play off. Koroma is a big, pacey lad with b*gger all experiece and is going to take a large part of the season to get up to speed for this division. Still good news for Pompey as we are picking up all the costs for giving him the experience that will benefit his club when he returns. Cureton, OMG what a panic buy he was. He just waits for things to happen so unless the defender falls over or goes walk-about he contributes zilch. It got so bad last night that we were passing sideways and back for a sustained period in the second half with noone willing to take a chance and shhot at goal. The fans were mocking it by going Ole with each pass as most of us had given up hope by this stage that we were going to see a positive approach on the MK goal.

I don''t expect anyone new in by Saurday or even before the window closes to be honest. Those of you who have this idea of us challenging for a play-off place obviously don''t watch the team too often.

Good post Polar [Y]

For all those spouting the rubbish about the league cup providing Norwich''s finest moments, yes I agree with you, it did. But that was in a whole different era. It was an era in which top flight clubs used only 13, 14 players in a season. Also as if to prove the League Cup, even when we won it wasn''t taken completely seriously, the last two times we reached the final; 1975 the only ''major'' English cup final contested by two teams outside the top tier. And most recently 1985 the year we won it last, it was the only year that both teams in a major English cup final were relegated. Perhaps people  would rather watch us reach the latter stages of the league cup and get relegated this year?

Astroydne - No i don''t, it was before my time and this cup is different to what it was then, now its a joke cup where the prem teams play youngsters all the time and the final ends up between some ambitious team who want all 4 trophy''s for historical purposes and one plucky prem team. All this cup and the FA cup (save last season) are about is surviving as long as you can until eventually you are knocked out and going out now means we can concentrate on the league. Not that i''m happy we''re out, but not overly bothered at the same time.JC - No i won''t my post is mainly in criticism of those who are completly over reacting. Yes all you say is important, which is why what i alluded to about fans needing to be behind the team is important. As for Steve Claridge - i don''t care personally, he''s in the media anything the media says should be taken with a pinch of salt, they are rarely ever correct (Liverpool were tipped to win the Premiership last season for example) Steve Claridge is payed for his opinion, thats one opinion, fair enough but his word isn''t law and there are many other media outlets saying we will do well - as i said, i don''t care for what he says or what the others say. Loans... teams have gone up on loans before, whose to say we can''t?

:o)

- Actually to be completly honest i just skimmed and scanned the titles, saw a few of the usual culprits and just some idiotic responses and thought - what the hell, why not? i was in the mood for a rant against the doom mongers
. That being said, this is a selection of threads recently posted... All of which (judging by titles) are negative.Give us a F***ing football team or F*** off.

Norwich''s glorious Cup record in recent years...
The best thing to do right now is panic...Dont spend, dont achieve. Its that simple.

MASS SUICIDE THIS SATURDAY

Something else the club has gotten wrong

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?

where will we come in league 1 next season?

Inspirational captain Fotheringham - you''re having a laugh

In Denial!

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!

why do we enter carling cup

oh dear oh dear the heat is on.

Whe''re no better than when Grant was in charge

Sack The Board?

A decent striker will keep us up...but that''s all!

When is enough enough

OUT OF THE CUP!!!

How soon can we fetch back the loan players?

Time for Roeder to move on

No more excuses please

Anyone notice the table?

CC - Fair enough if you were there.CN - No i didn''t i live in Plymouth and last night decided that i''d take advantage of the single advantage to living in this dump and went to watch the national fireworks display, very good and theres another display tonight... so correct i did not WATCH the game but i listened to the start of the commentary and have read Roeders comments after the game to base my opinion on rather than reading alot of the drivel on this board.Weareyellows, probably the most balanced post on  this board at the moment... fingers crossed.

Polar: ''Mass Suicide this Saturday'' should not be taken seriously. I''m not sure entirely everyone has realised that, which is a bit worrying!

Your post is spot on. It''s only a cup game. It''s only two games. People just need a stick to beat Delia with, and this is it. 

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

Polar: ''Mass Suicide this Saturday'' should not be taken seriously. I''m not sure entirely everyone has realised that, which is a bit worrying!

Your post is spot on. It''s only a cup game. It''s only two games. People just need a stick to beat Delia with, and this is it. 

[/quote]

Yes, anyone would think it`s the same old story of failure which has been going on for over three seasons or something.  Get a grip.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]I agree it shouldn''t be taken seriously, i haven''t even bothered looking at it so... you know. That said, i don''t think any of them should be taken seriously.

you,re wasting your time Polar my friend,there are a few people who post on this site that like to moan,I honestly believe that if we won the league by 50 points and took the prem by storm they would still be here posting utter crap.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I''ve just taken a long look at myself.

Damn - I''m pretty.

[/quote]

That was EXACTLY what i was going to post! haha

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]

Yes, anyone would think it`s the same old story of failure which has been going on for over three seasons or something.  Get a grip.

[/quote]

?

[quote user="Polar"]I haven''t read the vast majority of threads on this board this morning, judging by the titles they are mostly a load of old drivel from the usual suspects and a few kids who want to join the wind up band wagon - you can class this thread as useless if you want, quite frankly i don''t care. A lot of ''fans'' have to take a long look at themselves, Coventry was unlucky and by the sounds of things so was last night, its a cup, cup competitions are designed so lower league opposition can claim some glory and be giant killers, we lost to a very organised team in MK dons, a team that is quite capable at home and fairly decent away, a team which yes has a new manager but hasn''t needed much gelling, unlike ourselves. So we lost, by the sounds of things they had a single effort on goal all game and we again missed chances, that''s football - we''re trying to gel, trying to get into our groove. There were people last season saying they''d rather us lose playing good football rather than bad football, well by the looks of things we''ve managed to sort the good football problem out we just need to hit form and start winning, alot of posters don''t seem to understand anything about football or sport in general, its not that easy to just win win win, we don''t have millions of pounds to buy the players to do that and no i don''t care for a board debate.

I guess all this amounts to is me wanting to pass on my disgust to the reaction from some people here, we''re out of a cup aptly nicknamed "the mickey mouse cup", personally i couldn''t care less, I''d much rather concentrate on the league and Saturday when we finally play at home, with a team that can play and 24,000 fans behind them instead of a library which we played against cov in or a bunch of lower league fans wanting a giant killing. We can score goals and will on Saturday against a team we are more than capable of beating, and then naturally alot of muppets will say we are promotion material... wake up and give them a chance.

[/quote]

Defenders passing it back and forth ad infinutum until disposessed or kicking it into touch is not my idea of good football.

Too many safe back-passes which skew the possession stats favourably.

Too many people switching off their radios and wallowing in their loyalty without witnessing first-hand how dire we really were.

and that Mickey Mouse cup can be quite a money spinner if you progress and get to play bigger sides at home. Think of the revenue that can spent on bargain-basement drivel for the next transfer window.

[quote user="Polar"]

CN - No i didn''t i live in Plymouth and last night decided that i''d take advantage of the single advantage to living in this dump and went to watch the national fireworks display, very good and theres another display tonight... so correct i did not WATCH the game but i listened to the start of the commentary and have read Roeders comments after the game to base my opinion on rather than reading alot of the drivel on this board.

[/quote]

I based my comment on WATCHING the game. No need to understate Milton Keynes going through us at will in the first half. The defence improved in the second but our attack is woeful as it was this time last season.

we''re out of a cup aptly nicknamed "the mickey mouse cup", personally i couldn''t care less,

Are you a binner, Polar? That''s the sort of rubbish they routinely spout as we have won it (twice) and they haven''t. It''s one of the 3 major domestic trophies FFS. Did spurs and Chelsea look as if they couldn''t be arsed in the final last season?

I agree with you entirely Polar, some people have gone way over the top with their criticism of the team, which I do not agree with. I have said countless times that they need to gel, and get shot down by ridiculous posters who expect results straight away.

What I don''t like is the fact that we have still not signed a striker who will guarantee us goals up front, which is clearly what we need at the moment. I trust Glen to deliver, because I believe he has so far, but whether or not the board will back him with the right sort of money is another question for another day.

[/quote]

Sounds like another Jarrold Library member to me sit quiet arms folded mutter mutter, the Reality is Freedom of speach.We pay to watch football,a lot of fans have never seen good football at Carra Rud, are we not entitled to complain, if you buy something faulty from a shop do you not have the right to refund, I think it''s you who should take a look at yourself and perhaps stay at home on a Saturday, Most of us have Faith in GR, but the board would cock it up even if we had Fergison in charge, Get real we need the hard cash to get anywhere, I have been investing in Norwich City for more than 4O years season tickets and shirts and other merchandise. I have 6 grand children all season tichet holders we go to most away matches too, so I think I am entitled to voice an opinion

Pete, never said you can''t voice an opinion and couldn''t care less about your fan credentials 40 year season tickets blah blah blah, we''re all equal in opinion here, that means nothing. However i am allowed to disagree with your opinion, all this "OMG WE GNA LIEK GET WELEGWATED COS WE WOST TWO GAMES OF FOOTYBALL!!!!!!" rubbish is over the top at this stage of the season, people aren''t giving the team time to gel and expect roeder to turn us around instantly, we''ve fallen some distance and need time and my regret is i  HAVE to stay in on a saturday because i can''t get to Carrow road no matter how much i want too.Craftycanary, yes of course i''m a binner, dam how did you ever guess?  You know what sir you are a genius, a mind reader and i really think you should become something that would make good use of your brains and the science of deduction...like... hmm like working in Mcdonalds for example, must have taken a long time to work out that i actually waste time reading this board and replying here... wow! that makes me a binner, genius.Maybe just maybe i can accept that football teams sometimes lose and sometimes it takes awhile to repair something thats broken. We HAVE to give them time, if we get on their backs that won''t do anyone any good. and was their booing at the end last night? pathetic!

I don''t think its the fact we are out of the cup that bothers me, its just the fact we were so damn awful!! I mean literally it was like imagine the worst and then add a bit extra and that''s about as bad as it was last night. Surely last night should have been a chance to try and build up a bit of confidence after the disappointment of not getting anything out of Saturday? I''m not doom and gloom, I think it is way too early to say that this is how its going to be for the long haul but LAST NIGHTS performance was not good.

Good post Polar and a fair point.  2 games is not the time to kickoff for not winning.  There is probably some formula that someone too clever to be into football could work out when it is acceptable.  2 is too soon 10 too long but what about 4?

[quote user="JC"]

So if we get turned over badly on Saturday will you swallow all this shit you just served up?

Micky mouse cup?  So you would not have gone to Wembley if we had got there then?  You dont think the cash from a cup run is important?  You dont think that a defeat against league on oppositon after a poor pre season and a losss in the league may have a negative effect on the team?

As has been said, Steve Claridge, a man who knows more than you or me about scrapping around outside the premier league says he thinks we will struggle this season.    So you disagree with him and think a team of loans, old men and league one players will gel and challenge do you?

[quote user="Polar"]I haven''t read the vast majority of threads on this board this morning, judging by the titles they are mostly a load of old drivel from the usual suspects and a few kids who want to join the wind up band wagon - you can class this thread as useless if you want, quite frankly i don''t care. A lot of ''fans'' have to take a long look at themselves, Coventry was unlucky and by the sounds of things so was last night, its a cup, cup competitions are designed so lower league opposition can claim some glory and be giant killers, we lost to a very organised team in MK dons, a team that is quite capable at home and fairly decent away, a team which yes has a new manager but hasn''t needed much gelling, unlike ourselves. So we lost, by the sounds of things they had a single effort on goal all game and we again missed chances, that''s football - we''re trying to gel, trying to get into our groove. There were people last season saying they''d rather us lose playing good football rather than bad football, well by the looks of things we''ve managed to sort the good football problem out we just need to hit form and start winning, alot of posters don''t seem to understand anything about football or sport in general, its not that easy to just win win win, we don''t have millions of pounds to buy the players to do that and no i don''t care for a board debate.I guess all this amounts to is me wanting to pass on my disgust to the reaction from some people here, we''re out of a cup aptly nicknamed "the mickey mouse cup", personally i couldn''t care less, I''d much rather concentrate on the league and Saturday when we finally play at home, with a team that can play and 24,000 fans behind them instead of a library which we played against cov in or a bunch of lower league fans wanting a giant killing. We can score goals and will on Saturday against a team we are more than capable of beating, and then naturally alot of muppets will say we are promotion material... wake up and give them a chance.Incomprehensible rant over.[/quote]

[/quote]Steve Claridge an expert in anything! LMAO!

[quote user="Polar"]Coventry was unlucky and by the sounds of things so was last night[/quote]

Polar, we were in no way unlucky last night.  There were missed chances (2) but passing it round the back all day doesnt create chances.  I dont think fans would be so worried about the season if we fielded a weak team but despite Roeder''s comments that some players were carrying ''knocks'' we gave it everything we had in terms of team selection and we came up short - by a long way.

I hear what you are saying about the mickey mouse cup but we tried and we failed; if we play like we did last night in the league the best we can hope for is 0-0.