Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Ameobi to join Ipswich

[quote user="JC"]

I go to every home game with 6 other season ticket holders.   But I can say that whatever their views they all believe this club is poorly led, under invests on the pitch and has a fan base that would rather lick saucers of milk than demand success.  You are living proof of the pussy brigade.

[/quote]

You see we are just the "pussy brigade" - it is only really people like JC who know what is really going on. We should consider ourselves lucky to have them to instruct us.

Now remind me JC the masterplan is ....?

£1 million divided by 20,000 tickets is £50 each!

Even with concessions we must be looking at an average ticket price of at least £250 making an income of £5 million.

Im not instructing anyone.  I am arguing my point of view based on what I have seen, heard (from people in the club) and feel.  So remind me again what the point of you childish little post below was exactly?

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="JC"]

I go to every home game with 6 other season ticket holders.   But I can say that whatever their views they all believe this club is poorly led, under invests on the pitch and has a fan base that would rather lick saucers of milk than demand success.  You are living proof of the pussy brigade.

[/quote]

You see we are just the "pussy brigade" - it is only really people like JC who know what is really going on. We should consider ourselves lucky to have them to instruct us.

Now remind me JC the masterplan is ....?

[/quote]

Hmm. Looked around the other papers - both national and other and it seems the only other mention is in the times which suggests we are battling it out with Ipswich and that it is not just them.This would make sense as they are hardly likely to report that we are also in with a fight for him.This could also be agent manouvering. As for medicals, players can have them but it is by no means the end of the transfer. Johnson nearly didnt go to Fulham for example.Personally I think it would come down to these points:- The potential for the club he joins to play in the Premiership.- The people in charge of the team (remember he knows Glenn, Clarke and Patty).- The wages and deal on offer.- The support.- The fascilities/location.Now which of those are more important to him we wont know but I would think that only two of those points are better at the funny little place down the road - their current potential and the wages on offer. Other than that Norwich are better.I still believe that Magilton has been lucky so far. If they sell Haynes I can see the Ameobi deal being more likely. But then I doubt very much that it would be just for £2million. I think you would be looking at add-ons - promotion, goals, appearences, sell on and possibly a buy out clause involved on top of that.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Then she should have got out when she had the chance and Peter Cullum would have invested the money in the team , she decided not to which points to me that shes getting something out of it and if its not money then its publicity and staying in the public eye .She certainly does not have whats best for the club in mind.
[/quote]

Absolutely. Spot on.

[/quote]

and agreed here, time for the cook to pack her pots and pans and get OUT.

[/quote]

Its just one huge piss take of fans - flip out the trout.

Well he has not signed yet!! all Ipwich have done today is sign a defender whos 32 and a free agent.

The football writing have been wrong before!!!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

£1 million divided by 20,000 tickets is £50 each!

Even with concessions we must be looking at an average ticket price of at least £250 making an income of £5 million.

[/quote]

Oops! Someone had missed a nought out of the accounts report I read - it''s £7.7m a year on average, which really should be reflected in what we spend on the team. Unfortunately, it doesn''t look like we make a lot of money from anything else...

Let''s cool down on this whole story. There is no guarantee that Shola will end up there. Indeed this article from MFW would suggest that things have not progressed as far as medical, let alone agreeing terms:

“He is not having a medical but we have spoken to his agent,” said Magilton. “His agent has got in touch again and we''re in the process of talking.

“Newcastle are looking to offload the boy as he is in the last year of his contract and if he wants to come and talk to us then he is more than welcome.

“They have agreed that we can speak to him and I will leave that in the hands of the powers that be. If we got to a point where we could agree then I would like to look at the lad in the eye and have a chat myself.”

http://ipswichtown.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3925

If I were Ameobi, and Magilton looked me in the eye, I''d be on the first train back to Newcastle... this ain''t a done deal yet...

[quote user="Bassy"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Then she should have got out when she had the chance and Peter Cullum would have invested the money in the team , she decided not to which points to me that shes getting something out of it and if its not money then its publicity and staying in the public eye .She certainly does not have whats best for the club in mind.
[/quote]

Absolutely. Spot on.

[/quote]

and agreed here, time for the cook to pack her pots and pans and get OUT.

[/quote]

Its just one huge piss take of fans - flip out the trout.

[/quote]

Just been on Radio Norfolk, binners in for Ameobi and had medicle and is interested in move to Scumsville, If he does sign for them  it will at least reveal Delia''s True Colours,and then convince us all that our Board is full of Gutless Spoinless And lacks total Ambition Magilton rellishes him signing

I feel the protests coming on all ready

Whether we get him, you get him or he decides to sit tight on a big contract and go for free next summer when he can demand a higher siging on fee, nobody knows, but apart from the fact that both clubs are looking for a target man and both clubs have been linked with him, which makes the "will he won''t he" a hot topics, I personally think the jury is out as to whether or not he is worth the money given that based on past history he only manages 1/2 a season.

As for the list of positives and negatives, we can add in Charlie Woods and Bobby Robson to your Roeder and Clarke! You can spin these things any way you want...

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Just been on Radio Norfolk, binners in for Ameobi and had medicle and is interested in move to Scumsville, If he does sign for them  it will at least reveal Delia''s True Colours,and then convince us all that our Board is full of Gutless Spoinless And lacks total Ambition Magilton rellishes him signing

[/quote]

You must have heard a different report to the one I heard on Radio Norfolk at 5.30pm then as Jim said theres been no medical all they''ve done is ask his club if he is available and asked the fee which is £2m, said they were going to talk to agent to see if he was prepared to drop to Championship. Plus hes on £35k pw and Ipswich top player is I''m told Norris on about £12k - £15k so cant see Ameobi coming down that much can you and I cant see Ipswich breaking their salary cap and upsetting their other players.

I can seeing him sitting it out at Newcastle, picking up his wages for a year when he''ll then be a free agent.

A bit like us signing Stefanovich then except a bit younger....[quote user="Canary"]

Well he has not signed yet!! all Ipwich have done today is sign a defender whos 32 and a free agent.

The football writing have been wrong before!!!

[/quote]

[:O][quote user="Blue"]

Whether we get him, you get him or he decides to sit tight on a big contract and go for free next summer when he can demand a higher siging on fee, nobody knows, but apart from the fact that both clubs are looking for a target man and both clubs have been linked with him, which makes the "will he won''t he" a hot topics, I personally think the jury is out as to whether or not he is worth the money given that based on past history he only manages 1/2 a season.

As for the list of positives and negatives, we can add in Charlie Woods and Bobby Robson to your Roeder and Clarke! You can spin these things any way you want...

[/quote]

What the f is this all about? I thought Roeder was the loan king? If they get him on loan why couldn''t we??

West Bromwich Albion could still make a late bid for the striker, however Ipswich are in pole position and even if a permanent move is not quite to the player''s liking, Town are expected to sign Ameobi on a season-long loan deal with various incentives if he helps lead Ipswich to the Premier League in May.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]Well we don''t have the money, same as 95% of the Championship clubs. Just look at last years accounts.
[/quote]

In this weeks pinkun it was quoted that Coventry city achieved a record 6,500 season tickets sold this year. We have 20,000. They seem to have been able to afford Eastwood and Morrison, yet we don''t seem to be able to afford anyone. Why do you think that is?

I think if Shola does go to Ipswich it is probably just about time to get a bit cross...

[/quote]

Thats spot on for me. [Y]

[/quote]

The reason they can afford Eastwood and Morrison is their rich benefactor. We don''t even make £1m from season tickets in any year, so we can''t really claim we should be loaded on that front.

[/quote]

cool, where do we get one? wasn''t there a rumour that the 40th richest man in the country is a Norwich fan? Wasn''t there another ruomur that Auntie D has the best interests of the club at heart? should be no problem then.

Looks like the saga will now run for another week.Keegan has said in today''s press that Owen is out of the Man U game,so Ameobi isn''t going anywhere at present.Good news for the rumourmongers,so I''ll be expecting lots more sightings at Colney/Dunston/Asda next week!!!!

Told you so, GR just doesn''t have the money for him. 

Where are we going if we can''t even rival with the scum no more!

F*** DELIA

Couldnt you have added that to one of the other Ameobi threads?

[quote user="cityangel"]Couldnt you have added that to one of the other Ameobi threads?[/quote]

Snigger. That''s two in a row. You are the thread police.

Nee Naw Nee Naw.

You have the right to remain silent...

We cant afford him and never could so how about we all move on and talk about something else like the game tomorrow ??

Ameobi threads and strikers coming in threads are getting boring.

We will have Curo & Lupoli for next few weeks and thats it so lets get behind them and leave our anger for the board who are responsible for the lack of decent signings.

[quote user="cityangel"]

We cant afford him and never could so how about we all move on and talk about something else like the game tomorrow ??

We will have Curo & Lupoli for next few weeks and thats it so lets get behind them and leave our anger for the board who are responsible for the lack of decent signings.

[/quote]So what have we done with the 1 million we bid on Carroll then CA? We have spent bugger all this summer, it amazes me that Roeder has got the players he has spending peanuts! I can''t remember a summer like it, where we have spent so little money!  Its about time the Turners dug a bit deeper into their pockets or they should piss off and take Delia with them! If we are that hard up they should of took the 1 million wolves offered for Shackell!

And i''ll tell you what i am getting fed up with! Its listening to Roeder making up excuses why we have not signed a target man! We could of signed Pete Thompson but we get outbid by bloody Stockport! Roeder has had months to sort this out and all we here is he''s on the phone everyday! What a load of bollox! If the board are not giving him the funds he should come out and say and stand up against them!!!

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]So what have we done with the 1 million we bid on Carroll then CA? We have spent bugger all this summer, it amazes me that Roeder has got the players he has spending peanuts! I can''t remember a summer like it, where we have spent so little money!  Its about time the Turners dug a bit deeper into their pockets or they should piss off and take Delia with them! If we are that hard up they should of took the 1 million wolves offered for Shackell![/quote]

You of course would be happier spending big because of course that equates to quality and alerting other clubs of our (skant) resources.

Roeder has performed a minor miracle in the quality that he has assembled. The dross is by and large what he has inherited from previous incumbents.

If he has kept a sum back for the expensive sharp end, and if that sum isn''t big enough for Ameobi then C''est La Vie.

With his aquisitions thus far, I trust him to be able to bring someone in to do the *bigman* job adequately.

Some people on here are like spoilt kids (maybe they are, it is the summer hols)

He''s doing the best he can, with the resources he has at his disposal.

"Where''s the money gone?",...i dunno,..... on building the Jarrold Stand and servicing that debt ? -trying to establish off-field enterprise that will make us more self sufficient, and help stem the hemorrhaging of potential funds.

Grow up and get behind the TEAM you all purport to support.

Some see their role as consumers, FFS WE ARE FANS

-SUPPORTERS !

[quote user="colneycanary"]

So what have we done with the 1 million we bid on Carroll then CA? We have spent bugger all this summer, it amazes me that Roeder has got the players he has spending peanuts! I can''t remember a summer like it, where we have spent so little money!  Its about time the Turners dug a bit deeper into their pockets or they should piss off and take Delia with them! If we are that hard up they should of took the 1 million wolves offered for Shackell![/quote]

But did we bid £1m for Carroll or was that just another rumour? I agree re Turners can''t see why they bothered to join us tbh, how they and Delia can sit back and do nothing amazes me.

Lets just hope we have a good win tomorrow to cheer us all up.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

What about that young superstar who goes by the name Omar Koroma! He''s the one that has impressed me up front [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

What about that young superstar who goes by the name Omar Koroma! He''s the one that has impressed me up front [:O]

[/quote]

Haven''t seen him play so can''t comment although some of the fans who were at M Keynes said he was raw and needed another month.