Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Ameobi to join Ipswich

Roeder needs to get on the blower to Ameobi quick smart and beg him to join us instead. And I mean beg:

"Please join us instead, pretty please Shola, I will be your best friend and you will start every match even if your not scoring" type of begging.

I do get the feeling that if he does join them, we will bitterly regret him doing so.

They are welcome to him. I for one wont be upset but glad all this he is coming here stuff will be over and we can get on with looking for a striker who actually scores goals and not Roeders golden boy. Matty was one of Roeders golden boys, nuff said.

oh fvcking great, all summer long we been linked with him and he is what we need! so its bad enough for us to miss out on him! let alone rub our faces in it with him moving to scum! im livid with our board if this is the case! they should stumped up the cash MONTHS AGO!

I would be furious if this did happen, especially if the fee quoted is correct.  I think he will tear the championship to shreds, especially at a team like Ipswich who (it pains me to say this!!) play nice football.

Thatcher for them is also a good signing.

Heres hoping we dive in with a late bid.  Unlikely, I imagine our self imposed salary cap buts the kibosh on any move...

Would be gutted if he signed for them.

The only striker who I would rather see at Carrow Road is Ched Evans. (on a realistic ish level)

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

I would be furious if this did happen, especially if the fee quoted is correct.  I think he will tear the championship to shreds, especially at a team like Ipswich who (it pains me to say this!!) play nice football.

Heres hoping we dive in with a late bid.  Unlikely, I imagine our self imposed salary cap buts the kibosh on any move...

[/quote]

Like he did for StokeStick out tongue [:P]

I''m very annoyed & will only be slightly appeased if Rasiak joins us!!!

Just a thought... If we lose Saturday it''s gonna be a poisonous atmosphere but I think Ameobi joining the filth will make it that much worse!! A word of advise Delia... Duck!!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]He wasn''t fit when he went to stoke on loan!!!! How many more times do u need telling this???

He won''t sign for them but i have read today in the Times that it''s between Ip**it and us, But it has been for about 42 years it seems like!!!!.

You know that our new striker will not be here for Blackpool on saturday and again it''s down to lack of commitment by the board AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn''t the current situation on Ameobi that Keegan had him in his plans

for the opening game, since Owen and Martins are injured? Have either

of them recovered? Can''t see Keegan going into a game without at least

6 fit strikers in the team, you know what he''s like....

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]

He won''t sign for them but i have read today in the Times that it''s between Ip**it and us, But it has been for about 42 years it seems like!!!!.

You know that our new striker will not be here for Blackpool on saturday and again it''s down to lack of commitment by the board AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]Ermmm he having a medical!! So you still think he won''t sign for them do you??

Yes but one that our manager wanted and would have paid 2 million for.  Evidently we offered around 1.5 million and have yet again been priced out.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Yes one that realises that he not worth the value put on him.[/quote]

I can''t imagine Roeder will be to happy about this either, it''s obvious he wants Ameobi but as usual our tight fisted board won''t provide the funds. Until he signs for them I won''t give up hope, if it is true that that he would like to play for Roeder again we could still hijack the deal.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Wasn''t the current situation on Ameobi that Keegan had him in his plans

for the opening game, since Owen and Martins are injured? Have either

of them recovered? Can''t see Keegan going into a game without at least

6 fit strikers in the team, you know what he''s like....[/quote]Martins played last week in a friendly.   Not sure about ''sicknote'' Owen.

Spot on.  They get in the likes of Thatcher, Campo and Ameobi.  We get **** all.

Is it finally beginning to dawn on people how far this club has slipped and how much we need fresh blood at the top.  It is giong to be a long, bloody season.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]He wasn''t fit when he went to stoke on loan!!!! How many more times do u need telling this???[/quote]

He''s never fit,that''s part of the problem! The other is that he''s not half the player some people on this board have built him up to be.

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="chocolate nutter"]

[/quote]Ermmm he having a medical!! So you still think he won''t sign for them do you??[/quote]

According to a Fan site !!!!!!!!!!!!!

How often have we been about to sign him "according to a fan site" and then we didn''t??????

Once i see him holding a Blue shirt standing on their council ground then i will believe it!!!

Why is it that any article linking us with a player is dismissed as

rumour and heresay until such time as its made official, but this

Ipsh*t story has been taken as fact straight away?

[quote user="chocolate nutter"][quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="chocolate nutter"]

[/quote]Ermmm he having a medical!! So you still think he won''t sign for them do you??[/quote]

According to a Fan site !!!!!!!!!!!!!

How often have we been about to sign him "according to a fan site" and then we didn''t??????

Once i see him holding a Blue shirt standing on their council ground then i will believe it!!!

[/quote]According to about a dozen web sites!!!!