Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

striker medical tomorrow :(

i have nothing against bishop coming here but hopefully not as our main striker i belive we need better quality than him if we want to be successful this season but he does seem to have a good scoring record and providing the moneys right go for it if true.

[quote user="NCFC Sinky"]he''d e ok but he isn''t a target man he''s 6ft so is koroma we need some 6 ft 2 or 3 don''t we[/quote]

We need someone who will take his chances, not a target man. Bishop would do that.

[quote user="C.T"]

I hate the witch (with a b)[;)] she has RUINED our football club and I want her OUT

[/quote]

Bloody hell C.T, you''ve changed. LOL! [:D]

id lik to see Bishop here.. scoed twice against us last season.. both neatly taken....I really hope theres some truth in the rumour!

jas :)

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]Don''t bash the Bishop - you know it makes sense. He sounds ok to me. 34 goals for York, and the same number at Bury.[/quote]

There is no doubt that he is quite a good player, particularly by League Two standards, but you also have to bear in mind that he comes up against defenders which are nowhere near the standard of the Championship (in general).

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

id lik to see Bishop here.. scoed twice against us last season.. both neatly taken....I really hope theres some truth in the rumour!

jas :)

[/quote]Not really difficult though, is it ?

Exactly Cam, and that is why I also don''t know why people are ''excited'' about the prospect. I personally think he might be worth a punt for say £100k, but I also think if we signed him he would be rubbish.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]Don''t bash the Bishop - you know it makes sense. He sounds ok to me. 34 goals for York, and the same number at Bury.[/quote]

There is no doubt that he is quite a good player, particularly by League Two standards, but you also have to bear in mind that he comes up against defenders which are nowhere near the standard of the Championship (in general).

[/quote]Camul, have you heard any more about Iversen?Or are you still a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma?

The Bishop arriving here would be a good thing. A hungry striker with ambition, instead of a washed up wannabe or pre maddona premiership type! Sounds like just what we need to me.

Get him in!

hope if this happens it means there is still money for another forward,doubt it but we can only hope

Is funny, this time 2 weeks ago we would have all turned our noses up at such a signing. A perfect example of what desperation does to a fan. Still think he would be a quality signing though and I hope we get him. The board will be loving this. [:@]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]Is funny, this time 2 weeks ago we would have all turned our noses up at such a signing. A perfect example of what desperation does to a fan. Still think he would be a quality signing though and I hope we get him. The board will be loving this. [:@][/quote]

What a crock o ****!

Anyone on here with any sense would have liked to see him here. Young striker with ambition, even if we dont land the supposed BIG FISH then he still will be a great asset.

As for desperation.....after 2 games!......you really ought to take up comedy full time!

[quote user="Tony DaWonderful"]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]Is funny, this time 2 weeks ago we would have all turned our noses up at such a signing. A perfect example of what desperation does to a fan. Still think he would be a quality signing though and I hope we get him. The board will be loving this. [:@][/quote]

What a crock o ****!

Anyone on here with any sense would have liked to see him here. Young striker with ambition, even if we dont land the supposed BIG FISH then he still will be a great asset.

As for desperation.....after 2 games!......you really ought to take up comedy full time!

[/quote]

My point was this - I think people have started to realise that the chances of us signing an ambitious striker are growing slimmer by the day. This is why Bishop is summoning so much posativity right now. This time two weeks ago most fans wanted, no sorry, expected or even demanded, a proven goal scorer with bags of experience and a physical presence. Due to the urgency of the situation we have clearly lowered our expectations.  Obviously the board will like this because they wouldnt have to spend alot of money and the fans would be kept relatively happy. If you cant see that then you are a fool.

And I am probably Bishops biggest fan so I am more than aware he would be a great asset.

Oh yeah, if you dont think the fact we dont appear to have any real fire power in the team isnt a desperate situation, you are clearly an idiot [:|]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Tony DaWonderful"]

What a crock o ****!

[/quote]

My point was this - I think people have started to realise that the chances of us signing an ambitious striker are growing slimmer by the day. This is why Bishop is summoning so much posativity right now. This time two weeks ago most fans wanted, no sorry, expected or even demanded, a proven goal scorer with bags of experience and a physical presence. Due to the urgency of the situation we have clearly lowered our expectations.  Obviously the board will like this because they wouldnt have to spend alot of money and the fans would be kept relatively happy. If you cant see that then you are a fool.

And I am probably Bishops biggest fan so I am more than aware he would be a great asset.

Oh yeah, if you dont think the fact we dont appear to have any real fire power in the team isnt a desperate situation, you are clearly an idiot [:|]

[/quote]

I am afraid you epitomise the typical poster on here. "Ooo because we have not score for two matches our strikers really are rubbish and the board are poo"...Yawn.

No proper thought process of how we in both games created more chances and out played the oppositon. Just the time old tradition of lessers that is a knee jerk reaction "Board out and new forwards needed". 

Can I draw your attention to Sunderland of 2 years ago, did they not lose thier first 5 games (or very similar) of the season to come back and win the title?! Just exersice a little patience and apply some thought before posting such dross. If after 5 matches we have not scored or won any games you have good cause to throw your toys out of the pram. The boys will do the business just wait and see.

As for your board comments, would you pay over the odds for a player without the guarantee of goal return? One can only assume Mr Roeder has some dealings into how much a player is worth and whether he is willing to match that asking price.

I am pleased to think you too rate Mr Bishop and hope he does arrive, however with your track record of betting against the team maybe he wont.

P.S Hope you noticed how to refrain from childish name calling 

I can only go on what I saw in the two cup games last season and in those games he was a real pain in the backside for our defence. He looked strong and quick and took his goals well and to be honest is just the type of player I would hope we are sniffing around as buying hungry players from the lower divisions is something we need to get back to. Provided the fee is not too big I would be happy with Bishop signing.

HOWEVER I will not necessarily be happy if we sign Bishop and then that is it and I would hope this is in addition to our continued pursuit of Iversen (or someone like Rasiak) and not instead of. I also feel a bit for the guy if he does not get off to a good start as there will inevitably be comparisons with the sc*m down the road if they sign Ameobi at the same time and he will be held up as a further example of tight fistedness.

But when Andy played against Chesterfield last season he was completely taken out of the game by the Man Monster Kovacs (now with Lincoln City) and was fairly anonymous.

Chesterfield 3-Bury 1

Bury 0-Chesterfield 1

LeagueTwoRUs

[quote user="Tony DaWonderful"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Tony DaWonderful"]

What a crock o ****!

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am afraid you epitomise the typical poster on here. "Ooo because we have not score for two matches our strikers really are rubbish and the board are poo"...Yawn.

No proper thought process of how we in both games created more chances and out played the oppositon. Just the time old tradition of lessers that is a knee jerk reaction "Board out and new forwards needed". 

Can I draw your attention to Sunderland of 2 years ago, did they not lose thier first 5 games (or very similar) of the season to come back and win the title?! Just exersice a little patience and apply some thought before posting such dross. If after 5 matches we have not scored or won any games you have good cause to throw your toys out of the pram. The boys will do the business just wait and see.

As for your board comments, would you pay over the odds for a player without the guarantee of goal return? One can only assume Mr Roeder has some dealings into how much a player is worth and whether he is willing to match that asking price.

I am pleased to think you too rate Mr Bishop and hope he does arrive, however with your track record of betting against the team maybe he wont.

[/quote]

If you think me reffering to you as a fool and an idiot is childish name calling you have alot to learn mate.

You can draw my attention to Sunderland as much as you like mate but I honestly dont see how it is in any way similar to Norwich''s current situation. Norwich dont have the quality to challenge in this league. Sunderland at that time did.

The fact is you prefer to ignore the fact we are''nt scoring goals with the blind belief it will all come good. You''re one of those eternal optimist who believes next week things will change. Ive been waiting three years for things to change for the better, for the boys to do the business. And week by week things only get worse. And you dont blame the board? Let me ask you. Whos fault is it exactly? Whose responsable for the fact we have spent only £1m on half a squad? Is it your fault? Because it certainly isnt mine? Who''s fault is it?

Also you have totally misinterpreted my posts. I was merely highlighting the fact that certain fans views had changed and you spoke to me like I had shot your dog. It was way out of line.

And as for my bet. I bet you''ve bet on Norwich losing in the past, as have most people on here. You are probably one of those dumwits who would pass up the chance to become a millionaire if it meant you betting against your team? Please tell me you are so I can have a laugh.

There is something so disgusting as to be kinky at the thought of licking Delia''s...oh my god stop![quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]You all deserve Delia Smith your a match made in heaven especially you Badger , no ambition whatsoever but would lick Delias arse at the drop of a hat .[/quote]

Charming! This presumably is the stimulating interchange of ideas that another poster referred to!

In hope rather than expectation, can I ask what you personally will be doing to improve the situation? You have lots of ambition - so what''s your plan - or is it just hot air and abuse?

[/quote]

And what divisions are those mighty clubs in?  bashing them in for league one and two is totally different.[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]Don''t bash the Bishop - you know it makes sense. He sounds ok to me. 34 goals for York, and the same number at Bury.[/quote]

Epitmose the typical poster.  You sound so poetical.   None of our current strikers apart from Cureton who needs service has proved anything.  Surely a thought process would establish that we created chances but did not put them away because we dont have a talisman who is leading the way in scoring and creating that confidence to shoot.Mr Bishop is proven only in lower league football.  There has been no clamour for him, but suddenly his name pops up as our real targets disappear.  How convenient.  Our target all along or a desperate attempt to get SOMEONE in to appease the fans and try to kick start a season?I have no hesitation in childish name calling if the poster happens to be posting unadulterated s***.Idiot.

(And what really annoys me is the fact that Archant has known for a year that this forum suffers from a huge ''non matching block post thing'' but has done bugger all about it.  What is wrong with spending £100 on going over to vbulletin for gods sake??????????  What with this and the 1995 bulletin board that isWOTB, I am tempted to ressurect my old canaries fan site just to stick a decent forum on the net for Canary fans.  GRR!

Would that be the Sunderland who lost five games, then suddenly found the money for Roy Keane and a ton of signings?

Is funny, this time 2 weeks ago we would have all turned our noses up at such a signing. A perfect example of what desperation does to a fan. Still think he would be a quality signing though and I hope we get him. The board will be loving this.]

What a crock o ****!

What a great post. Spot on.  I personally would just shoot his dog.[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Tony DaWonderful"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Tony DaWonderful"]

What a crock o ****!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you think me reffering to you as a fool and an idiot is childish name calling you have alot to learn mate.

You can draw my attention to Sunderland as much as you like mate but I honestly dont see how it is in any way similar to Norwich''s current situation. Norwich dont have the quality to challenge in this league. Sunderland at that time did.

The fact is you prefer to ignore the fact we are''nt scoring goals with the blind belief it will all come good. You''re one of those eternal optimist who believes next week things will change. Ive been waiting three years for things to change for the better, for the boys to do the business. And week by week things only get worse. And you dont blame the board? Let me ask you. Whos fault is it exactly? Whose responsable for the fact we have spent only £1m on half a squad? Is it your fault? Because it certainly isnt mine? Who''s fault is it?

Also you have totally misinterpreted my posts. I was merely highlighting the fact that certain fans views had changed and you spoke to me like I had shot your dog. It was way out of line.

And as for my bet. I bet you''ve bet on Norwich losing in the past, as have most people on here. You are probably one of those dumwits who would pass up the chance to become a millionaire if it meant you betting against your team? Please tell me you are so I can have a laugh.

[/quote]

We bought Iwan for 90k (about 2 million in todays money).. This guy would be about 200k.  You get what you pay for so Im afraid you comparison is really not valid.[quote user="south east canary"]If it does happen, give the lad a chance remember how long Iwan took to get used to the way we played?[/quote]

900k sorry. [quote user="JC"]We bought Iwan for 90k (about 2 million in todays money).. This guy would be about 200k.  You get what you pay for so Im afraid you comparison is really not valid.[quote user="south east canary"]If it does happen, give the lad a chance remember how long Iwan took to get used to the way we played?[/quote][/quote]

No positivity about Bishop here. If our most important signing turns out to be a £200,000 player who has never left the lower leagues then I will be pretty pi***d off. Time to splash some cash and at least bring some hope to us long-suffering fans.

[quote user="Tony DaWonderful"]

[/quote]

Good luck - if they don''t you will be the first!