Sign in to follow this  
fetchyafathersgun

striker medical tomorrow :(

Well that is a very odd name to pluck from thin air to make up a thread about.  If its true I will cry.

[quote user="fetchyafathersgun"]

Andy Bishop due for a medical tomorrow

85% sure , not really that impressed

Judge my word tomorrow afternoon

[/quote]

Why would you be impressed?  He scored in lower leagues yes, but he''s hardly what we were expecting?

[quote user="C.T "]

If you mean Andy Bishop of Bury then I would be very very impressed!

Lets hope that you''re right[:)] *crosses fingers*

[/quote]

He''s a quality striker who made his name at York City before heading

off to Bury a few years ago where he''s performed equally well... as

I''ve said elsewhere, maybe worth taking a punt but not for too much

cash and only as back-up... I''ve seen him play a good number of times

at York and he is good...

Har goo..........Andrew Jamie "Andy" Bishop (born October 19, 1982 in Stone, England) is an English footballer, currently playing for Bury in League Two, playing the position of striker.

Football career

[edit] Walsall

Bishop started his career at Walsall in August 2002.[1] He joined Kidderminster Harriers on a month''s loan in November 2002.[2] Kidderminster extended this loan in December 2002.[3] He joined Kidderminster for a second spell, joining on loan at the start of the 2003–04 season.[4] His loan at Kidderminster was extended for a second month in September 2003.[4]

He was signed by Rochdale on a month''s loan in November 2003.[5] This loan was extended for a second month in December 2003.[6] He returned to Walsall in January 2004, after Rochdale opted not to extend his loan.[7]

He joined Yeovil Town on a month''s loan in February 2004.[1] Yeovil decided not to sign Bishop on a permament deal, because of niggling injury problems.[8]

York City

Bishop was signed by York City in July 2004, after rejecting a new deal at Walsall.[9] He was named the Conference National player of the month for February 2006.[10] He scored 23 goals for York in the Conference National during the 2005–06 season, which made him the leagues top scorer.[11]

Bury

Andy Bishop in Bury colours

Andy Bishop in Bury colours

Bishop scoring a penalty in a 2–1 victory over Bradford City.

Bishop scoring a penalty in a 2–1 victory over Bradford City.

Bishop was signed by Bury on a free transfer on 8 May 2006, signing a two-year deal from York.[12] He marked his first season back in the Football League by scoring 21 goals in all competitions,[13] becoming the first Bury player to score 20 or more goals in a season for 13 seasons.[14] He signed a new deal with Bury, which would expire in June 2010, in September 2007.[15] He could have been a transfer target for Crewe Alexandra the January 2008 transfer window.[16]

Judged on what you''ve seen what are his attributes please Monkey? Height, build, pace, touch, heading ability etc etc

[quote user="ruddster"]Judged on what you''ve seen what are his attributes please Monkey? Height, build, pace, touch, heading ability etc etc[/quote]Additional...

Full nameAndrew Jamie Bishop
Date of birthOctober 19, 1982 (1982-10-19) (age 25)
Place of birth   Stone, England
Height6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
Playing positionStriker

[quote user="JC"]Why would you be impressed?  He scored in lower leagues yes, but he''s hardly what we were expecting?

[quote user="C.T "]

[/quote][/quote]

What/who were you expecting? (That''s an honest question, not a jibe!)

Let''s be honest - there aren''t many big men we would actually choose, are there? None really spring to mind...

it also fits the "he had a good weekend with his club" quote from roeder earlier in the week. I hope this comes off. He will score more than Ameobi im sure

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Next best option after Iversen is my guess.  Might still leave something in the pot for Ameobi possibly ?  or am I dreaming ?[/quote]

You''re dreaming. Ameobi probably wasn''t come here ever.

[/quote]

Correct.

[quote user="Beaker"]it also fits the "he had a good weekend with his club" quote from roeder earlier in the week. I hope this comes off. He will score more than Ameobi im sure[/quote]

This is not a dig, but how do you come to this conclusion???

I actually hadn''t realised he scored at the weekend, the thing is if that is true and he has been the main target, we were all kidding ourselves with ameobi, iverson etc and we really had set our sights low..

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Ah, 4 replies.  I''m getting better at this trolling lark...[/quote]

What is trolling?

[quote user="ruddster"]Who? Seriously who is he, never heard of him[/quote]

Scored against us twice last year in the cup games,,,and looked a bit of a handful,,,quite mobile.............worth a chance I would say, especially as it does not look like we will be getting anyone else !

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

[quote user="Beaker"]it also fits the "he had a good weekend with his club" quote from roeder earlier in the week. I hope this comes off. He will score more than Ameobi im sure[/quote]

This is not a dig, but how do you come to this conclusion???

[/quote]

Ameobi will get injured.

As a fanbase in a club with 25,000 people a week, spending just  31% of its turnover on wages, who has only spent half of what has been made on player sales in past 4 years; and as a club who NEEDS a big name - a talisman to lift everyone - this is not what I was expecting.[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="JC"]Why would you be impressed?  He scored in lower leagues yes, but he''s hardly what we were expecting?

[quote user="C.T "]

[/quote][/quote]

What/who were you expecting? (That''s an honest question, not a jibe!)

Let''s be honest - there aren''t many big men we would actually choose, are there? None really spring to mind...

[/quote]