Sign in to follow this  
Pincer

Hucks to solve England's left sided problem?

I know some people will read this and think "Leave it out Pincer" but he''s now tormented the defences of 3 of the 5 so called top Premier League teams, and I believe if he carries on throughout the season the same way he''s started it, Mr Eriksson may just take him into consideration. I mean let''s face it we have not got a regular England player who’s effective or even comfortable playing out on the left so i''d love to see Hucks given a chance just to show what he can do.

Is this feasible or am I just talking with my Norwich head on??????

i think it''s worth exploring for a friendly or something.

but then again, sven is acting pretty conservatively when it comes to picking his team. the fact that he doesn''t have gareth barry in there to help with the left side of midfield makes no sense to me.

great idea i think he would fit in really well, i would love to see hux in an england shirt.
Am i right in thinking he has played for england before, but with the way things went at previous clubs he was overlooked, he is class he has proved it so far this season & hopefully will carry on for the rest of the season.

maybe 1st wizard can wave his wand & help make this happen for hux

It is your norwich hat.

England need a midfielder who can play on the left and work the full length of the flank, including defensive duties. Hux is a striker who works his best magic down the left channel and cutting in onto his right foot

OTBC

Huckerby''s middle name is lazy and he is not going to track back if he is given a left midfield berth is he?

I think he is a great player but I doubt he even gets up to double figues when it comes to heading a ball in a season ?

oyster, he isnt lazy.

Its the way he plays. Huckerby takes his time to get back and defenders might forget about him giving him a chance to run across the line and be through on goal.
Besides he can always change.........

....... Olster....... your talking out of your nether regions !! ........... to call Hux lazy is the height of ignorance ......... stupid even ! ... if there`s one player in Britain that deserves recognition for battling through ,despite the likes of you , its Huckerby !! , don`t believe you support Norwich !!!!!!!!

Huckerby might not be the answer - but what about Bentley? He''s made a reasonable start to the season in that position, and if he continues to pick up form, I don''t see why he shouldn''t be given a go. Sven isn''t afraid to play young players if they''re good enough...

nycanary - I made that exact point about a week or so ago. I know the Villa fans have mixed feelings about Barry''s consistency and pace - but he is a naturally left sided player who can tackle, pass and cross well. To my mind he would give England better balance than using non-lefties. Barry also gets a fair number of goals and assists. The one problem- he doesn''t play for ManUre, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool.

i don''t think huckerby can compete with the likes of joe cole and wayne bridge. lets face it, huckerby is a great player for us but would struggle to get into all of the top teams in the prem, and some of the average sides aswell. he''s not good enough for the international stage.

and he''s also getting on a bit now. if it were to happen it would have been a few years back when he was with coventry. i think we just have to be realistic here guys.

Ok ok maybe that is a bit harsh saying he is lazy but on sat against Arsenal there were times when henry was chasing back and sitting in midfield when we had the ball etc

I am not saying he should change his game but it would be nice to see him chase back sometimes if we/he lose the ball

thats henry olster1...arguably the best player in the world...our hucks is quite far off the pace when it comes to that level.

Hucks won''t play for England.

The reason he''s so good for us is because he is given freedom of the park. He practically pulls all the strings himself.

The reason he was so successful at Lincoln and Coventry was because he was given the same freedom.

Man City, Newcastle and Leeds, however didn''t offer him this free-roam style of play and niether would England.