Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Three Goals !!!

I personally have three REALISTIC goals I would like to see City achieve this year...

1.  Finish in the top half of the table

2.  Finish with a positive goal difference

3.  Finish above the Scumbags

What would be yours???

I''d go with those USA Canary. In fact I''d be very happy if we managed that. For me reversing the downward trend and getting ourselves in a position to realistically look to the premiership the season after would be a hell of an achievement.

I''d maybe add a reasonable run in one of the cups and a rise in the entertainment value as well.

[quote user="USA Canary"]

I personally have three REALISTIC goals I would like to see City achieve this year...

What would be yours???

[/quote]

I''m happy with all of those,but would add getting the short passing game going on a regular basis and playing exciting football.

I''d swap 2 for having a settled side which can be kept together for a couple of seasons to give the stability needed for a proper promotion push. Sadly with the number of loanees we have I think this is unrealistic, but I think the benefits of a settled side are underestimated.

What would be yours???

[/quote]

Why not just have one goal?

Finish top, and then all the other goals will be achieved also!

Just 2 goals for me this season - avoid relegation and beat the binners twice - a bonus third would be to finish in a play-off/promotion place.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

finish between 13th and 16th and not be in the relegartion fight will do me

jas :)

[/quote]

so 12th is no good then. you wouldn''t be happy with that [;)]

...the main point being to determine what is realistically achievable for us considering what we went through last season and giving a whole new squad a little time to gel.

I''d swap 2 for having a settled side which can be kept together for a couple of seasons - tumbleweed

Incredibly salient point, tumbleweed.  Finishing mid-table or anywhere below 6th won''t help us next year when all those loanees leave after proving themselves here.  If we''re in the playoffs, we have a shot for promotion, and if we''re top 2, promortion is guarenteed, and whether or not the loanees stay with us become far less important because we will have plenty of jack to bring in new players. How will the board spin not bringing in anyone worth very much under those circumstances, I wonder.

1 Good football2 Top half/play off challenge3 finish above scum4 finish above green scum (plymouth)5 do double over scum6 do double over green scum.

What would be yours???

[/quote]

(Ready for the scorn) I think that we have a chance of the playoffs once we settle down and think that this should be our target.

And how about a target of a season without a "somebody out campaign."

Just going through some of my old posts and stumbled across this one that I posted this two years ago and they didn''t come off of course.  But, I think this year these would be realistic goals.  What do you all think?

What would be yours???

[/quote]

Agree with all those. Obviously the first objective is the most important. But I would love to double the binners. The memory of that last away game there when were on our way down hasn''t left me yet.

What would be yours???

[/quote]I can`t argue with that, though for some people just beating the scum is the be all and end all

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I''d swap 2 for having a settled side which can be kept together for a couple of seasons to give the stability needed for a proper promotion push. Sadly with the number of loanees we have I think this is unrealistic, but I think the benefits of a settled side are underestimated.[/quote]This guy/girl was something of a soothsayer... I''d like to hear Tumbleweed''s prediction for THIS season...