Sign in to follow this  
Breifne Earley

Efan Ekoku

Just a bit of a blast from the past, I''m an Irish Norwich City, who also follows the fortunes of Dublin City FC in the Irish Premier Division. We have just signed Efan Ekoku on a short term contract until the end of the season, I remember when Ekoku was with the canaries back in the good european days, but just wondering what peoples feelings are about his chances of helping to keep Dublin in the top flight (10 points adrift at the bottom with twelve games to go.)

www.dublincityfc.net

efan, as im young i dontknow much about him.......

......but hes often talked about. He might not exactly be the one to save dublin because its a team effort, but im sure youve made a good signing.

Im not sure but I think he must be really quite old by now, mid to late thirties maybe. Apart from that one game at Everton when he scored four away from home which is no mean feat, he was fairly average. I''d compare him to Zema - lots of pace but inconsistent. Wish him well though. He always gave 100%.

Blimey! That is a blast from the past. Liked him when he played for us and will never forget that goal against Vitesse Arnham. I do remember going to Sheff Wed a few years ago and he did the biggest dive and got a penalty for them, which he duely converted! Went down a bit in my estimation after that!!

Keep the faith

Got a song for you though:

ONE ''F'' IN EFAN
THERES ONLY ONE ''F'' IN EFAN........................

Efan''s greatest advantage was his pace, but I''d guess that it is unrealistic to expect him to still have this going for him at his present age. He was best when playing off another striker and playing alongside Chris Sutton and with many other quality players in a strong city side may have made him look better than he actually was. Still, we''d all like to see him do well for you and extend his playing career for as long as he can. Wasn''t he a clan "chief" as well?