Sign in to follow this  
roland rat

Chris Martin Off

If so, maybe it will give him the kick up the arse that he needs. He needs to buck his ideas up if he is going to become a first team regular here.

good needs to play every week for a year, will be a better player for it,if true have a good season chris and come back and kick arse

Good idea if you ask me, get him away from the area and concentrating on what he has the potential to do, i.e be a decent footballer.  If he goes to Luton, I think he would have to mind his P''s and Q''s, very different place to Beccles!

Such a shame, he needs this, this is the chance to get back into some rythym and fitness, he has the potential, just needs some TLC too. Good luck and lets hope this sorts himout.

IF this is true then I think it will do him good, to be fair after the trouble he has had and been in this past year and a bit, it will do him the world of good to move away from the area he lives in and away from influences.

He has to understand that just because he has a professional contract it doesn''t mean he has the devine right to behave more like a hooligan than a footballer.  He has to grow up and fast, and this move IF true will hopefully help him.

I think one incident which was has not even given him a criminal record hardly makes him a hooligan hey? I think anybody who has to live in a small town and is slightly famous is always going to get some stick, like you said he needs to mature and tough lower leagues where players earn less and the grounds they go too, will hopefully make him take notice

He clearly has the talent to play at or near the highest level and I was gutted (for City first and foremost) when he appeared to be going off the rails somewhat. I still think he might have been worth a punt here this season, but Roeder obviously has other plans up front.If Luton manage the seemingly impossible and stay up and Chris Martin gets his fair share of goals, he''ll become part of British football folklore.(they start the season on -30 points in case anyone wasn''t aware)I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he comes back in 12 months a better player and ready to fight for his place here.All assuming he goes to Luton - not seen anything official but it would make sense given we did a bit of business with them recently.

Doesnt Roeder keep stating his preference for 4 strikers this season? Not sure specifically but I remember reading something along the lines of him wanting another to go with Curo, OJ and Lupoli... and never including Martin in it. So I would think we have our mythical 4th striker all lined up if this news is indeed true.

It is going to be really weird in League 2 this season - Luton with minus 30, between 10-20 for Rotherham due to be announced this week, similar for Bournemouth.  I know it''s not nice for the fans but there are a lot of Managers in that League thinking: "Phew, that gives us a chance then..........."

burst onto the scene in dramatic scene, but equally just as an adolescent zit- burst!!!the boy has great talent, but by god needs to work to realise it...this loan to the rough and tumble of league 1 is just what young martin needs - hope the boy gets his act well and truly sorted out and retruns in triumph><@

Getting away from the area will be good for Martin. Luton may come as something of a culture shock but that should do him good! As should playing under ''hard as ****'' Mick Harford, I don''t think that guy takes any cr @ p whatsoever!

Best of luck to him though, would love to see him come back here and make it.  

Hes a quality player but lacks pace if im honest.Anyway, i doubt he would thrive at Luton and get the goals he needs to gain confidence and improve infront of goal.  Id like to see him pushed out on loan to learn but Luton are going to have a hard season and i just dont think its the right place for him to be at the moment.Although i guess getting him away from his mates for a while may improve his attitude which is one of his biggest problems.

[quote user="Stone"]

Getting away from the area will be good for Martin. Luton may come as something of a culture shock but that should do him good! As should playing under ''hard as ****'' Mick Harford, I don''t think that guy takes any cr @ p whatsoever!

[/quote]

Totally agree [Y]

[quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

I know Mick Harford quite well and, no, he won''t take any cr@p and he won''t take any off field shennanigans either.

Seeing how the "other half" has to live may just be the makings of him.  It will be a culture shock!

Nothing like living in Luton for a while to bring you back down to earth with a f**king great thump.Chris! If you are listening in...! There was one rule in Luton I always lived to; Don''t wait till you are round the corner... just RUN!I only got my head kicked in once in the 5 years I lived there, which I personally believe is impressive.

[quote user="ob1"]Nothing like living in Luton for a while to bring you back down to earth with a f**king great thump.Chris! If you are listening in...! There was one rule in Luton I always lived to; Don''t wait till you are round the corner... just RUN!I only got my head kicked in once in the 5 years I lived there, which I personally believe is impressive.[/quote]it is indeed a horrible place, and id imagine if he got up to his naughty boy antics there he''d know about it soon enough!! thank god my town is a good few miles away from there, although i have to drive through it on my way to norwich [:(] at least i could pop up there and do a bit a scouting for everyone to keep you updated!

[quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

agreed.. "Mad Mick" will take the boy and send him back a man.... I wouldnt want to cross Harford.. he was a nutter as a player so must be terrorfying is a manager!

jas :)

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]who cares?[/quote]North Norfolk pubs?