Sign in to follow this  
First Jedi

Re: Canary Experience 2008/09 Squad Photo Call - Meeting them all

"I know he will become a very good manager

at a good level, but whether he was ready for such an independant role

at a football club of Norwich''s stature at that point in time is

debatable."I believe this entirely... still think Grant''ll come good for someone, but he was way out his depth at the time.

Thanks for the info KB, and for taking the time to put the questions and answers on here.  Glad you had a good day, and hope your 18th present will be one for you to remember always.

Glad you enjoyed your day King Beef, sounded like fun.  Be honest, did you struggle to keep a straight face when asking the ''Fatty Matty Patty'' question?  I would have.  [:D]

[quote user="AndyJR"]Glad you enjoyed your day King Beef, sounded like fun.  Be honest, did you struggle to keep a straight face when asking the ''Fatty Matty Patty'' question?  I would have.  [:D]
[/quote]

I must admit I had a weak smile on my face, as did Glenn himself! To be honest I think he is someone who can feel the fans'' frustrations like they''re his own.

KB

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]good on you beefy,

was roedy wearing bike clips???

[/quote]

Haha I was sure not to ask this or anything near the subject to him! I am happy (and also a little relieved) to say he was not wearing bike clips, just the white polo and shorts, though apparently, according to the two lads showing us around the ground, part of the reason the photo call was delayed (besides from the mentioned weather) was because Glenn was late and he had to get changed so maybe he was wearing them before hand!

KB

[quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"]is the squad pic out then yet???[/quote]

Yeah there''s a thread Pete put up on here with the Pink''un link, also available on the OS.

KB

[quote user="King Beef"]

[quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"]is the squad pic out then yet???[/quote]

Yeah there''s a thread Pete put up on here with the Pink''un link, also available on the OS.

KB

[/quote]

Agra Cadabra........

good effort KB to have the coirage to ask those kind of questions. Is it me or does sammy clingan look a bit weird and lee crofts forehead is massive!! I know it was a birthday present but do you know how much today would have cost?? thanks

Yes haynes~hater, it was an embarrassing £295 for one person in the picture and £395 for two in the same picture. Very expensive, I will be the first to admit and I am very grateful to my family for paying for me to go. It was a great gift, being given the freedom of the ground and able to speak to the players and staff, a very memorable experience and one that will not be forgotten. The cost also covers a framed and signed (by the first team and staff) picture of me in the squad which I will be able to collect from Carrow Road within a few weeks!

KB

Is it just me, or does Matty actually look like he heard the ''Fatty, Matty, Patty'' comment and is looking none too pleased? (If the wind changes, his face will stay like that!) [:P]

[quote user="King Beef"]

Yes haynes~hater, it was an embarrassing £295 for one person in the picture and £395 for two in the same picture. Very expensive, I will be the first to admit and I am very grateful to my family for paying for me to go. It was a great gift, being given the freedom of the ground and able to speak to the players and staff, a very memorable experience and one that will not be forgotten. The cost also covers a framed and signed (by the first team and staff) picture of me in the squad which I will be able to collect from Carrow Road within a few weeks!

KB

[/quote]oh well cost doesnt matter as long as you enjoyed yourself

Cost doesn''t matter - especially if you''re not paying! :-D

Is it just me or is our new kitman putting on a really angry face, like he''s auditioning for the part of the Incredible Hulk or something?

Great post, KB, well done on getting Roeder to practically confirm Ameobi! Who needs Archant eh, let''s get KB on the case next time we want to find something out! [:)]

Great stuff mate, I look forward to the next 48 hours then! Good "undercover" work lol, even if it cost you £300!

Great post KB, very interesting.I''m attending a dinner with Glenn and selected members of the 1st team tomorrow night at one of Delia''s restaurants at Carrow Road - Glenn is due to speak there and do a Q&A section so if anything further comes out of interest, i''ll let you all know :)

[quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]Great post KB, very interesting.

I''m attending a dinner with Glenn - Glenn is due to speak there and do a Q&A section so if anything further comes out of interest, i''ll let you all know :)

[/quote]

KLC - given Lappin''s absence from the squad photo, I would be interested to know GR''s response to the question "With Lappin, is it a matter of style of play, ability, attitude or cost that has caused you to rule out any further involvement for a player who remains contracted to the club for another year and has said he wants to remain a City player?" - if you get the opportunity and feel so inclined. (Dave Stringer is usually also good value if he''s present).

You could ask Glenn if he concerned at the lack of playing time together of the XI who will play Coventry, presumably there will be another one new to the team by Saturday, does he go along with the '' time to gel'' theory or does he feel quality players should cope with this?

[quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

Explain yourself

[quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

Explain yourself

[quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

Explain yourself

[quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

Explain yourself