Sign in to follow this  
Ah Newton Mink

The big man up front

Well I think it is fair to say the three main candidates for the big striker role is Ameobi, Sibierski and Carrol. So if it isn''t going to be one of them, who IS it going to be?

I don''t really know who to expect tbh, earlier in the week I was convinced it would be Iversen and lately I''ve expected Ameobi to be the chosen one. As long as it''s not Howard or Carroll I really don''t care anymore as long as we get someone half decent..

[quote user="Ah Newton Mink"]will not be, the one you are all expecting to see[;)][/quote]ah, but how do you know who we''re expecting [:P]

The lack of signings at Newcastle means Ameobi is set to stay, the man to lead our attack next season will be one Ricardo Vaz Te.

My source is old, perhaps out of date, I have to go now in case I am late.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I still think there is a clue in Roeder''s quote  ".......who is scoring goals in his League."[/quote]Iversen at Rosenborg, think he''s got 5 in his last 6 games. Maybe Ameobi is coming as well lol.

Ricardo Vaz Te? No way, today? Glen Roeder better have something to say on this kind of play, Would rather have Peter Kay....................

Sorry, I''m a poet and sometimes I don''t know it.

On a serious side, he is not the big man in a big man mould, ok he is F602 tall, but more of a quick powerful player, has not really scored that many.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I still think there is a clue in Roeder''s quote  ".......who is scoring goals in his League."[/quote]Looking at the Waghorn article http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3822&w=25&a=0&part=1Vaz Te might be coming in (I think Roeder has his eye on two strikers), but he isn''t the experienced target man mentioned.

[quote user="Ah Newton Mink"]will not be, the one you are all expecting to see[;)][/quote]

Would this be the same Newton Mink who made the ridiculous and attention-seeking ''cryptic''  statements over the summer that amounted to nothing? You really need to get out more....

It implies to me that he is currently scoring goals and, as others have suggested, Iverson would certainly fall into that category.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]I''d actually like to see Iverson here; I think it''d potentially give us a good balanced good front line.[/quote]

agreed! I feel he could be the missing peice of the jigsaw.. he wont be a 20 goal a season man but will really mix things up

jas :)

[quote user="NCFCTookie"]Emile Heskey?[/quote]

If we got Emile Heskey here I would be well happy.. but aint gonna happen

I would be happy with Iverson. He did not really set the champ alight let alone the Prem, but will assist the little blokes and OJ with his experaince, but although it is only internet rumours, his club want around 1.5 mil, a lot of money, but you have to speculate to get promotion.

Iversen played the full 90 minutes for Rosenberg tonight so if a move is in the pipeline I''d guess it''s a long way from being concluded.

Just been reading this thread on the Rosenborg forum:http://www.rosenborg.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4413&sid=328b3b55879ae5ab3bf8e330f7a94cfbI believe that if the Cooper deal had gone through then Iversen would be here by now. As it stands, however, who knows ......

Roeder also said that the big man would be ''very experienced''. That would suggest someone a little bit older that Ameobi, like Iversen.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Just been reading this thread on the Rosenborg forum:

http://www.rosenborg.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4413&sid=328b3b55879ae5ab3bf8e330f7a94cfb

I believe that if the Cooper deal had gone through then Iversen would be here by now. As it stands, however, who knows ......
[/quote]

I bet you''re right. Iversen was GR''s 1st choice and now he''s back to looking at alternatives. An injured Ameobi who''s not looking good in Newcastle preseason isn''t probably who he had hoped to spend ~1.5 million on.