Sign in to follow this  
bristol_canary

12th signing

Realistically, I can see it being either Ameobi, Howard or Iversen - continuously linked with all three for weeks now, but the important question is - which one is the best option!?

Both Ame and Iverson will please me :)

Ameobi or Iversen I guess, although if you speak to Ah Newton Mink it is apparently Vaz Te lol.

Howard would disappoint me, and Beckford is a risk.

I suppose out of all of them the only proven player is Iversen, but can he make it in England again?

[quote user="billy bunter"]why does everyone want iversen? not that good player in my opinion.[/quote]

Is that because he never played for Sheffield United?

Billy - look at the realistic options. Aemobi is a possibility but is probably at the bottom of the realistic list.

Pick one of these then that you would rather see join us!

Iversen, Howard... nope that it, the list of players we have been linked with comes to an end.

Maybe Iversen is not the best of players at his level, but, we are a level lower than he is capable of and taking into consideration his games to goal ratio he is the best possibility considering linked options.

Jermaine Beckford now looking at it seems to fit the criteria Roeder has stated, Scoring goals in his League.. He''s tall and everything... But then so does Iverson... We shall have to wait and see :) If no-one signed before Coventry game then id love to see OJ thrown out and let him run wild... See what he is all about :)

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Jermaine Beckford now looking at it seems to fit the criteria Roeder has stated, Scoring goals in his League.. He''s tall and everything... But then so does Iverson... We shall have to wait and see :) If no-one signed before Coventry game then id love to see OJ thrown out and let him run wild... See what he is all about :)[/quote]

exactly my point, ameobi has not been scoring has he. Iverson isnt that big is he?

Well he''s not that big big, but about 6foot i think... He is the tpye of big player Roeder wants i think, someone who is talla nd strong enough to hold ball up well and link the smaller forwards into play, Not so much the big bulky man who just headers everythign and hasnt got a decent touch (Howard) lol.. Well i hope not anyways : ( And with Ameobi he is similar, after being exicted originally of prospect of signing him, as the days move on more and more info comes to me that he is infact a player who was hyped up when he scored a few for Newcastle at a young age and in the premiership he has never made it.. Maybe a step down to championship will see him shine... But most Newcastle fans think he''s a flop and would love to see him gone for a small fee (small in their world!). He seems to fall over alot, have a dodgy first touch and not that much of a great finisher, but then again they are comparing him to premiership quality... Maybe the Championship is where he belongs? Jermain Beckford fits the bill of scoring goals himself as well as being talla nd strong, don''t know how good a touch he has though... Seen some people think he''s abit of a hit or miss striker and will score goals on his day and most of them are matter of being in right place at right time and getting lucky... However i couldn''t care how we scare aslong as its a goal and we can win games from them lol :p

[quote user="jay kay"][quote user="canarytom"]He''s no Peter Crouch then[/quote]
how many strikers are his height?
zigic,
koller
thats it me thinks....
[/quote]

Greenwich Canary is reportedly large in size according to Michael wynn jones'' observation in a darkened toilet

[quote user="bristol_canary"]

[quote user="jay kay"][quote user="canarytom"]He''s no Peter Crouch then[/quote]how many strikers are his height?zigic,kollerthats it me thinks....[/quote]

Greenwich Canary is reportedly large in size according to Michael wynn jones'' observation in a darkened toilet

[/quote]

This whole "GC in the Toilet" thing is really f*cking weird....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="bristol_canary"]

[quote user="jay kay"][quote user="canarytom"]He''s no Peter Crouch then[/quote]
zigic,
koller
thats it me thinks....
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I bet he wished he had never told me about it! It sounds like a funny encounter but I don''t think he is ready to share it with everyone. Not sure how keen I would be talking about sharing a toilet cubicle with him though!

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="bristol_canary"]

zigic,
koller
thats it me thinks....
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I bet he wished he had never told me about it! It sounds like a funny encounter but I don''t think he is ready to share it with everyone. Not sure how keen I would be talking about sharing a toilet cubicle with him though!

[/quote]

You boys are hilarious. I had a pi$$ next to the man and he made a bad joke about him and Delia opening a restaurant with no light, because there was no light in the toilet. I can confirm that nothing else happened............

Definitely beauseant, he seems to be the fountain of knowledge regarding transfers involving Norwich, seems to have his finger right on the pulse.