Sign in to follow this  
Magpie_Jim

Good news for you southerners

Since this message board is read by mainly Brits, I was referrinfg the the viewers as Brits.  I should have said "Brits, people living in Britain like yourself even though you have no ties to the country other than living there, with a few others sprinkled in."  Your sneaky trap worked this time, Norfolk&Chance.

And what?  No comment about the Canaries?  Hope you have a designated driver.  Your thought process is inconsistent right now.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Sooo anyway.....how ''bout those Canaries eh? Confused [8-)] - Norfolk&Chance

Ha, yah I agree.  However, I have noticed that a point I made a few weeks ago got a storm brewing about how dumb we Yanks are, and here it is being reported on as having come from the mouths of your fellow Brits.  That being that many people in Britain think anything north of London is "the north" and so a San Jose-based report on Huckerby having played for a team in NE England was not necessarily wrong.  I feel vindicated.  No apology necessary, everyone who jumped on me for that.

As for the Canaries, I think Roeder needs to work out a rotation or Lupoli, Koroma and Cureton until he figures out which is the best pairing in each circumstance, and then stick with it as much as possible. That is, unless the Ameobi guy signs, in which case he can be added to the mix as well.  I''d see Cureton as low man on that totem pole since the others are loans and kind of guarenteed more playing opportunity, and he''s not getting any younger.

[/quote]

Would I be right in assuming that your latest despatch in Texas was....errr....done in the name of whichever of the 2 Jesus''s (Jesi?) you are on.

Since this message board is read by mainly Brits, I was referrinfg the the viewers as Brits.  I should have said "Brits, people living in Britain like yourself even though you have no ties to the country other than living there, with a few others sprinkled in."  Your sneaky trap worked this time, Norfolk&Chance.

And what?  No comment about the Canaries?  Hope you have a designated driver.  Your thought process is inconsistent right now.

[/quote]

Meh....I just come here to wind up Americans.

Cameltoe-dium, what are you referring to, 2 Jesuses?

Norfolk&Chance, you are in a weird place to wind up Americans since there are only a small handful of us here.  But I guess coming from desolate Aus, that seems like a lot to you. Besides, the smiley face on the previous comment kind of gave my mood away.

I just watched "The Castle" the other day.  Good flick!  It''s no "Once Were Warriors"(on last night), but it''ll be on the list of "relatively unknown small budget movies that are good" that I recommend to my students.  "Flirting" is another Aussie flick I encourage people to see.

But with so many midfielders, how long is it going to take to sort THAT puzzle out?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Ha, yah I agree.  However, I have noticed that a point I made a few weeks ago got a storm brewing about how dumb we Yanks are, and here it is being reported on as having come from the mouths of your fellow Brits.  That being that many people in Britain think anything north of London is "the north" and so a San Jose-based report on Huckerby having played for a team in NE England was not necessarily wrong.  I feel vindicated.  No apology necessary, everyone who jumped on me for that.

As for the Canaries, I think Roeder needs to work out a rotation or Lupoli, Koroma and Cureton until he figures out which is the best pairing in each circumstance, and then stick with it as much as possible. That is, unless the Ameobi guy signs, in which case he can be added to the mix as well.  I''d see Cureton as low man on that totem pole since the others are loans and kind of guarenteed more playing opportunity, and he''s not getting any younger.

[/quote]

Would I be right in assuming that your latest despatch in Texas was....errr....done in the name of whichever of the 2 Jesus''s (Jesi?) you are on.

[/quote]

No wrong again. Do you not have Mid West?

We are not north neither are we south. Mid east would be more accurate. But as we are so far Mid east and known as East Anglians then...........

We are not north neither are we south. Mid east would be more accurate. But as we are so far Mid east and known as East Anglians then........... - The Butler

Are you arguing semantics or commonly used geographical terms?  If you want to make pointless points to prove me wrong, you''re well on your way.  However, considering Norwich is on an odd shaped peninsula, it is not mid anything compared to the rest of England.  Your comment deviates completely from the original point I made, which was that MANY PEOPLE CONSIDER ANYTHING NORTH OF LONDON TO BE "THE NORTH". Since Norwich is north of that parallel, and to the eastern side of the capital, referring it to as being NE England is not such an egregious error.  And you think Americans are stupid?

Norfolk&Chance, you are in a weird place to wind up Americans since there are only a small handful of us here.  But I guess coming from desolate Aus, that seems like a lot to you. Besides, the smiley face on the previous comment kind of gave my mood away.

I just watched "The Castle" the other day.  Good flick! 

[/quote]

For someone who enjoyed "The Castle", you''re not quite getting a grip on irony.

"Tell him he''s dreamin''"

Cameltoe-dium, what are you referring to, 2 Jesuses?

I just watched "The Castle" the other day.  Good flick!  It''s no "Once Were Warriors"(on last night), but it''ll be on the list of "relatively unknown small budget movies that are good" that I recommend to my students.  "Flirting" is another Aussie flick I encourage people to see.

But with so many midfielders, how long is it going to take to sort THAT puzzle out?

[/quote]

Once were warriors...what a film! But its a film from NZ. Maybe you knew that and i read it wrong.

Watched Batman tonight. Enjoyed it, but lasts forever!

I don''t think that at all, If you are a prime example then I am certain! - The Butler

Thanks to that last comment, I rest my case against Butler.  No defense necessary!

Not sure what irony your referring to, Norfolk&Chance. That you come here to p#ss off Yanks?  That seems more stupid than ironic to me.   Now THAT was an ironic comment.  Live and learn, baby.

Once were warriors...what a film! But its a film from NZ. - can u sit down please

Yes, I did know it was NZ.  The Maori storyline kind of gave it away. Ha ha.  I used it as an example to get a rise out of N&C.  It was supposed to be like someone saying they liked the US and giving Toronto as an example of a place that impressed them.  I was being ironic, which he apparently thought he was being. Once Were Warriors is my favorite movie of all time. 

I don''t like those Superhero movies like Batman generally so I won''t go to see it.  I must admit the first Spiderman was very good, but it was more about the people than the sideshow characters.  As that aspect took over later in the movie, I lost interest.  Everyone else seems to think it''s pretty awesome, though, so money well spent on your part!

I don''t think that at all, If you are a prime example then I am certain! - The Butler

Thanks to that last comment, I rest my case against Butler.  No defense necessary!

Not sure what irony your referring to, Norfolk&Chance. That you come here to p#ss off Yanks?  That seems more stupid than ironic to me.   Now THAT was an ironic comment.  Live and learn, baby.

[/quote]

Can someone please point out the irony in this sentence? My head hurts!

To me, it looks like someone has been listening to too much Alanis Morrisette!

baby (??)

Once were warriors...what a film! But its a film from NZ. - can u sit down please

Yes, I did know it was NZ.  The Maori storyline kind of gave it away. Ha ha.  I used it as an example to get a rise out of N&C.  It was supposed to be like someone saying they liked the US and giving Toronto as an example of a place that impressed them.  I was being ironic, which he apparently thought he was being. Once Were Warriors is my favorite movie of all time. 

I don''t like those Superhero movies like Batman generally so I won''t go to see it.  I must admit the first Spiderman was very good, but it was more about the people than the sideshow characters.  As that aspect took over later in the movie, I lost interest.  Everyone else seems to think it''s pretty awesome, though, so money well spent on your part!

[/quote]

Using Once Were Warriors as an example of a low budget film is ironic now?

Man, I am confused!

[/quote]

I get ya.....im Maltese and people say "oh thats the same as Italian, right!??

Apologies Houston x

Can someone please point out the irony in this sentence? My head hurts! - Norfolk&Chance

The irony is that you THINK you''re being clever with your comment about being here to anger Americans, but in REALITY you are being stupid.  It is IRONIC because someone reading this thread would likely not be expecting the tables to be turned so completely and successfully on the unsuspecting you.

Take 3 or 4 aspirin before you crash for the night.  It will make your hangover much more tolerable when you wake up.

i do believe houston you could start an argument in an empty room.  and no, your explanation of irony isn''t quite right my friend but it doesnt matter, being from the great nation of america we do not expect you to understand and make allowences accordingly. you guys simply have a different sense of humour, no dig intended, please dont let another thread develop into war and peace, although the last one kept me amused for days once is enough surely?

Good evening Mr Redneck.

This is a bit of a bummer (if you''ll pardon the expression) for you lot isn''t it?

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20070615/southern-baptists-urged-to-receive-homosexuals-with-love-of-christ.htm

Love the title of the group.

One love as......errrr.....BlyBlyBabes might say.

Also jolly good luck for next season in Iraq.  Or not as the case may be.  Not impressed with your signings.  Presumably you''re going for loan players?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Whoahhhhh! Easy Tiger. Credit where credits due.In the old days they just used to deny the Blacks and Mexicans their rights before executing them, at least nowadays they get a conviction in between denying them their rights and the execution, you can''t tell me that''s not progress.Back on topic (ish) Don''t want to pee on anybodys bonfire but since I''ve been on the lash with Arthur all day I don''t see a 50/50 mix of meths and surgical spirit will dampen the flames too much but:Norwich is 160 miles East and 40 miles North of "The West Midlands". (As all those who went to Cardiff will remember).So it can''t be in the South or even "The South Midlands", "East Midlands" is Derby Notts etc still 100 miles West of NR1. The North South just doesnt roll off the tongue, South East Midlands is too far South, more Kettering direction, and anyway being North of West strictly speaking its North East Midlands but that borders on to South Yorkshire so it can''t be there as again you''re a 100 miles out and you''re forgetting Lincolnshire which they call "East Anglia" but can''t possibly be anything other than "West Anglia" along with Cambridgeshire but technically Essex would be South Anglia making Norfolk "North Anglia" and we all know it''s not.There is obviously one glaring solution to this geographical paradox.Independence!!Break away from the UK and become a Principality, the County is self sufficient, the Agricultures top notch, there''s gas and tourism think of the boost to Aviva and Co if we could offer them preferential rates of income tax and Corporation Tax and the big plus is it would be legal to shoot Binners trying to cross the river border to the South.Are you with me?.

Going to stick with Granny: "As thick as pig shit but not as useful.".  And before anyone asks you can grow mushrooms on a combination of pig shit and straw.

It sort of stuck somehow (bit like pig shit).

You avoided my question Houston.  Are there any male teachers still applying the paddle to a teenage female bottom in your state?

Whatever gets you off.

Ermmm...yeehaaw or whatever.

Good luck.  Good luck for next season except against us of course.

Do you think you''ll go up?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Houston Canary wrote the following post at 06/08/2008 8:07 PM:

iluveadie wrote:

We aren''t Southerners. We''re from EAST Anglia. But thanks for the info...

Can''t you be from the east and the south at the same time?  Isn''t Newcastle much more north than it is west of Norwich?  If you flew to Newcastle, would you spend more time heading north of west?In Oregon, they refer to Texas as the deep south, not the deep east or the deep southeast. 

Sounds like EM is the smartest one in Manchester.  That''s a frightening thought.

In England we refer to it as the State that still that still likes to carry out legal murder even when asked to refrain by the international community.

[/quote]

Texas is also known as Redneck country.

Once Were Warriors is an excellent film. Right up there with City Of God,Days of Glory,La Haine, and (keeping with the spirit of the thread) Goldfinger.

I''ve yet to see the sequal, What becomes of the broken hearted? i''ve heard its more of a straightforward redemption/revenge movie amd despite the billing,Rena Owen barely features, which is a pity.

In England we refer to it as the State that still that still likes to carry out legal murder even when asked to refrain by the international community.  - Beauseant

That''s weird because I have been to England several times and never ever heard it referred to as the place that still likes to carry out legal murders.  When told, people respond by saying, "Oh, Texas! Really." Or words to that affect.  I''ll listen more carefully next time.  Maybe they mumbled the part about LEGAL murder.

We just did one last night.  The guy was part of a gang that beat, raped, strangled with shoelaces & a belt. and stomped 2 teenage girls to death 14 years ago.  He''s the 2nd of that group to be put out of our misery.  We don''t give a rat''s behind what namby pambies from the international community prefer when it comes to disposing of the garbage. You want them released to your neighborhood, we get rid of ''em.  If the international community doesn''t like it, the international community better not come here and beat, rape, strangle with shoe laces & a belt, and stomp to death a couple girls taking a short cut home to make it on time for their curfew, and then be stupid enough to tell others about it.

[/quote]

Houston-When i visited friends in LA a couple of years back, the locals actually thought i was Texan with my Naarfolk drool! a few thought i was an Aussie but when i said where i was from they seemed rather bemused by it.

I''ve yet to see the sequal, What becomes of the broken hearted? - Desi Rascall

Do NOT waste your time on the sequel.  I saw it once, and it was crap.  It was about as necessary a sequel as was Weekend at Bernie''s 2, which is to say it was not worth the time to watch.  Jake goes around town trying to find people to apologize to seemed to be the gist of it.  I didn''t see the entire thing it was so bad, but Rena Owen was not in any of what I did see.

City of God was good, if you mean the Brazilian pic.  Days of Glory?  You can''t mean the Tom Cruise race car driver one, can you? I have never seen all of it even though it is on frequently.  I''ve seen parts of it, but never been captivated enough to not turn the channel.

Part of the movie Rushmore was filmed at my school.  I love the Brit version (or the original version) of Fever Pitch. Even better from England is Raining Stones.  100 Mile Rule is a seriously funny dark comedy, but I seem to be the only person who has ever seen it.  Mischief and That Night are 2 similar themed coming-of-age movies with great doo-wop sound tracks.  I have a list of about 60 movies that are low budget, unfamiliar to most Americans, story driven, very entertaining, and in many cases help the viewer learn about other times and places if they pay attention to details. No car chases, no pointless special effects, no plots designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator (idots); just good, solid movies. Welcome to the Dollhouse is another, as is Happiness and Storytelling, all 3 by the same writer/director, Todd Solenz.

Hopefully Norwich will have a happy ending to the season.

Texas is also known as Redneck country. - cameltoe-dium (a stadium of womanhood)

I am not sure why you keep adding youtube vids about Southern Baptists.  I am not a Southern Baptist, but the offerings seem to be directed towards me.  I have not looked at them either.  I could send youtube vids about Castro, Stalin or other communist leaders that make communism look bad, or I could suggest people read any newspaper over the next few weeks to see communism at work as the Olympics pass.  I could, but I won''t because I am not obsessed with you the way you have locked in on me. 

Sometimes you seem bright, but sometimes you seem incredibly stupid. Please realize this:  There is nothing you can ever do that will matter to me.  We will never meet, you will never know anyone I know, and I understand this, cameltoe-dium. That is why I have so much fun debating people here.  I don''t take anything personally because they don''t know me, and yet they get all emotional or overly involved. Remember when Evil Punky threatened to come here and fight me?  I cried with laughter at that.  God, he can be funny when he doesn''t mean to be.

Had you done 30 seconds of research on youtube, you could have learned that being a "redneck" is not a bad thing.  Your limited understanding of it is based on bad TV shows, it seems.  Being a redneck has nothing to do with racism.  Another term for redneck is good ole boy.  The Dukes of Hazzard (and they were the GOOD guys) were "just some good ole boys", as the theme song went.  I am not a redneck myself, but that you think I maybe is a compliment you are too ignorant to realize you made.

Hopefully Glenn Roeder won''t make ignorant decisions about how to work out the best consistent line up for the team to gel and prosper. If he does, Cameltoe-dium may as well be manager.