Sign in to follow this  
Magpie_Jim

Good news for you southerners

Hi, Newcastle fan here and the news from within is that Ameobi is very close to signing for you, fee reported to be £1.75 million. He should do a job for you at your level, although I''m glad to see him go.

[quote user="Magpie_Jim"]Hi, Newcastle fan here and the news from within is that Ameobi is very close to signing for you, fee reported to be £1.75 million. He should do a job for you at your level, although I''m glad to see him go.[/quote]

Hilarious. 

About as Geordie as a peanut....

[quote user="iluveadie"]We aren''t Southerners. We''re from EAST Anglia. But thanks for the info...[/quote]I''ve been trying to explain that to people up here in Manchester for two years, but my Cambridge friends undermines me constantly... "Kill them"Thanks for spreading the word Magpie Jim.  See, these are the kind of rumours we like - just someone passing on what they''ve heard.  Adds fuel to the fire.  Its the ones who claim they''re "in the know" that annoy me...

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[quote user="Magpie_Jim"]Hi, Newcastle fan here and the news from within is that Ameobi is very close to signing for you, fee reported to be £1.75 million. He should do a job for you at your level, although I''m glad to see him go.[/quote]

Hilarious. 

[/quote]

I''m not a Geordie, I''m from Blackpool!

iluveadie wrote:

We aren''t Southerners. We''re from EAST Anglia. But thanks for the info...

Can''t you be from the east and the south at the same time?  Isn''t Newcastle much more north than it is west of Norwich?  If you flew to Newcastle, would you spend more time heading north of west?In Oregon, they refer to Texas as the deep south, not the deep east or the deep southeast. 

Sounds like EM is the smartest one in Manchester.  That''s a frightening thought.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

iluveadie wrote:

Can''t you be from the east and the south at the same time?  Isn''t Newcastle much more north than it is west of Norwich?  If you flew to Newcastle, would you spend more time heading north of west?In Oregon, they refer to Texas as the deep south, not the deep east or the deep southeast. 

Sounds like EM is the smartest one in Manchester.  That''s a frightening thought.

[/quote]

To Newcastle, everyone is Southern compared to them in England. Except Berwick....and maybe Carlisle....

Houston Canary wrote the following post at 06/08/2008 8:07 PM:

iluveadie wrote:

In England we refer to it as the State that still that still likes to carry out legal murder even when asked to refrain by the international community.

iluveadie wrote:

[/quote]

Yes thanks, but I''m fully aware where I live in relation to Newcastle. However, I always say I''m from East, because when someone from the north of England talks about Southerners they aren''t just referring geographically to the South, they are usually referring to it in a patronising ''Southern Pansy'' way. Which I''m not.

When I lived in London they used to refer to me as a dirty northern bas**rd because I came from Norwich. But then again they did that to everyone who lived north of the watford gap.

iluveadie wrote:

The clue is in the name EAST ANGLIA not south anglia. We live in the EAST as FAR EAST as you can get in England.

South starts after Watford going down.

[/quote]

South starts after Watford gap, not Watford, so we are only a few miles above it. We are Easterners but if I had the choice, I would rather be a Southerner than a Northerner.

[quote user="Magpie_Jim"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Hilarious. 

[/quote]

I''m not a Geordie, I''m from Blackpool!

[/quote]

same thing.....

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

South starts after Watford gap, not Watford, so we are only a few miles above it. We are Easterners but if I had the choice, I would rather be a Southerner than a Northerner.

[/quote]

The North does some good things, though.  Like Topping''s pork pies.

I have to get them by mail order but your nearest stockist is Roy''s at Wroxham you lucky people.

I hope Delia uses them.  If not, she should, or perhaps she doesn''t do Porkies?

They are wonderful..............

Sorry, Arrdee if you do pork pies!  If you don''t, ring them!

http://www.toppingspies.co.uk/

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

I have to get them by mail order but your nearest stockist is Roy''s at Wroxham you lucky people.

I hope Delia uses them.  If not, she should, or perhaps she doesn''t do Porkies?

[/quote]

You know that she doesn''t do porkies. How dare you.

By the way - have your taste buds ever suffered fron Newcastle Brown?

OTBC

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

Wow. I''m not really a fan of pork pies but those quiches look awesome. Although actually, the pork pies look awesome as well. In fact, all the pies look awesome...

[/quote]

In England we refer to it as the State that still that still likes to carry out legal murder even when asked to refrain by the international community.  - Beauseant

That''s weird because I have been to England several times and never ever heard it referred to as the place that still likes to carry out legal murders.  When told, people respond by saying, "Oh, Texas! Really." Or words to that affect.  I''ll listen more carefully next time.  Maybe they mumbled the part about LEGAL murder.

We just did one last night.  The guy was part of a gang that beat, raped, strangled with shoelaces & a belt. and stomped 2 teenage girls to death 14 years ago.  He''s the 2nd of that group to be put out of our misery.  We don''t give a rat''s behind what namby pambies from the international community prefer when it comes to disposing of the garbage. You want them released to your neighborhood, we get rid of ''em.  If the international community doesn''t like it, the international community better not come here and beat, rape, strangle with shoe laces & a belt, and stomp to death a couple girls taking a short cut home to make it on time for their curfew, and then be stupid enough to tell others about it.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know that she doesn''t do porkies. How dare you.

By the way - have your taste buds ever suffered fron Newcastle Brown?

OTBC

[/quote]

No.  I was brought up to believe Brown Ale was a ladies drink.  That was then of course and now I realise it is a drink for absolutely everyone regardless of gender, ethnic status, politics and now I would like everyone to have an equal opportunity to taste it for themselves.

We just didn''t know then as it was before The Age of Enlightenment. 

(Mind you I''m Irish and I don''t like Guinness either).

In England we refer to it as the State that still that still likes to carry out legal murder even when asked to refrain by the international community.  - Beauseant

That''s weird because I have been to England several times and never ever heard it referred to as the place that still likes to carry out legal murders.  When told, people respond by saying, "Oh, Texas! Really." Or words to that affect.  I''ll listen more carefully next time.  Maybe they mumbled the part about LEGAL murder.

We just did one last night.  The guy was part of a gang that beat, raped, strangled with shoelaces & a belt. and stomped 2 teenage girls to death 14 years ago.  He''s the 2nd of that group to be put out of our misery.  We don''t give a rat''s behind what namby pambies from the international community prefer when it comes to disposing of the garbage. You want them released to your neighborhood, we get rid of ''em.  If the international community doesn''t like it, the international community better not come here and beat, rape, strangle with shoe laces & a belt, and stomp to death a couple girls taking a short cut home to make it on time for their curfew, and then be stupid enough to tell others about it.

[/quote]

Sooo anyway.....how ''bout those Canaries eh? [8-)]

[quote user="NorfolkChance"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

Sooo anyway.....how ''bout those Canaries eh? [8-)]

[/quote]

LOL!!! [:D]

Sooo anyway.....how ''bout those Canaries eh? Confused [8-)] - Norfolk&Chance

Ha, yah I agree.  However, I have noticed that a point I made a few weeks ago got a storm brewing about how dumb we Yanks are, and here it is being reported on as having come from the mouths of your fellow Brits.  That being that many people in Britain think anything north of London is "the north" and so a San Jose-based report on Huckerby having played for a team in NE England was not necessarily wrong.  I feel vindicated.  No apology necessary, everyone who jumped on me for that.

As for the Canaries, I think Roeder needs to work out a rotation or Lupoli, Koroma and Cureton until he figures out which is the best pairing in each circumstance, and then stick with it as much as possible. That is, unless the Ameobi guy signs, in which case he can be added to the mix as well.  I''d see Cureton as low man on that totem pole since the others are loans and kind of guarenteed more playing opportunity, and he''s not getting any younger.

Sooo anyway.....how ''bout those Canaries eh? Confused [8-)] - Norfolk&Chance

Ha, yah I agree.  However, I have noticed that a point I made a few weeks ago got a storm brewing about how dumb we Yanks are, and here it is being reported on as having come from the mouths of your fellow Brits.  That being that many people in Britain think anything north of London is "the north" and so a San Jose-based report on Huckerby having played for a team in NE England was not necessarily wrong.  I feel vindicated.  No apology necessary, everyone who jumped on me for that.

As for the Canaries, I think Roeder needs to work out a rotation or Lupoli, Koroma and Cureton until he figures out which is the best pairing in each circumstance, and then stick with it as much as possible. That is, unless the Ameobi guy signs, in which case he can be added to the mix as well.  I''d see Cureton as low man on that totem pole since the others are loans and kind of guarenteed more playing opportunity, and he''s not getting any younger.

[/quote]

Who are you calling a Brit?

Ahhh dear. You don''t do yourself any favours do you?