Sign in to follow this  
cov1987

greetings from coventry

so, all looking forward to your day out on saturday?  thought you''d bring more than you are to be honest, had you down for at least 3000.  still decent enough following.should be a lively atmosphere, which probably hasn''t the case on your previous visits which i seem to remember were pretty flat.  that''s the ricoh for you though - built for the premiership and sadly just a bit to big for us at the moment.  miss the intimacy, atmosphere and banter we used to get at Highfield Road. having said that, when there is a decent crowd in the place can rock.  very good acoustics, just needs people.  should be about 23000 there on saturday, and with it being the opening game expect it will be quite lively.as for the game, got to be a home banker?  nah, who knows.  we''ve brought in a few decent signings and you lot don''t seem all that confident, but we all know what a crazy division this is and i wouldn''t be surprised if you went home with the points.enjoy your day, but not the game.

To be fair, i think we''re taking quite a good following. And yes, the previous visits would give an indication that it would be a pretty bad atmosphere. Opening games are interesting. I think we have the problem of too many players coming in, some not playing with each other for more than 20 minutes, and it might take a while for us to gel. I know it''s been said alot, but to be honest at the moment we''re going to have to look to pass it along the floor continously, since we have no target man; which means the team need to be even more familiar with each other than normal in my opinion.I honestly dont have a clue who''ll win this one. If there is a winner..

Thanks for the welcome. I will be there and i am hoping that the norwich end will be rocking. Some away games i went to last season was abit hit or miss, Some games we where singing on the way to the ground and didnt stop untill the final wistle and on the other hand i went to some where we all sat there twiddling are fingers for 90mins. Come on city fans lets get behing them on saturday and let them all know we are there!

OTBC!!!

never said it was a bad following, just that i expected more, which i guess is a compliment really.trust me, it will be lively on saturday - although to what extent depends on events on the pitch i guess.

We never win the first game, we''re away from home, Coventry always start well (apparently) & even if we do score D''urso will disallow it so I predict a 2 nil loss!

[quote user="hogesar"]To be fair, i think we''re taking quite a good following. And yes, the previous visits would give an indication that it would be a pretty bad atmosphere. Opening games are interesting. I think we have the problem of too many players coming in, some not playing with each other for more than 20 minutes, and it might take a while for us to gel. I know it''s been said alot, but to be honest at the moment we''re going to have to look to pass it along the floor continously, since we have no target man; which means the team need to be even more familiar with each other than normal in my opinion.
I honestly dont have a clue who''ll win this one. If there is a winner..
[/quote]

big following? 2k? some teams took 4 or 5k there last season

average following for those who bother well done. those who dont shame on you

[quote user="National express super guard "]I am truly shamed, unfortunately unless you''re gonna pay 100 quid for me to miss a day of work I can''t go. which annoyed me coz love going to away games[/quote]at least you got a good excuse =), unlike others probably

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Look forward to seeing you there, ''fellow fan''.[/quote]

Yes I will be there too along with son and 6 screeming loud mad norwich city grandchildren fans we are all up for this one, And I did hear that tickets were up to 2500 and still selling today, so I think you will see the 3000 mark  

History suggests that McKenzie will score at least one against his old club and Marshall will make a series of miraculous saves........ against his old club. Cureton will plough a lonely furrow up front and we will be crap .............. just like our last two visits to the Ricoh.

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]History suggests that McKenzie will score at least one against his old club and Marshall will make a series of miraculous saves........ against his old club. Cureton will plough a lonely furrow up front and we will be crap .............. just like our last two visits to the Ricoh.[/quote]

Nothing like a bit of positivity on the eve of a new season eh?