Sign in to follow this  
Green&Yellow Fan

The Team we will have if we go down

What on earth are you guys going on about? It is the 1st of SEPTEMBER!!!!! There are still 8 yes, 8 months to go. Go and see a doctor and get some happy pills will you?

Blimey, last Thursday we were the premiership''s latest promising newcomers - on the back of the ManUre and Newcastle away performances.

What a difference a week makes!! Now it seems we''re relegation certainties to some of you.

Yes we''ve got a small squad with little slack - but if we keep performing as we have, we''ll make it. And there''s lots of time between now and January to realistically assess what the gaps are and who might fill them and at what price rather than a mad scramble on deadline day.

Whilst it pains me to use DD''s much overused cliche, "keep the faith"!.

I think people are taking this Arsenal defeat too badly.

We may have lost 3 points to them - but thats the same 3 points practically every other club will lose to them this season.

with the new contract ruling, i believe unless less the club agree the transfer the player cannot be sold, therefore we wont lose any players is the board wont let them go......

Faith the keep!!!

one season to early.............

I suggest most other relegated sides have seen players deserting like the preverbial rats on a sinking ship contracts or not. oops forgot must be cheerful at all costs !

If we went down we would lose Greeno, possibly Drury and after his recent performances Francis. Maybe Helveg as well although he seems a decent type and may stick around.

We could still put out the following team which would be plenty good enough:

Ward
Edworthy,Fleming,Charlton,Brennan
Jonson,Safri,Holt,Mcveigh
Doherty,Hucks

Cripes, if we''re talking about next season''s team in the Championship, we''d probably better start talking about who we will buy when we next get promoted.

No, seriously, can we get on with the business of getting relegated first please, there are a lot of games to lose before we can talk about next season. Don''t count your chickens and all that....

Team if we end up in League 2:-

Gunn (he is still on the payroll)

Briggs Shackell Fleming Ullathorne

Rivers Holt Molby Henderson

Roberts (on a free) & Abbey

Bring it on.

Cannot wait - it''s exciting isn''t it?