Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

i dont know what the world is coming to

the whole board is littered with doom and gloom, is this feb, are we bottom with a 20 point defecit? has greeno been poached by arsenal and worthy gone to newcastle? is hucks out for the season? no

so someone explain to me why everyone is so down?

we have played a few games, three of them against the top clubs, only one of those games were we outplayed, and don''t forget everyone else will be as well

we drew away from home at SJP, more than matched man u, even showed great stuff at times against arsenal

and so we didn''t get harewood, jj or scowcroft

thank god for that!!!

what money we have has to be spent wisely and i would rather get someone in in january IF we are struggling then (you know, adrift by more than 6 points)

we will be okay, we are the most united club in the land, and we have much to be thankful for - do you really want to buy yet another megson donkey? or go through a manager a year like palace?

and as for wolves, words fail me......

come on, we are city fans - we are in the premiership, just imagine being a binner, so, so close again, and then

ha ha ha

failed again. We are there and we will survive

as DD is always saying

keep the faith! :-)

Have you heard Gazza? We didn''t sign a single player yesterday! I am personally very dissapointed that we didn''t buy the whole Arsenal Squad!

Like you say lots of games yet to play and we can spend the next few months looking a player who is worth signing, not just any player. Would people on here be happier if we just bought someone for the sake of buying? So we didn''t sign anyone, not the end of the world!

Thank goodness for that, well said Gazza the great, couldn''t have put it better myself. I just wonder where people thought we were going to be in the table after these 4 games. Alright, it was disappointing not to get all 3 points against Palace but just look at the performances we have put in against 3 of the best sides in the league.

Once we get the next 3 games out of the way we have about 8 or so games in a row which we can actually go into feeling we have a great chance of getting a result, and more often than not, all 3 points.

It was also disappointing not to sign someone yesterday but if Worthy hasn''t found the player he feels can do the right job for us then why spend the money for the sake of it. He''s spent wisely thus far and has made some real shrewd signing so I think we should just let him get on with it.

Keep your chins up, we''re in the Prem!!

Yeah I agree. The fairweather fans on here recently expecting us to be in Champions League spots are really annoying. PS any of you guys want out, plenty of true fans looking for season tickets / seats.

me agree toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

i wouldnt mind spending my money on them thou ;)

I have been around a few years now supporting city, since the early 60s.. and I have seen and heard most of what the doomers, gloomers and sunshine supporters have had to say over the years. 

Many wrote off Ron Saunders boys at the first promotion hurdle.. Then later on we were written off.. and now again, and I am not referring to the pundits of the media, I mean those people who suddenly get their bums on seats when we are doing well, and can''t even find the dam seats they are allocated.  We all know they weren''t about on stinking cold raining nights when we saw off the likes of Rotherham, Crewe (no disrespects) sitting amongst 10-11k die hards.

I personally would prefer to simply wait and see what our boys can do, instead of slating them off on messageboards, which I know they read. confidence boosting ain''t....After waiting this nine years and years longer before that for a crack at the big boys, I am simply enjoying every minute of and if in some way I can cheer a little belief into some of our players I dam well will

Come on you yellas

It''s like you have read my mind and put it in text. I''m glad there are other like minded city fans.

We need to act a bit more like Pompey fans at home v''s arsenal in the FA cup not Wolves fans. We need to be a help not a hinderance. What would everyone say if we had played £3m for Earnshaw??? or £1m for Wanchope??

From memory city''s best players have always been from the bargain basement. Everyone remember Mathew Rush (£1m - hardly played through injury), Emblen (£500k hardly played through injury), Darren Beckford (£1m - awful player). Im sure others could name more.

If we think we will be relegated then we are half way there!!!

BE POSITIVE!!!

Yup, I agree with Gazza too. I''m enjoying it. Actually more than I thought, because we''ve come out of the last three games with one more point that I expected but a great deal more credit too. I think some people''s expectations need lowering a little, so much talk of us surviving - and even finishing 12th - has masked the fact that we are what we are, a small team in the Prem that is striving for survival. I also think some people thought that promotion would bring a) limitless supplies of money and b) the ability to sign any player we like. It ain''t so, improving the team is a tricky business at any level.

oh damn!!!!

i keep clicking "add topic" rather than "add reply"

can you possible switch them over???????