Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

How old is too old to wear a replica shirt??

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I agree with everyones sentiments, but I stopped wearing a replica shirt when I was 16, I just associate them with being a kid, and no offence, do laugh at some of the people I see wearing them on match days. The classic kits which you can buy in the store are a different matter though, because they are more like a t-shirt and I think you can get away with that, although I still don''t really wear that either. Replica''s should be kept the sole property of children IMO. I of course still wear my colours on a match day, but it is usually a yellow t-shirt and not the kit.[/quote]

What he realy means to say is he Can''t afford a city shirt now that his pocket money has been stopped

I''m nearly 26 and while I''d feel a little daft wearing the shirt going about my business, I''ll always wear one when I''m at a match or playing footie with my mates.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="National express super guard "][quote user="1st Wizard"]

as long as they display the City badge I''m happy.

[/quote]

I doubt that
[/quote]

Then that just shows how little you really know me, I wear my City colours all day, every day, in Scum land...........not just on match days where there''s safety in numbers!!

[/quote]

Wiz...

I think he meant he doubted that you''re ever happy.. not that you wear the shirt!

I''m a grandfather of four even though I''m only 39 and I still wear mine.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]I''m nearly 26 and while I''d feel a little daft wearing the shirt going about my business, I''ll always wear one when I''m at a match or playing footie with my mates.[/quote]Same here. I get loads of use out of my Norwich shirts thanks to playing football two or three times a week. I think everyone inside Carrow Road on matchdays should wear a yellow shirt, whether it''s official or not - a bit like the Korean''s do when they watch football matches.

I''m in sunny Biggleswade. If you need lifts etc to games, let me know, I go every game. Just PM me if you do.

Cheers, I''ll bear it in mind for evening games. I usually drive down for every home game, but take wife/kids/etc., although getting them to go to evening games is like persuading a stone to give blood.