Sign in to follow this  
BH0201

Huckerby's Comments

A truly positive sign from Darren.

Perhaps an indication of a "theoretical" conversation between player and club? Surely the comments designed to put pressure on MCFC to agree to an affordable fee? Whilst i''ll not be counting any chickens, I can see the hen is moving on the nest!

Craig

I don''t see it that way, according to Man City they have received no contact with us recently and the new quoted price is £1.5m. It is nice to see he wants to stay but I''m affraid he will go back and be replaced my McVeigh who is now free to play up front following Brennan''s return. The club already have a loan of £15m I can''t see where they can magic up another £1.5m from.

I honestly believe Hucks will stay with us. I know he made similar comments at Forest but not to this extent and I just feel we will take the gamble.

Tell me if I''m wrong but I''m sure I read on the Pink''un site in the summer that Worthy had been given 1 million to spend on two new strikers, but he couldn''t find anybody suitable. As he hasn''t spent a penny in transfer fees surely the board can let him buy him for 1 million if Man City want more then fair enough off he goes but I honestly think if we offered them 1 million then they would accept.

Notman''s retirement must have freed up a bit money.

SO PLEASE SIGN HIM.

Apart from anything else it would give the club such a massive boost, euphoria wise people would be on cloud nine. Imagine the look on the scummers faces when Hucks lines up at Portman Road.

Please board do what it takes the player wants to stay will take a pay cut it must be worth the gamble, prehaps everybody should post something on the club message board (questions for the club) it might make them realise the strength of feeling there is amongst the fans we musnt forget crouch and Harper would be good to get them as well .

Even if he *did* have a million in the summer, he''s spent £400k on the loan players so far.

But, if we knew exactly what he had/has then so would Man City.

Ama

Be nice to know what the club have offered to Man City and Aston Villa if it is their usual offer or 300k , you cant blame the clubs for being insulted

Yes but Amarillo, in the past the club and Worthy have made it clear that there are different "pots of money". Each season worthy has a loan budget, a transfer budget, and a wage pool. The £400,000 press figure bounded around should have come from the loan budget and the transfer money that he was promised at the start of the season should still be there.

All speculation of course as nobody know exactly what financial clout is available from within with the walls of carrow road

Not quite true.

Assuming the £1m is true, it''s £1m minus £400k in loan spend plus saving on wages from players not signed but budgeted for.

Craig

I think the comments attributed to, or actually made by, Huckerby are misleading.

Please correct me if I''m wrong, but the process here is that the clubs have to agree a fee first before the acquiring club can talk to the player?

So, Man City quote a fee to us, which we don''t match, a highly probable situation. So they then talk to other clubs. Even if they then agree a fee with someone else, if Huckerby really wants to play for us, he can simply fail to agree terms with the 3rd party club, so Man City are back to square one.

This situation could continue until Man City are left with the choice. Either accept our fee or continue to pay the player''s wages.

Player power exists, as happened with Rob Hulse and Crewe in the summer.

I personally think it is misleading to the fans to suggest it is just down to the respective clubs to agree a fee. It''s not, the player has a major part to play. At the end of the day, if the player doesn''t want to go to this club or that club, he just carrys on where he is until he gets what he wants.

You have to accept that the club can''t go broadcasting it''s plans/terms/offers for players until the very last minute so that other clubs don''t get wind of it and try a few tricks. Remember how we got Huckerby when he was wanted in scotland (celtic?) and by wolves etc - we knew absolutely nothing about it until he was at colney holding up the shirt. That''s the way it has to be unfortunately if we''re to keep other clubs from messing things up.

Also, i''m afraid i don''t buy this "i''d love to stay, i''d take a pay cut, but it''s out of my hands" business. It''s completely in his hands, just as it was in Hulse''s hands to choose WBA, Connolly''s to choose West Ham and Francis'' hands to pick us over Stoke. As has been said above, he can turn down all the others if he wants and then Man C would be forced to listen to our offer. Still, i believe there will be life after Huckerby and lets give him a big hand for what he''s done in the last 3 months at the last home game.

OTBC

I must admit, ever since he first signed, i''ve been saying we''ll never sign him, but with a combination of the points above, we have a real good chance.
a) 1million from sumer on 2 strikers never happened, so 1 million available
b) sales from the new stand at around 250,000
c) he''s prepared to take a pay cut
d) we''ve not publicly said we want him
e) we have about the smallest sqaud in the legue so wages mustbe available
f) bar wigan who else in this league could afford a transfer fee of around 1 million

Think about, we have the best chance out of anyone in this league. I won''t slate the board if we get beaton by a premier league team, but we''ve gotta at least try!!!!

Just a thought, the combined wages of the 8 players who have left the club over the last six months ie emblem -Llywellyn-Nedergaard-Russell(plus a fee) Kenton-Heckingbottom-Nielsen plus the unfortunate Notman plus Roberts is out of contract at the end of the season and it is very unlikely Zema will be offered a contract .Add this togeter and im sure even with Brennan +Francis added to the wage bill we should not be far away from what he wants .Or are we playing a game of poker with Man City waiting to see who blinks first.

It''s certainly starting to look like a game of spoof and, despite what I said earlier, it''s always possible that Man City may decide they want to spin this out until the 1st January, in order to try and bring other Premiership clubs into the equation.

As usual Snake Pit Rebel I have to agree with you,its about time it was sorted one way or the other so we can be put out of our misery.I posted three weeks ago that I thought we would keep all three and I am standing by that statement.I have this feel good factor about our three loanee boys.The Premier is beckoning!

I think the most interesting thing about the whole scenario is the fact the board have suddenly gone quiet on the matter. Remember when Hucks first appeared and after his first few games? The board suggested it probably wouldn''t be anything more than the initial loan. Where are they now? My theory on the whole thing is that the board and Worthy have learnt from the summer, when they publically declared an interest in players, only to fail to sign them. The only ones they didn''t mention? Brennan, Francis and Edworthy. Suddenly, these three were just pictured holding the shirt! Maybe I''m being optimistic, but I think the silence has happened because the board are doing all they can to bring Hucks here permanently. They''ve seen what a public declaration of interest can do, so they won''t say anything. If there was no chance of getting him, they''d have said so by now. The only thing that worries me is that Hucks talked as though nothing was happening - let''s hope even he doesn''t know what''s happening!!