Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

TO MANY LOANS

[quote user="billy bunter"]need our own squad not youth club from the premier league turning up[/quote]

We cant afford our own squad, we have to have loans to bulk out.  I dont know why you are so concerned though.  We have added 3 of decent quality to the ranks, we do the same next summer etc etc. and the need for loans eventually becomes less and less.

The loans will provide competition for places (which is only healthy) and numbers to the squad. We cant afford to go out and buy a full squad but they plug the gap while we are rebuilding.

Get the target man and i will be delighted with the summer!

They not only provide competition, but they are quality loan signings. It''s not like we have just plucked unknowns from nowhere (with the exception of OJ), what would you rather do, risk spending X amounts of money on permanents which don''t come off?

If we cannot afford a squad surely its time for Delia to get out and let somebody have a go who can afford one , quite frankly with all these loans we are a bit of a laughing stock .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we cannot afford a squad surely its time for Delia to get out and let somebody have a go who can afford one , quite frankly with all these loans we are a bit of a laughing stock .
[/quote]

agreed

i say 2 or 3 loans is fair enough

7 or 8 is really a joke

not got the money then sell up, thing is i believe there are funds, not saying millions and millions but believe we have 1-2m in the kitty

but we are stupid enough to blow it on one player (ameobi) if avaialble we should be building a squad

You''re deluded, surely it is better to hedge your bets on quality loan signings, rather than spending 300k each on poor permanent players, how many players like Hoolahan do you seriously thing you can get for that money.

By getting the loans in we can then spend the highest amount on a proven striker, which is what we need, because the team now have a good base to improve on. If we stick a striker who will score us 20+ goals in the season on top of that, then I predict a far more successful season than last year.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we cannot afford a squad surely its time for Delia to get out and let somebody have a go who can afford one , quite frankly with all these loans we are a bit of a laughing stock .
[/quote]

And where is this investment coming from then? Delia has already stated she''d sell...to the right person! This person obviously hasn''t turned up..so she remains in control. Whats wrong with loans?

I think that it is a sad reflection that we lack money to make expensive signings and our academy has failed to produce enough good players over the past 5 years (goalkeepers excepted!), plus, I suppose, the fact that we have signed some dross over the past four years which has now been cleared out and left a very small squad.If either had been different I suspect that we would have made more permanent signings and be on course to assemble a good side over a few years.

We are no more a laughing stock then the majority of clubs in this division and lower.  It is a fact of life in football now that loans are used to increase a squads strength of depth and potentially discover a gem for a season (Ched as an example).  There are only a few exceptions to this rule in this league and these are the likes of QPR with their billionaire owner and unfortunately that club down the road.

At present we don''t have enough depth and quality our team and the youngster are not showing the right drive to succeed, I therefore welcome these loans and hope they turn out like the cheds and bertrands of last season.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]You''re deluded, surely it is better to hedge your bets on quality loan signings, rather than spending 300k each on poor permanent players, how many players like Hoolahan do you seriously thing you can get for that money.

By getting the loans in we can then spend the highest amount on a proven striker, which is what we need, because the team now have a good base to improve on. If we stick a striker who will score us 20+ goals in the season on top of that, then I predict a far more successful season than last year.[/quote]what he said

[/quote]

Thats complete balls and you know it.  We have added 4 players of real quality to the squad, by the end of the transfer window that could well be 5 or 6.  Surely you saw that the quantity policy of Peter Grant was an absolute disaster. 

If we can add a couple of pemanents in January and another 4 next summer we will start to be where we want to be with a solid base of decent footballers.  Eventually our reliance on the loan market will become less and less.

The trouble with people like you is that you expect everything now.  Explain where the club is going to find the £8m or so + signing on fees and wages to replace the 12 players that we released.  I think we are going down exactly the right road at the moment, proof of the pudding will be Saturday wont it.

(I wait for the Peter Cullum/where has all the money gone style rants)

The number of players we have on loan is too many, but I would rather have quality players in on loan than get permanent ones in for a fee and longer contract.

Roeder said there were plenty of "bad players" he could easily sign, I am glad he recognises that and hasn''t-plenty of bad players have come here in recent years.

I''d rather we were in a position to have outstanding youngsters come through and for us to be sending them out, not the other way around, but that is how things are, loans are becoming more and  more common in football and it happens at all levels, Tevez has been on loan at Man Utd & Blackburn have just got someone in on a two year loan deal.

Many clubs have got lots of loan players in, and, as the years progress, I think you will find most clubs have as many loan players as they do permanently contracted ones.

Maybe not satisfactory but inevitable.

[quote user="Take me home...Carrow Road"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we cannot afford a squad surely its time for Delia to get out and let somebody have a go who can afford one , quite frankly with all these loans we are a bit of a laughing stock .[/quote]

And where is this investment coming from then? Delia has already stated she''d sell...to the right person! This person obviously hasn''t turned up..so she remains in control. Whats wrong with loans?

[/quote]  The right person turned up the best we could have wished for but Smith has no intention of letting anybody else have this club end of , as for loans we are using way more than any other team which makes us look like the only side in this division that cannot afford its own players .Add to that most of them are young kids who will never cope with Championship football and all we have to look forward to is another year struggling to stay up , if we do go down it will all be the fault of Smith .

[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]We won the league with loans. Remember?[/quote]

Er - No actually.

Harper had gone back after a few months as had Crouch. Huckerby was bought, as was Leon and Svennson. Only loan with us at the end of the 2003/2004 season was Kevin Cooper (from memory).  

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Thats complete balls and you know

it.  We have added 4 players of real quality to the squad, by the

end of the transfer window that could well be 5 or 6.  Surely you

saw that the quantity policy of Peter Grant was an absolute

disaster. 

If we can add a couple of pemanents in January and another 4 next

summer we will start to be where we want to be with a solid base of

decent footballers.  Eventually our reliance on the loan market

will become less and less.

The trouble with people like you is that you expect everything

now.  Explain where the club is going to find the £8m or so +

signing on fees and wages to replace the 12 players that we

released.  I think we are going down exactly the right road at the

moment, proof of the pudding will be Saturday wont it.

(I wait for the Peter Cullum/where has all the money gone style rants)[/quote]

What he said... [Y]

Billy,I think that amongst others, you''ve completed missed how clever this is by Roeder.Ask virtually anyone with an educated knowledge of football and they''ll tell you that the squad that gets you out of the CCC is not normally going to be the squad to keep you in the Premiership. It''s a very different game at CCC level, and unless you have a club with the financial backing like QPR have, then it''s unrealistic and unfeasible to go out and buy the players needed to get you promoted, and to then buy even more to keep you there, particularly as half the players you bought to acheive promotion are not going to be good enough to play regularly in the Prem to keep you there.So, putting this into perspective, Roeder has gone out and made a few shrewd permanent signings - Bell, Clingan, Hoolahan and Dejan - a mix of experience, existing talent and promising play, but is then bolstering the remainder of squad with high quality or promising loan players- hopefully of the required standard to try to get us up, or at least the playoff zone. In the event that we do gain promotion, those players do return to their clubs and we can either look to make a permanent move for some of them if it''s felt worth it, if not, we''re then concentrating on getting in the required players to keep us up, which at this point is likely to be on permanent deals.Imagine the situation we''d have been in if some of Grant''s signings HAD been on permanent deals, would you be happy with the likes of Ian Murray, Strihavka etc clogging up the clubs wages? Remember that Marshall initially came in on loan but was then made a permanent signing, as was Huckerby, and if we''d taken the option - Crouch.Loans give you flexibility with fair potential of signing at a later point, whilst giving you the quality that would normally cost you 3-4 times more on a permanent deal than as a loan.Roeder is playing a masterstroke here if you ask me.

[quote user IndyBones Billy,

I think that amongst others, you''ve completed missed how clever this is by Roeder.

Ask virtually anyone with an educated knowledge of football and they''ll tell you that the squad that gets you out of the CCC is not normally going to be the squad to keep you in the Premiership. It''s a very different game at CCC level, and unless you have a club with the financial backing like QPR have, then it''s unrealistic and unfeasible to go out and buy the players needed to get you promoted, and to then buy even more to keep you there, particularly as half the players you bought to acheive promotion are not going to be good enough to play regularly in the Prem to keep you there.

So, putting this into perspective, Roeder has gone out and made a few shrewd permanent signings - Bell, Clingan, Hoolahan and Dejan - a mix of experience, existing talent and promising play, but is then bolstering the remainder of squad with high quality or promising loan players- hopefully of the required standard to try to get us up, or at least the playoff zone.

In the event that we do gain promotion, those players do return to their clubs and we can either look to make a permanent move for some of them if it''s felt worth it, if not, we''re then concentrating on getting in the required players to keep us up, which at this point is likely to be on permanent deals.

Imagine the situation we''d have been in if some of Grant''s signings HAD been on permanent deals, would you be happy with the likes of Ian Murray, Strihavka etc clogging up the clubs wages? Remember that Marshall initially came in on loan but was then made a permanent signing, as was Huckerby, and if we''d taken the option - Crouch.

Loans give you flexibility with fair potential of signing at a later point, whilst giving you the quality that would normally cost you 3-4 times more on a permanent deal than as a loan.

Roeder is playing a masterstroke here if you ask me.

What he said!! [:D]

Everyone else in the Championship can afford their own squad with lower gates.  Why cant we?? [quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[quote user="billy bunter"]need our own squad not youth club from the premier league turning up[/quote]

We cant afford our own squad, we have to have loans to bulk out.  I dont know why you are so concerned though.  We have added 3 of decent quality to the ranks, we do the same next summer etc etc. and the need for loans eventually becomes less and less.

[/quote]

Rubbish.  We had a settled squad and we added ONE decent loan player to it.  Crouch was not here that long and the guy from Wolves was no better than what we had.[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]We won the league with loans. Remember?[/quote]

Just to re-cap those are the players of real quality that are yet to kick a ball for us in the division and looked as poor as everyone else in pre-season.  So peoples opinions on the quality of our permenant signings is based on the same hot air as they claim the doubters puff.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]If we cannot afford a squad surely its time for Delia to get out and let somebody have a go who can afford one , quite frankly with all these loans we are a bit of a laughing stock .[/quote]

Thats complete balls and you know it.  We have added 4 players of real quality to the squad, by the end of the transfer window that could well be 5 or 6.  Surely you saw that the quantity policy of Peter Grant was an absolute disaster. 

If we can add a couple of pemanents in January and another 4 next summer we will start to be where we want to be with a solid base of decent footballers.  Eventually our reliance on the loan market will become less and less.

The trouble with people like you is that you expect everything now.  Explain where the club is going to find the £8m or so + signing on fees and wages to replace the 12 players that we released.  I think we are going down exactly the right road at the moment, proof of the pudding will be Saturday wont it.

(I wait for the Peter Cullum/where has all the money gone style rants)

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]Everyone else in the Championship can afford their own squad with lower gates.  Why cant we??

[/quote]

Not everyone else in the championship has had to build a new stand (which ended up costing about half the price of other teams'' new stadiums).  Quite a few of the teams in the championship have gone into administration at some point.  And quite a few of the teams in the championship have recently been taken over by people gambling on getting Premiership status to get their money back and then some (QPR, Wolves, Derby, Them) and can no longer be considered viable businesses.

Am I close to answering your question ? [:)]

I disagree.If we DON''T go up then we send back half our team and have to start again.  Rebuilding again, strangers coming in and having to gell.  Also other clubs will see we are STILL begging for a squad and wil up prices on our permanent targets.Contrary to the toss posted on here, most clubs that go up from this division have a settled spine to their team which they pad out with the odd loan to bolster the squad.  [quote user="Indy_Bones"]Billy,I think that amongst others, you''ve completed missed how clever this is by Roeder.Ask virtually anyone with an educated knowledge of football and they''ll tell you that the squad that gets you out of the CCC is not normally going to be the squad to keep you in the Premiership. It''s a very different game at CCC level, and unless you have a club with the financial backing like QPR have, then it''s unrealistic and unfeasible to go out and buy the players needed to get you promoted, and to then buy even more to keep you there, particularly as half the players you bought to acheive promotion are not going to be good enough to play regularly in the Prem to keep you there.So, putting this into perspective, Roeder has gone out and made a few shrewd permanent signings - Bell, Clingan, Hoolahan and Dejan - a mix of experience, existing talent and promising play, but is then bolstering the remainder of squad with high quality or promising loan players- hopefully of the required standard to try to get us up, or at least the playoff zone. In the event that we do gain promotion, those players do return to their clubs and we can either look to make a permanent move for some of them if it''s felt worth it, if not, we''re then concentrating on getting in the required players to keep us up, which at this point is likely to be on permanent deals.Imagine the situation we''d have been in if some of Grant''s signings HAD been on permanent deals, would you be happy with the likes of Ian Murray, Strihavka etc clogging up the clubs wages? Remember that Marshall initially came in on loan but was then made a permanent signing, as was Huckerby, and if we''d taken the option - Crouch.Loans give you flexibility with fair potential of signing at a later point, whilst giving you the quality that would normally cost you 3-4 times more on a permanent deal than as a loan.Roeder is playing a masterstroke here if you ask me.[/quote]

Not sure about ''quite a few'' teams going into administration, but I have not checked and Im sure someone will tell me how many.I would still say that we are the only team that is not run by a millionaire,  or any of the other reasons you have given, who is relying on loans just to put 11 players on the pitch come Saturday?

quote user="JC"]Everyone else in the Championship can afford their own squad with lower gates.  Why cant we??

Not everyone else in the championship has had to build a new stand (which ended up costing about half the price of other teams'' new stadiums).  Quite a few of the teams in the championship have gone into administration at some point.  And quite a few of the teams in the championship have recently been taken over by people gambling on getting Premiership status to get their money back and then some (QPR, Wolves, Derby, Them) and can no longer be considered viable businesses.

Am I close to answering your question ? [:)]

Didn''t Stoke get promoted last season with a multitude of loans? Where would you rather be - promoted to the Prem with a team of loanees or stuck in the Championship (or worse) with mediocre permanent signings because of a small budget.

No brainer if you ask me.

[quote user="JC"]I disagree.

Contrary to the toss posted on here, most clubs that go up from this division have a settled spine to their team which they pad out with the odd loan to bolster the squad.  [/quote]Which is exactly what we went up with if I remember correctly. An established nucleus bolstered by three loans pre Christmas one of whom signed permanently and provided the impetus for a promotion challenge.Fulham showed exactly what can go wrong when the going gets tough, half the team on the pitch that day knew it was their last game for the Club one way or other and just when we needed it most they capitulated. I really think we need a nucleus who are in it for the long term not a per season basis.

[quote user="JC"]Rubbish.  We had a settled squad and we added ONE decent loan player to it.  Crouch was not here that long and the guy from Wolves was no better than what we had.

[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]We won the league with loans. Remember?[/quote][/quote]

Exactly.  At this time we dont have a settled squad which is why we need loans.  In a couple of seasons we will have and then you will only see on or two of quality.  Have you forgotten how many mediocre players were released last year.