Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Andy D'Urso

I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but this is the email I sent to the football league:

Dear Sir/Madame

I have never in 15 years of supporting Norwich City complained to the football league for any of their decisions so this should show how strongly I feel about this situation. I am very angry with the football league on announcing Andy D''Urso as the referee for the first game of the season against Coventry.

It is well known that he is in fact an Ipswich fan and has in the past been unbelievably biased against our team during the last six or seven seasons. Most notably last season when he was the only person who thought Lee Croft handled the ball in the last minute when it was infact so obviously a Bristol City player, this incident led to Bristol City grabbing a late winner.

I understand that referees do make genuine mistakes, but D''Urso has always given bad decisions to the opposition teams when refereeing an Norwich game, hence he is an Ipswich fan!!! And it is just not me who is upset by this:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1341548/ShowPost.aspx

If you are stubborn and do not change the referee for this game and this leads to him having another terrible game, then I will find a way of taking further action against the football league to make sure it never happens again.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but this is the email I sent to the football league:

Dear Sir/Madame

I have never in 15 years of supporting Norwich City complained to the football league for any of their decisions so this should show how strongly I feel about this situation. I am very angry with the football league on announcing Andy D''Urso as the referee for the first game of the season against Coventry.

It is well known that he is in fact an Ipswich fan and has in the past been unbelievably biased against our team during the last six or seven seasons. Most notably last season when he was the only person who thought Lee Croft handled the ball in the last minute when it was infact so obviously a Bristol City player, this incident led to Bristol City grabbing a late winner.

I understand that referees do make genuine mistakes, but D''Urso has always given bad decisions to the opposition teams when refereeing an Norwich game, hence he is an Ipswich fan!!! And it is just not me who is upset by this:
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1341548/ShowPost.aspx

If you are stubborn and do not change the referee for this game and this leads to him having another terrible game, then I will find a way of taking further action against the football league to make sure it never happens again.

[/quote]

Nice one mate

[quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]

[:|][:$]

[quote user="ncfclad"]

Well I have no idea how to take further action, but the threat seemed to work!

[/quote]

I should think the Football League are cacking themselves.

Andy is replaced by Colin Webster who, handily, lives in Tyne and Wear and will be able to give Shola a lift down.................

no body has asked the question of "why"?

Is D''urso reffing elsewhere? such as the Suffolk Counties league?

jas :)

What''s with all this ''D''Urso is a Binner'' lark that keeps flying about on this mesage board?

I can categorically state that he''s not. My Dad worked with him at BT for years, they were fairly good mates ''til they went their seperate ways. Though i think that game at home to Huddersfield contributed to the end of that friendship! ;o)

Can''t remember who he does actually support, though i think it may''ve been one of the Sheffield sides, but it certainly wasn''t the Binners. My Dad wouldn''t have given him the time of day if he had supported them!

Either way, it''ll be good if he''s not ''reffing'' tomorrow. He''s bloody useless.

[quote user="ncfclad"]It is well known that he is in fact an Ipswich fan [/quote]

You''re gonna be mighty embarassed about your letter when you realise

you''re bang wrong there... he isn''t rubbish for us because he''s a

binner, he''s just simply rubbish at his job, full stop.  Most clubs in the country hate him for it and I''d imagine the Binmen probably think he''s a Norwich fan!

according to carrow road.net binner d''urso has been changed for tommorrows game

"We understand that a change in the officials for tomorrows opening game at Coventry has been made, Andy D''Urso has been replaced by Colin Webster.

We have no idea why because, as usual, there''s no one in the Football League press office to answer the phone. However we are lead to believe that it is not resulting from a complaint by Norwich.
A spokesperson in the Football League refs department didn''t know why the change had been made, but there again she probably wouldn''t.

Colin Webster is from Tyne and Wear so perhaps he''s giving Shola a lift "

A couple of fans on here last week said he is an ipswich fan, thats what made me write the email.

[quote user="ncfclad"]A couple of fans on here last week said he is an ipswich fan, thats what made me write the email.[/quote]according to wiki he is a cortinadriving whitestillettowearing gavinandstaceyextra - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_D%27Urso

[quote user="ncfclad"]A couple of fans on here last week said he is an ipswich fan, thats what made me write the email.[/quote]

Personally I don''t think he is an Ipswich fan but not a particularly good ref either. Colin Webster has been pretty fair on Lincoln but he''s not very exciting.  Close to the end of his career at pro level, nice bloke ("I try to let the game flow if I can because if you keep stopping it will kill the pace.")

According to the current handbook lives in Shotley Bridge but you can''t have everything.

"Swear words don''t bother me.  Heat of the moment so far as I am concerned.  Won''t take spitting and I warn them about that in the dressing rooms.  I always pop in, wish them luck...something I did at junior level in the Northern league. It''s not in the book but that''s me.  Just head round the door, not a speech."

D''urso is the most hated ref to EVER come to PR, I know his father well and he tells me that D''urso also hates Ipswich! He actually supports Spurs, so I wouldn''t listen to silly rumours if I were you!!  But if your email stops him from reffing our matchs in future then thank you very much indeed!!