Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Coventry City v Norwich City - official match thread

I see that ''no hard feelings'' Leon, removed his shirt, and with humble aplomb celebrated low-key after scoring against his previous club.

Absolutely Pathetic.We are clearly playing an awful side that have actually got some decent strikers. We have a bunch of cheap clowns!Cureton is absolute shite why is he still on!

lol well you have to thank the board for their money don''t forget, they dug deep in their own pockets [:S]

Seriously, if this first game is anything to go by then I really don''t have much hope for us again this season.  I know we have to give the team a chance to gel, but if we can''t beat Coventry we don''t have much hope lol

A couple more games like this and I wonder if people might start calling for Cullum!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Lupoli sounds Sh*t.... Kroma sounds good..we need to spend big money though....

jas :)

[/quote]What are you on?? Lupoli was pulling the strings in the first half and just lacks a bit of match fitness.OJ sounded decent, quick but often offside.Holahan sounded brilliant, despite the result a lot of positives from this game. Don''t let grumpy Neil Adams get you down. With his classic comment, "not enough shots. Lupoli, OJ, Holahan and Croft had shots and thats just the second half, but not enough shots" What is that man on?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]A couple more games like this and I wonder if people might start calling for Cullum![/quote]

Been saying that for weeks Salahuddin, however there will be some fans that will be happy with mediocrity, I for one am not, I couldn''t stand another season like last.  I don''t think it will be too long before the fans get very restless if the team play like they did today for the next 6 or 8 games.

BBC Sport...Elliott Ward''s coolly taken penalty set Coventry on the way to a deserved win over Norwich at the Ricoh Arena. [img]http://new.pinkun.com/cs/emoticons/emotion-18.gif[/img]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]A couple more games like this and I wonder if people might start calling for Cullum![/quote]

Been saying that for weeks Salahuddin, however there will be some fans that will be happy with mediocrity, I for one am not, I couldn''t stand another season like last.  I don''t think it will be too long before the fans get very restless if the team play like they did today for the next 6 or 8 games.

[/quote]

We played well, away from home! The stats show we dominated but didn''t convert the chances which will be put right when the target man gets here. We also had a clear cut penalty turned down by the sounds of things. I''m not ready to comit suicide just yet!!

[quote user="Iwan is God"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

We played well, away from home! The stats show we dominated but didn''t convert the chances which will be put right when the target man gets here. We also had a clear cut penalty turned down by the sounds of things. I''m not ready to comit suicide just yet!!

[/quote]

lol good for you, but playing good football wont get you goals, as today proved, we played cracking football but won nothing.  In my mind it''s the same old Norwich as last season, different players same problems.

Totally disagree with "We are yellows 49"  yes we played them off the park by the sound of it and yes lacked a finish but come on, plenty of time left. Time for a group of players to become a TEAM. I am also not ready to throw myself on the sword after one away game.

sounds more like Same old moaners, different season, same comments.

[quote user="The Original Yellow Fever"]

Totally disagree with "We are yellows 49"  yes we played them off the park by the sound of it and yes lacked a finish but come on, plenty of time left. Time for a group of players to become a TEAM. I am also not ready to throw myself on the sword after one away game.

[/quote]

You forgot,

The same old result

Personally I''m not too disheartened by todays result. We played really well away from home, admittedly we didn''t score. But for a team with that many new players coming in, to perform like that is very encouraging. It does seem to be the same old problem of us trying to ''walk the ball in'', but Roeder will obviously have seen that and will address it. With the new ''target-man'' coming in (whoever it may be), I can see this team gelling together nicely in the coming weeks, and the results start rolling in. The future''s bright, the future''s Yellow!OTBC

[quote user="The Original Yellow Fever"]

[/quote]

And were you saying the same last season?  And the season before that?

And how many months do we give the players to gel?

I am a realist, but if that makes me a moaner then sobeit. 

I will support the canaries through thick and thin and have done for over 40 years, but it doesn''t mean I can''t comment good or bad on my team.