Sign in to follow this  
BunnyB

Will Mckenzie get it?

The evening news has done an article on wheather Mckenzie will get a harsh reception fron the traveling city fans. I just wondered if you are going will you boo him or applaud him or what rely? I think he should get applauded because to be fair he didn''t move for the money as he explains in the article and we all know he had fanily problems down here but will be interesting to hear peoples veiws on himArticle here

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Will he be picked ?[/quote]Well i remeber Colman saying he was their secret weapon or something I should think he will and he isn''t injured

I would hope he''d get a good reception from the travelling Canaries. He was messed about by Worthy being in and out of the side and with Earnshaw as the main striker it looked like he wouldn''t be getting many starts. A shame he left as he was a consistent scorer. His first touch was similar to that of a brick wall but there was no doubting his work-rate and commitment nowhatImean.

Surely he will deserve a great reception, his committment to the cause was exceptional, he won us games when it got ugly with important goals and he lifted the team on quite a few times by himself due to his hard work and attitude.. I always thought it was a great shame he went, wouldn''t you rather him than Jamie Cureton!!!???  Im the premiership he didnt look like a donkey and forged a decent partnership alongside Ashton... Scored 2 against the scummers on his debut and was rallied the popular song for it... Surely after all of this, theres a nice reception for him?? IMO he was under-valued and wish he was still here tbh...

Leon was awesome...............double on Derby Day was out of this world. The goal against Man utd was so memorable - he was inspiriational amd hard as nails.

people shouldnt forget what he did for us.. his contribution towards promotion and some vital goals in the Premiership... I Like Leon and hope he gets the reception he deserves....

jas :)

The evening news has done an article on wheather Mckenzie will get a harsh reception fron the traveling city fans. - BunnyB

Is he popular with the Coventry fans?  Has he done much for them since he''s been there? As for Norwich fans, he seemed like a pretty solid player for us, so why resent him?

Fickle.......... He wanted to leave because his head was''nt right, wish i could of used that one at work when me and the missus split up!! suppose he was on £6 grand a week, i was on £200 a week!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Fickle.......... He wanted to leave because his head was''nt right, wish i could of used that one at work when me and the missus split up!! suppose he was on £6 grand a week, i was on £200 a week!![/quote]

Well you choose to work at McDonalds, If you went to school and tried harder you may earn that sort of money...you pr@t

Not a very politcally correct song, but funny none the less.

Could care about him, hopefully I will be singing about the Norwich players etc.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Fickle.......... He wanted to leave because his head was''nt right, wish i could of used that one at work when me and the missus split up!! suppose he was on £6 grand a week, i was on £200 a week!![/quote]

Perhaps he worked hard to be good enough at something to be in demand ... just perhaps ...     

It''s crass and unfunny. Quite simply he doesn''t deserve that abuse, he always gave 100% for us. Laughing at other peoples'' misery should be reserved for the binners.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

The evening news has done an article on wheather Mckenzie will get a harsh reception fron the traveling city fans. - BunnyB

Is he popular with the Coventry fans?  Has he done much for them since he''s been there? As for Norwich fans, he seemed like a pretty solid player for us, so why resent him?

[/quote]

wow i never said I resented him i didn''t air my opinion I was asking for others and I agree with most people on here he was a good servent to the club while he was here so i don''t beleive he should be bood either

You might like to think that the pension we are all supposed to retre on is half that amount of £200 a week. Amazing to think we are expected to enjoy retirement on half the minimum wage. McKenzie always worked hard for his money. Gave me a lot of pleasure watching him.

[quote user="AndyJR"]One things for sure - he will run around a lot.[/quote]And pump up the crowd, clench his fists, pull out the panto routine.Scum game aside, his memorial should read:Leon McKenzie.  Hard working but crap.

I was just using the quote, didn''t mean to imply I thought YOU figured he deserved any guff from travelling City fans.

Nobody has answered by questions though, and I was serious when asking them.

I never thought he was that good, but I certainly wouldn''t boo him. He always worked hard and tried to get the rest of the team motivated. I would boo Marshall and I also wanted to boo Ashton at last year''s friendly v West Ham.

[quote user="jbghost"]He always has had a poor reception from us so why should it change. Now how does that song go.... He scored against the scum, thats all he''s ever done!![/quote]

I don''t think so, as he has not played against us since he left us.

He was at the Ricoh and Carrow Road the season he moved but was not allowed to play as part of the transfer deal. He left us well and truly in the brown stuff by refuding to play for us and moving right on deadline day, Deserves the stick.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="AndyJR"]One things for sure - he will run around a lot.

[/quote]

And pump up the crowd, clench his fists, pull out the panto routine.

Scum game aside, his memorial should read:

Leon McKenzie.  Hard working but crap.

[/quote]

Stoke, Everton, Middlesboro, chelski, Man yoo.... Hard Working, scored goals it was it should say.

jas :)

Im not planning on going on saturday. But i sure hope he gets a good reception. Always worked hard for his team which is more than you can say for some of our recent players. Gave us some good memories as people have said - Ipswich away double, Manchester Utd, Scoring in the comeback of Middlesbrough etc ...