Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

BET ON COV TO WIN

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Well, at least one Canaries ''fan'' going to be happy we''ve lost. - jetstream

Yes.  He also placed a wager on Germany to carry WWII to hedge his bets.  Early on, it looked good, too.  What a nob. Inexcusable. 

[/quote]

Not really happy but £874 will certainly come in handy. Will take my lady friend out for a nice nosebag with champaigne tonight. [H]

Houston you have a problem. You''re not English. LOL!!

[/quote]I see....Nutty does Dixmar racing take monoploy money?

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

Yes.  He also placed a wager on Germany to carry WWII to hedge his bets.  Early on, it looked good, too.  What a nob. Inexcusable. 

[/quote]

Not really happy but £874 will certainly come in handy. Will take my lady friend out for a nice nosebag with champaigne tonight. [H]

[/quote]

I see....

Nutty does Dixmar racing take monoploy money?
[/quote]

The monopoly money would probably be fake too!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I see....Nutty does Dixmar racing take monoploy money?[/quote]

The monopoly money would probably be fake too!

[/quote]Or imaginary? or maybe Canary"Fan" is telling the truth but he forgot he bet with Zimbabwean Dollars instead....

Let me ask you a question...............If you could go back in time with the knowledge that Norwich will lose 2 nil today. Would you bet against them then? - thecanaryfan

No, I would not.  I have character and standards.  I thought I made that clear.  Winning money under those circumstances is not satisfying enough for me to be a traitor.  It obviously is for you, though.

As for the other nob commenting about me, the Dynamo have won the last 2 MLS Championships while NCFC spent much of that time climbing out of the relegation zone.  Maybe you should waste your time researching information on someone who you can actually bother instead of making an azz of yourself in the failed attempt.

I frequently bet on the other side. The reason:

Betting on your own team to win just jinxs Norwich.

If we win, I am happy to lose money

If we lose, at least I win a few quid to help drown the sorrows.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Let me ask you a question...............If you could go back in time with the knowledge that Norwich will lose 2 nil today. Would you bet against them then? - thecanaryfan

No, I would not.  I have character and standards.  I thought I made that clear.  Winning money under those circumstances is not satisfying enough for me to be a traitor.  It obviously is for you, though.

As for the other nob commenting about me, the Dynamo have won the last 2 MLS Championships while NCFC spent much of that time climbing out of the relegation zone.  Maybe you should waste your time researching information on someone who you can actually bother instead of making an azz of yourself in the failed attempt.

[/quote]

Thats fairly foolish but I suppose I do admire your will to the cause Houston. In a way my bet was never about money. It was more a two fingered gesture to the board who have once again robbed the fans of a decent team. A team that matches the ambition of the fans. Their continued failure to properly invest in the team has caused me years of heartache. I merely took advantage of that.

[quote user="rascal"]

[/quote]

exactly lol. what a load of rubbish about something that hardly even matters. IT IS UP TO HIM.

And quite frankly houston - your last comment was simply pathetic. Of course if you knew norwich would loose you would bet everything on it. knowing whatever you put on you would always win you would never have to wor again. Have some ridiculous ammount of money. Holidays all the time, whatever house, car etc you want. To say you wouldn''t do it is an absolute joke and a complete lie...

Of course you and rascal are right my friend. But I would imagine the problem most posters have with this particular "bet" is the fact that it was the subject of yet another canaryfan thread to wind up real canaryfans[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Of course you and rascal are right my friend. But I would imagine the problem most posters have with this particular "bet" is the fact that it was the subject of yet another canaryfan thread to wind up real canaryfans[:|]

[/quote]

You got wound up by the fact I placed a bet? And you think Im tetchy! LOL.

[/quote]

Ahh sorry didn''t realise he allways winds people up. It''s just annoying me seeing so many people go madly over the top because somebody put a bet on. I dont get the big deal to be honest..

[quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Ahh sorry didn''t realise he allways winds people up. It''s just annoying me seeing so many people go madly over the top because somebody put a bet on. I dont get the big deal to be honest..

[/quote]

Dont apologise to him mate. I have never wound you up have I? Obviously not because you werent aware of it. Haha. The difference between yourself and Nigel is you dont take yourself too seriously and he does. He gets wound up be my measly betting actions, you dont. Please dont apologise to him for that.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dont apologise to him mate. I have never wound you up have I? Obviously not because you werent aware of it. Haha. The difference between yourself and Nigel is you dont take yourself too seriously and he does. He gets wound up be my measly betting actions, you dont. Please dont apologise to him for that.

[/quote]

No offence, but you really remind me of a weasel. [:)]     

Is thecanaryfan a binner? I''m still trying to track it down but I''m sure that he said something on another thread that would indicate he is not a real supporter of NCFC.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha ha, now I know Iv''e certainly wound you up! [:S]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha ha, now I know Iv''e certainly wound you up! [:S]

[/quote]

Lol!! [:D]

[quote user="rascal"]

[/quote]

Indeed, I generally bet against my team/country/invidual im following. If I have a good experience watching sport I end up paying for it, if I have a bad experience watching sport im compensated for it. Simple as that. An example was that in the last rugby world cup id always bet on England getting knocked out, and bet more and more each time to cover any losses. Therefore one of two scenarios would happen: - A - I make money - B - I lose money but we win the world cup, a priceless moment. Incidentally I was 100% cheering for option B.

The only rules are that ill only bet if I think the odds are attractive, and ill never bet enough to make me want the money over wanting my team to win!

Dont quite see why everyone is getting so heated up, frankly some of the comments on here are absolutely pathetic. Betting against your own team whilst at the same time wanting them to win isnt a bad thing, rooting for them to lose is a different matter. 

[quote user="rascal"]

[/quote]

Indeed, I generally bet against my team/country/invidual im following. If I have a good experience watching sport I end up paying for it, if I have a bad experience watching sport im compensated for it. Simple as that. An example was that in the last rugby world cup id always bet on England getting knocked out, and bet more and more each time to cover any losses. Therefore one of two scenarios would happen: - A - I make money - B - I lose money but we win the world cup, a priceless moment. Incidentally I was 100% cheering for option B.

The only rules are that ill only bet if I think the odds are attractive, and ill never bet enough to make me want the money over wanting my team to win!

Dont quite see why everyone is getting so heated up, frankly some of the comments on here are absolutely pathetic. Betting against your own team whilst at the same time wanting them to win isnt a bad thing, rooting for them to lose is a different matter. 

And the final irony to this tale is that I had spoke to a friend whos a Coventry fan and I told him I thought we would lose 2-0. If I had my usual fiver id have gone for that, however im saving money for travelling so gambling is off the menu. So by not betting against norwich ive lost out on a valuable £40 or so! But natually im far more gutted that we lost.

Trent, I think you are missing the point here. It''s not the fact that the bet was placed only the fact that yet another ridiculous thread was made about it. You are right, nobody cares if people bet against their team.

You wouldn''t care that I sold my nan would you? Even when I sold my nan for 2 tickets at Portaloo Road for the Preston game. But if I started a thread about it to wind up real canaryfans I''d have to take the stick I got back. My outcome wasn''t as happy as the OP''s though. Preston won, the game was boring and my nan has cut me out of her will.

Nigel - Apologies I havent read the whole thread or your individual posts, most of the posts ive read were criticizing betting against your own team rather than the thread (And when I say pathetic posts im mainly referring to some far more obvious candidates rather than yourself) But yes would agree a thread entitled "Bet on Cov to win" is asking for trouble..

[quote user="bunny"]Is thecanaryfan a binner? I''m still trying to track it down but I''m sure that he said something on another thread that would indicate he is not a real supporter of NCFC.[/quote]

Still searching Bunny? LOL!! Pathetic.

Trent, I think you are missing the point here. It''s not the fact that the bet was placed only the fact that yet another ridiculous thread was made about it. You are right, nobody cares if people bet against their team.

You wouldn''t care that I sold my nan would you? Even when I sold my nan for 2 tickets at Portaloo Road for the Preston game. But if I started a thread about it to wind up real canaryfans I''d have to take the stick I got back. My outcome wasn''t as happy as the OP''s though. Preston won, the game was boring and my nan has cut me out of her will.

[/quote]

I think this post is:

a) Hypocritical

b) Condescending

c) Desperate

And quite frankly houston - your last comment was simply pathetic. Of course if you knew norwich would loose you would bet everything - Ipswich Are Scum

No, I would not have.  I don''t want to never have to work again for one.  I don''t have enough to make that sort of bet where the payoff would be as much as you speak of.  I have character and support my team, even though I do get bothered by some of the stupid things they do, or even worse, don''t do.

If I was in a desparate position in dire need of money, then maybe I''d take the bet, but not just so I could have a few pints after the team lost.  It boggles my mind that people can take consolation in losing by pounding a few ales that end up being free due to a wager.  Those ales would make ME puke.  As I stated before, that sort of money is not money I want.

The reaction of several of you to me taking a stand on this issue probably comes back to the haters not having any sort of faith in their lives.  As such, the almighty quid replaces whatever else there may have been. 

I don''t care about super fancy cars, and would not get one if I came into a huge sum of money. Because I like to be useful, I would not quit working and be on permanent vacation. You don''t know me Ipswich, so don''t accuse me of lying with nothing but your own weak standards to base it on. Not everyone is like you, at least not where I''m from.

Ipswich Are Scum, if I found your wallet stuffed with a million quid laying on the street, I would give it back to you.  I would feel like crap if I did otherwise. If you found my money-stuffed wallet laying in the street, you''d have a party and enjoy it.  Which one of us has a good moral character?

How can you compare finding somebody elses money and taking it to winning a bet. Money you earn on a bet is money you have earnt yourself. Money you find is somebody elses and yes I would give it back as I couldn''t handle the guilty feeling of THIEVING somebodys money. Winning a bet is not THIEVING. And if you somehow went back in time to before yesterdays game you would put money on it. Whatever you say. It''s very easy to stand their and say ''I would never do that just for money''. But if it came to reality, suddenly money would be alot more powerful than you expected.

Ipswich Are Scum, if I found your wallet stuffed with a million quid laying on the street, I would give it back to you.  I would feel like crap if I did otherwise. If you found my money-stuffed wallet laying in the street, you''d have a party and enjoy it.  Which one of us has a good moral character?

[/quote]

If I found your wallet I would return it to you, stuffed with money or otherwise. And Im sure Ipswich Are Scum would do the same. You are basically saying that a person is a theif because he/she places a bet. Im not stealing from you, the club, or the bookies by placing a bet against the team I support. You need to get down from your moral high ground and flag a cab for real street mate.

tcf and IAS., you guys are too thick to get my point, it seems.  I have referred to character being important to me, and gave a simple example of my own.  You equate finding a lost wallet with thievery while completely missing the point.  Apparently you both do have a modicum of character as you insist you''d also return the wallet, but I guess it is just impossible for you to understand what I mean by character if you think it is fine to place bets against your own team or your friends or your family because somehow money won when they lose compensates you for the loss. 

I don''t know how to put it any more simply than that.  I don''t want dirty money and money bet AGAINST the Canaries is dirty money to true, dyed-in-the-wool, loyal fans.

Say coventry were 1-0 up and norwich had pen in 93rd minute just for draw

would you want them to score it or miss it for 800quid???

tcf and IAS., you guys are too thick to get my point, it seems.  I have referred to character being important to me, and gave a simple example of my own.  You equate finding a lost wallet with thievery while completely missing the point.  Apparently you both do have a modicum of character as you insist you''d also return the wallet, but I guess it is just impossible for you to understand what I mean by character if you think it is fine to place bets against your own team or your friends or your family because somehow money won when they lose compensates you for the loss. 

I don''t know how to put it any more simply than that.  I don''t want dirty money and money bet AGAINST the Canaries is dirty money to true, dyed-in-the-wool, loyal fans.

[/quote]

I dont know if you have any character Houston. But you certainly are one! Chill out dude.