Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Sir Bobby

[quote user="jim blair"]

Whilst looking to see how the poll was going this morning found this..brings it all into prespective.Respect sir Bobby

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=News&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=IPED07%20Aug%202008%2008%3A59%3A54%3A640

[/quote]

Great man, my mothers friend was his mistress a few years back when he had marital problems, and I meet him a few times a lovely warm, genuine man. I still rate him as one of the best managers of all times apart from a dodgy period he had with some 2nd rate team from an area of East Anglia we don''t talk about.

Much respect Sir Bobby, and god bless him and his family at this difficult time

Respect indeed.  My earliest football memories include the World

Cup at Italia ''90 at an age where the Ipswich connection wasn''t

clear.  Good man...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Respect indeed.  My earliest football memories include the World Cup at Italia ''90 at an age where the Ipswich connection wasn''t clear.  Good man...
[/quote]

Ditto EM. A top guy.

Once met Sir Bob in Sardinia during the build up to the 1990 World Cup. A top man, he was quite happy to spend a few minutes chatting with me (wearing a City shirt and having had probably had a bit too much to drink!!) about Englands chances in the tournament.

Certainly does put things into perspective.

Respect.

Respect to Sir Bobby. Appears to be a good and dignified man.

I will overlook the Ipswich connection.......just this once.

Always seems a genuine good bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve. Difficult to find anything not to like about him, even though he tried by managing that lot down the road.Very sad.

My Dad has met Sir Bobby when he worked at the hospital.. he shook my dads hand, asked his name and asked to be called Bobby.. my dad was just a car park attendant at that time getting a bit of extra money... when bobby was done Visiting at the N and N he went over to my dad again, shook his hand and thanked him for all his help and wished him well

what a proper Gentleman!

I think we should start a national campaign to get a Bobby Robson stand at Wembley... he is one of the games great managers....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

My Dad has met Sir Bobby when he worked at the hospital.. he shook my dads hand, asked his name and asked to be called Bobby.. my dad was just a car park attendant at that time getting a bit of extra money... when bobby was done Visiting at the N and N he went over to my dad again, shook his hand and thanked him for all his help and wished him well

what a proper Gentleman!

I think we should start a national campaign to get a Bobby Robson stand at Wembley... he is one of the games great managers....

jas :)

[/quote]

Agreed. Top top man.

Sad news indeed.

A true gentleman and legend. Still doing good things even though he is facing the final whistle.

Good idea Jas about naming the Wembley stand.

I once annoyed Bobby Robson, which I always treated as a feather in my cap. But he wasn''t too grand to strike up a conversation with me in the first place, and I always had a sneaking respect for him for that.

A man for whom I have always had the utmost respect,not least because his love of the game itself transcended anything else.One of the few genuinely honest people in the game ,to my mind.

You only have to think back to the reaction he got at Sports Personality of the Year to see how much respect and esteem he is held in by his fellow professionals.  A great guy and so sad that he is slipping away.

top man,dont care about any ipswich connection,he is a true legend. for me well deserves to be called sir

[quote user="Be Smart "][quote user="jim blair"]

Whilst looking to see how the poll was going this morning found this..brings it all into prespective.Respect sir Bobby

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=News&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=News&itemid=IPED07%20Aug%202008%2008%3A59%3A54%3A640

[/quote]

Great man, my mothers friend was his mistress a few years back when he had marital problems, and I meet him a few times a lovely warm, genuine man. I still rate him as one of the best managers of all times apart from a dodgy period he had with some 2nd rate team from an area of East Anglia we don''t talk about.

[/quote]

Was that really necessary?  Poor taste under the circumstances imo.

[quote user="Fat Strawberry"][quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

Was that really necessary?  Poor taste under the circumstances imo.

[/quote]

Agreed most unecessary.

A true gentleman and ambasador of the modern game. He was a father figure to Gazza in the world cup and one of the best managers - a true legend.

The memory of the 1990 World Cup and the team coached by Sir Bobby Robson.....will remain with me for the rest of my life. One of the finest and most exciting football competitions I have witnessed.....(Bar watching our victory in 66, whilst sat on my Dad''s knee).

Mucho Respecto to Sir Bobby, a very fine Gentleman - and true ambassador for the game.