Sign in to follow this  
Hayden

Get a Grip

I don''t post often anymore but read with amazement how quickly things change on this message board. Persoanlly I think Roeder has made some good signings and we will be stronger this season than last and will be able to build as the season progresses. We lose one game last night (ok it was Spurs and it was 5-1) and you are all screaming and shouting and slagging players off. UNBELIEVABLE. It was a pre season game, it meant nothing and the Spurs guys (especially Bent) had a point to prove to Robbie Keane etc so were well fired up. That Spurs side had been together a while whereas Norwich had a lot of new signings. Looking at other pre season games do you think Notts Forest fans are going "We are going to win the league" as they drew with Everton recently? or Everton fans (who are heading into Europe) are going SACK MOYES!!! as they can''t even beat newly promoted Championship side??? of course not. Newcastle lost to Doncaster and so on and so on. Arsenal won 10 - 1 last night.....they must surely be nailed on to win the European Cup then??? They are friendlies against mismatched teams with different agendas. What if Norwich shut up shop last night and played for a draw?? or not tried anything new?? You would all be going "Whats the point, we might as well of gone for it" etc etc. The point of friendlies is to learn to play together without fear of the result. Ok we got hammered but I bet Roeder learned more about his players last night than if we had drew 1-1 and both teams played in a reserved fashion. Spurs are class on their day. Don''t worry about it

Seriously, get behind the team, allow the new players to bed in and I am confident in what Roeder is trying to do. Its the best side we have had in ages.

[quote user="Hayden"]

I don''t post often anymore but read with amazement how quickly things change on this message board. Persoanlly I think Roeder has made some good signings and we will be stronger this season than last and will be able to build as the season progresses. We lose one game last night (ok it was Spurs and it was 5-1) and you are all screaming and shouting and slagging players off. UNBELIEVABLE. It was a pre season game, it meant nothing and the Spurs guys (especially Bent) had a point to prove to Robbie Keane etc so were well fired up. That Spurs side had been together a while whereas Norwich had a lot of new signings. Looking at other pre season games do you think Notts Forest fans are going "We are going to win the league" as they drew with Everton recently? or Everton fans (who are heading into Europe) are going SACK MOYES!!! as they can''t even beat newly promoted Championship side??? of course not. Newcastle lost to Doncaster and so on and so on. Arsenal won 10 - 1 last night.....they must surely be nailed on to win the European Cup then??? They are friendlies against mismatched teams with different agendas. What if Norwich shut up shop last night and played for a draw?? or not tried anything new?? You would all be going "Whats the point, we might as well of gone for it" etc etc. The point of friendlies is to learn to play together without fear of the result. Ok we got hammered but I bet Roeder learned more about his players last night than if we had drew 1-1 and both teams played in a reserved fashion. Spurs are class on their day. Don''t worry about it

Seriously, get behind the team, allow the new players to bed in and I am confident in what Roeder is trying to do. Its the best side we have had in ages.

[/quote]

Don''t tar us all with the same brush...

On another note... We''re all dooooomed!!!

I seem to remember we lost 3-0 to Spurs in an extremely one sided friendly before our Championship winning season.........people need to settle down

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]I seem to remember we lost 3-0 to Spurs in an extremely one sided friendly before our Championship winning season.........people need to settle down
[/quote]

No we can''t settle down ROB, we are going to finish bottom with minus ten points because we aren''t going to get any points and go into admistration in mid September. WE''RE ALL DOOMED!!! (All because of one result ];)])

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]I seem to remember we lost 3-0 to Spurs in an extremely one sided friendly before our Championship winning season.........people need to settle down[/quote]

No we can''t settle down ROB, we are going to finish bottom with minus ten points because we aren''t going to get any points and go into admistration in mid September. WE''RE ALL DOOMED!!! (All because of one result ];)])

[/quote]don''t panic Mr Mannering!

I stand by those who have critisied Patterson - I did a post a few months ago asking if people thought he was a good signing.

the general consences was that he was a 5\10 last season, and yet to prove his value.  Most people said that they would give him the benifit of a full pre-season before making a full assessment and last night did not help his cause.

I still don''t think his performaces have justified his £500k price tag.