Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Put cameras on City stand

Well, what a distance this board has come since the first version appeared- well done all at the Pink Un.

Since we have a break from City footie for a bit, what does the "community" here think of moving the TV cameras over to the City Stand. Watching the last game live on TV I thought that from the Jarrold stand the City stand just looks pathetically small and gives the impression we are a small town club taking on the big boys in some David v Goliath cup tie.

The new stand is vey impressive and even more so when the corner is done. The view from the City stand with all that yellow and green in the Jarrold would make a much more positive impression.

Incidentally, are they going to do the corner between the Barclay and the Jarrold to finish things off?

it would be good to have cameras all around the ground so u can show replays from every angle.

(just asking can any of us see our own pictures or is mine just not coming up?)

As far as I''m aware they are still going to put a hotel in between the Barclay and Jarrold stands.  Hopefully that should start to happen in the next few months so the club can have a bit more cash. 

I suppose the only problem with moving the cameras over would be that if we continue our success, the club (much to the Wiz''s delight I''m sure ) will put another tier on top of the city stand.  I agree though Tumbleweed, when you see the city on the box stand it does make the ground look pretty small

I''m all in favour of cameras on the City Stand....a few on that side would partially vindicate Graham Poll''s pathetic excuse for the late whistle after Lauren pulled down Huckerby.

If I''m watching Sky, I tend to turn the volume down and tune in to Roy and Neil who IMO are far better. I reckon it would be better if we watched games on TV from this stand just so we didn''t have to see Normandy and Norfolk towers on the horizon over the City Stand!

Correct me if I''m wrong, but in Champions league and other large games, don''t they have cameras all around the ground but present the match from the side above the dugouts?

They cant put TV cameras on the City stand - the gantrys arent there! Maybe once the second tier is put on they will put in some that side as well, but generally they have cameras opposing the tunnel (so they can see the players coming out ) and I wouldnt think theyd go all round the stadium. You never know though!

As Kent Canary says, there is no facility to put cameras on the City Stand even if we wanted to move them there. I agree with you though Tumbleweed, the City Stand does look tiny on tv from the high view from the Jarrold Stand. But that''s because it IS a tiny stand! A second tier should have been built as part of the original construction. It shows just how hard up the club was back then.But if the tv cameras "give the impression we are a small town club taking on the big boys in some David v Goliath cup tie" then judging by our league position after playing 3 of the Premiership''s Goliaths then that is about right.

There are cameras on the river end, I agree having cameras around all around tehg round.

Altough surely having a small stand full of city supporters is better than having a load of away supporters on screen!!!!!!!