Sign in to follow this  
chocolate nutter

My sons first Norwich game!!!!

Taking my 5 yr old to his first Norwich game on saturday a strange yet exciting moment for me as i can remember my dad taking me to my first game at the same age!!!!!, How i can remember that but not remember what i have done yesterday i just don''t know!!!.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experince????

Definately! I remember my first game, a 2-1 victory over Chelsea.in about 1982 My Dad took my brother and I, went through the southstand turnstyle and said, "one please and these two on my lap".

Now then, did I lock the door this morning..........

Thanks i''m sure he will as all he has been talking about for the past 2 wks is this saturday!!!!

Hope we put on a good show as i want him to enjoy it ans stay loyal rather then turn to Man Utd or Chelsea!!!!

I was also 5 when i attended my first Norwich game.We lost one nil to Fulham unfortunatly but it was great fun

Fantastic, I remember taking my kids to their first Norwich game and going through the stands and what they were called and why, who the men in orange coats were, why the away fans sat in a different place, etc etc. Both of them loved football from the first match. It did help that the year was 1992.

I hope you have a great time and your son is talking about it for months (or until his next match).

I''m taking my girls to their first game Saturday as well, they''re 5 too! Hoping it''ll be a good atmosphere for them, though no swearing please! [:P]

dad took me to my first game against wigan carling cup 1998-99 i believe and we won 2-0 and i don''t know how i remember that considering i was asleep for half of it tbf i was 6 i had a hard day at school and the kick off was at 7:45 the times i was awake we scored so i was awesome :)

my dad took me to my first game in 1972/3 i was 8 we played crystal palace last game of the season and we needed to win or draw to avoid relegation palace needed to win to avoid the same fate we won 2-1. crowd was almost 35000, my dad got home from work late and we got in the south stand which was all standing as match kicked off at 7.30 i was lifted up and the men passed me all the way to the front over peoples heads to stand with all the young boys, never saw my dad again til after the game, was bloody terrified, hardly missed a game since

I''m taking my girlf to her first game, shes 24, so im hoping for good game. My first was in ''83 i think, against west ham or villa, i only remember the colour of the shirts and i was bored after 15 mins and couldn''t see the game cos i was too short, so my uncles had to take me home.

[quote user="chocolate nutter"]

Know exactly what you mean. I wrote a book all about my early life living on a Stud farm in the Midlands and going in to the army travelling where the army took me but have problems remembering a footballer''s name,

Taking my 5 yr old to his first Norwich game on saturday a strange yet exciting moment for me as i can remember my dad taking me to my first game at the same age!!!!!, How i can remember that but not remember what i have done yesterday i just don''t know!!!.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this experince????

[/quote]

[quote user="C.T "]Thankfully we''re playing col-utd so we should win (no offence Cam)[:)]

I hope he enjoys his game
[/quote]

No offence taken C.T.   I think there are several U''s Dads taking their children for the first time as well - one of them said it was a "nice safe place" to take them  for the first time.  Let''s hope it is enjoyable and that we both stay injury free.

I won''t be bothered about the score but you and Bilbao are important games for us because we''ve only played non League and League Two and we need to see how we hold up against better class players.

I''m not sure what sort of a team we are going to put out yet because we''ve got three key players with slight strains and I doubt we''ll risk them if they are not fully recovered.  That includes our keeper at the moment and if he doesn''t play you''ll be able to take pot shots at young Mark instead.  We generally completely change our team at half time but it''s quite possible they''ll get a longer run against you (it''s hard to second guess our Manager).