Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Re: 15 minutes to Roeder's 48 hour deadline isn't it?

Or was it 10pm? I may be proven wrong as yet :) And hopefully I am! Another 2 hours of hope left if so!

Unless he gave the interview 15 minutes into the first half, I''d say no it isn''t... [:P]I''m sure it was just a rough timeline, they''ll probably be in tomorrow......

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]And no striker... hmm... Maybe Glenn''s left his watch to the Swedish time zone and forgot to change it on the way back home![/quote]

Are Swedish hours longer than English ones? lol... sorry couldnt resist...

I have no idea to be honest lol

I did say in a previous match thread i knew nothing about time zones! :)

(i say hoping i would be right haha)

Hopefully he will come through tomorrow anyway

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]I have no idea to be honest lol I did say in a previous match thread i knew nothing about time zones! :) (i say hoping i would be right haha) Hopefully he will come through tomorrow anyway[/quote]

For what it''s worth (which isn''t much) we got the impression from the Press Office this morning that they genuinely did not know whether there would be anything today - I think they said something like "waiting on a call from Glenn".

If there are documents to be faxed back and forth I know the FA are staffed till midnight at this time of the year but I do think something is imminent. 

Roeder''s exact wotrds were reported as: “There''ll be one in the next 48 hours who will be six foot tall but you wouldn''t think of him as a big striker as such he''s just a beautiful mover, a fantastic mover"

My money is on that Hungarian Laszlo Koteles being confirmed tomorrow. Of course some of you are thinking he''s a big ''Keeper - but I think he could be more than that. He could just be a beautiful mover, a fantastic mover - and we get two positions filled for the price of one!.

(Roeder also apparently said that "Doherty is bad news". Could have phrased that better).

[quote user="Binky"]

Roeder''s exact wotrds were reported as: “There''ll be one in the next 48 hours who will be six foot tall but you wouldn''t think of him as a big striker as such he''s just a beautiful mover, a fantastic mover"

My money is on that Hungarian Laszlo Koteles being confirmed tomorrow. Of course some of you are thinking he''s a big ''Keeper - but I think he could be more than that. He could just be a beautiful mover, a fantastic mover - and we get two positions filled for the price of one!.

(Roeder also apparently said that "Doherty is bad news". Could have phrased that better).

[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

What makes you think that camu?

[/quote]

According to the Star they think the Portsmouth link is a goer - it seems to have come via ''Arry talking about something else.  I am not saying there will be anything tonight because I don''t know but we got the impression that there is something pending.  It''s the "keep looking at the website" answer which tends to give away something pending.

Dam, I was going to do a run for 5 hours, now I have an excuse to stay in and check the net like a sad old man every 10 minutes

Too right, if he spent time working on the football side instead of doing stupid radio interviews.[:D]

I will start to panic when we havent got a striker in by the middle of next week - it is clear from Glenn''s comments that we are looking and I doubnt he will allow himself to look daft by not getting reinforcements in that position.  It would be nice to get whoever they are in though so they can get integrated with the rest of the squad before Coventry.

Some of the responses I''ve seen  to this "48 hour" quote are pathetic. It was a rough time scale, something said in a post-match interview. Was Roeder supposed to predict the exact time this guy will sign?

It sounds all but a done deal, I expect there''ll be an announcement today or tomorrow.

P.S CUSDP, this is not aimed at you, I got your super Thursday morning fun joke!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]But on FM the transfers are so

simple and when they say deals are close they are! Sack Roeder for

taking his time![/quote]

Damn straight, I don''t understand how it could take him so long to get

them in - make a bid, confirm offer, press continue a couple of times,

and hey presto you''ve got your answer! Done in minutes!

Incidentally, Earnie scored 5 goals in a game last night, new club record! [:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Its not the signing of players which worries me, but Hoolahan excepted, they''ve all been cheap, give-away crap!.[/quote]

Well you''ve just confirmed to me that you know nothing about football.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Its not the signing of players which worries

me, but Hoolahan excepted, they''ve all been cheap,

give-away crap!.[/quote]

Much like your input onto these boards? [;)]

Rather worryingly both The Pinkun and Evening News are claiming that we have had a 500k bid for Howard turned down. I hope this is not the 7-14 day target!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Rather worryingly both The Pinkun and Evening News are claiming that we have had a 500k bid for Howard turned down. I hope this is not the 7-14 day target![/quote]

I think Howard would be a useful squad member for £500-600K, but I wouldn''t pay much more for him. And like most of us, I''m hoping the infamous "7-14 day man" is someone a little more exciting!

No, its Cuffley recycling rumours again... seriously, this guy is such a hack!

Find out some real info rather than sitting there reading the tabloids and making a whole story out of it! FFS [:@]

[quote]Find out some real info rather than sitting there reading the tabloids and making a whole story out of it! FFS [/quote]

...Or he could just PM Camuldonum ? [:)]