Sign in to follow this  
Cottaging Canary

Roeder on Talksport.....

GR was on Talksport this morning.......anyone hear this? I had to leave for work, just wondering if anything interesting or new was revealed at all? The show is on for another hour so it''s possible he may not have actually been on yet.

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]GR was on Talksport this morning.......anyone hear this? I had to leave for work, just wondering if anything interesting or new was revealed at all? The show is on for another hour so it''s possible he may not have actually been on yet.[/quote]Afraid I get the over whelming desire to vomit when I hear TalkSport Greenwich Canary, and as such did not hear it.  [6]

Given the pro-Ipswich [and therefore anti-Norwich] stance of Talksport, in particular Brazil/Townsend/Cundy, I''d say they had Roeder on air with the sole intention of poking fun.

I have a tendency to have it on in the kitchen in the mornings. Tommo''s Tips [and the Mister Ed theme] are my signal to leave the house to go to work, so it''s become an integral part of my routine.

In the mornings, I need low-brow listening before I spend the rest of the day being a pioneer/genius.

[quote user="mrdi"]Given the pro-Ipswich [and therefore anti-Norwich] stance of Talksport, in particular Brazil/Townsend/Cundy, I''d say they had Roeder on air with the sole intention of poking fun.[/quote]

I''ve never heard Townsend be disrepectul to the club and as a former canary why would he be? He''s about the most objective of their announcers.

I''ve never heard him say anything positive about Norwich either. But then again, after his ''performance'' when he came back with Chelsea [and the barracking he got from the Barclay], why would he?

[quote user="bristol_canary"]you listen to talksport, therefore you must be a binner!!![/quote]

That''s right, I am. I thought it would''ve been obvious from all my previous posts. In particular my dewy-eyed reminiscances of our glorious yesteryears.

[quote user="Feathers"]I didn''t hear it but I hope he gave right-wing douche John Gaunt a kick in the balls as he left.[/quote]

Why? Gaunt says publicly what much of the population thinks (albeit they are often to timid to say so!).

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Greenwich Canary"]GR was on Talksport this morning.......anyone hear this? I had to leave for work, just wondering if anything interesting or new was revealed at all? The show is on for another hour so it''s possible he may not have actually been on yet.[/quote]

Afraid I get the over whelming desire to vomit when I hear TalkSport Greenwich Canary, and as such did not hear it.  [6]
[/quote]

Indeed. The morning line up of Brazil and Gaunt is enough to put anyone off their breakfast.

Mike Parry''s quite a subtle broadcaster, though. Er...

Clearly Townshend as an ex-canary should not be put in the same category as Brazil and Cundy!! I hate this radio station more than any other, absolute rubbish.

I hate it too but someone could answer this poor guys question. He''s obviously missed his favourite show and just wanted to find out what was said. However, I doubt that many Norwich fans listen to those binners!

[quote user="AndyJR"]The amount of adverts is staggering.

[/quote]

True but no more than any other commercial radio station. I do like old porky parry and gaunty.

[quote user="C.T "]George Galloway is my favourite presenter on there.

Interesting political beliefs (I dont always agree ) and always speaks

meaningfully [Y][/quote]

Explains why you look up to Wiz......

Finally, some support! I could listen to it all day, Brazil can be annoying but like you say, he rarely mentions the scum. Gaunt and Parry are great.........and yes, the ads can be a little irritating.

Thanks Evil for semi-answering my question.

[quote][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle,MBE, Lord of the Haymarket"]

True but no more than any other commercial radio station. I do like old porky parry and gaunty.

[/quote]me too.....very entertaining

Is anyone going to bother answering the OP''s original question or simply blather on about whether or not they rate talksport???Unfortunately I didn''t catch it, so I can''t help, but please can someone get this thread back on track.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Is anyone going to bother answering the OP''s

original question or simply blather on about whether or not they rate

talksport???Unfortunately I didn''t catch it, so I can''t help, but please can someone get this thread back on track.[/quote]

I think we can safely assume that only the one person really listened to it, to whose thread I posted the link...

[quote user="mrdi"]

In the mornings, I need low-brow listening before I spend the rest of the day being a pioneer/genius.

[/quote]

I find Alice Cooper on planet rock is much better for that...

[quote user="mrdi"]I''ve never heard him say anything positive about Norwich either. But then again, after his ''performance'' when he came back with Chelsea [and the barracking he got from the Barclay], why would he?[/quote]

Actually Andy Townsend said he thought "Norwich was a fantastic club" on Sundays show.

[quote user="crafty canary"]

[quote user="mrdi"]Given the pro-Ipswich [and therefore anti-Norwich] stance of Talksport, in particular Brazil/Townsend/Cundy, I''d say they had Roeder on air with the sole intention of poking fun.[/quote]

I''ve never heard Townsend be disrepectul to the club and as a former canary why would he be? He''s about the most objective of their announcers.

[/quote]

He oncel said ''on the ball city'' was the most boring song sung at a football ground, and every time we started singing it he got embarrased.