Sign in to follow this  
soccer

stronger in numbers than last year but not any better

we have more numbers in than lasy year but doesnt mean any better team. look at the midfeilders we brought not many goals between them and cureton hit and miss last year ur thoughts.

I think it''s impossible to tell until we start the season proper - Although the friendlies are interesting, until we get 6 competitive games under our belt, it''s all guess work.

i thonk the team will be loads stronger than last year, the only 2 good players that have gone is huckerby and dublin the rest were kids,

How are we stronger in numbers? We lost 17 players at the end of last season, and Roeser''s brought in 8. That''s 9 less than last season.

I think JC showed much more confidence v spurs, and, although I doubt he will be a part of the first team once roeder brings in a new target man, I think he will be a good off the bench performer.

So Bell is no better than Croft, and Kennedy no better than Shacks? I disagree, I think Roeder''s done a fnatastic job this summer on a very tight budget and I think we will be chanllenging in the top half next season.

You''re completely wrong - we''re shorter in numbers but better in quality. Where are you basing your thoughts upon? Would be interesting to see where your point of view is coming from.

KB

[quote user="King Beef"]

You''re completely wrong - we''re shorter in numbers but better in quality. Where are you basing your thoughts upon? Would be interesting to see where your point of view is coming from.

KB

[/quote]

I believe its called His Arse

[quote user="Bucketman"][quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

I very much doubt they actually know where their point of view is coming from themself..... [:^)]

[quote user="Bucketman"][quote user="King Beef"]

KB

[/quote]

[/quote]

In which case it the idea of him sharing his views on where it comes from no longer sounds all that appealing!

KB

No.PositionPlayer
1Flag of ScotlandGKDavid Marshall
2Flag of EnglandDFJon Otsemobor
3Flag of EnglandDFAdam Drury
4Flag of EnglandDFJason Shackell
6Flag of SerbiaDFDejan Stefanović
7Flag of EnglandMFLee Croft
8Flag of Northern IrelandMFSammy Clingan
10Flag of EnglandFWJamie Cureton
11Flag of EnglandMFLuke Chadwick
12Flag of IrelandDFGary Doherty
13Flag of EnglandGKDeclan Rudd
14Flag of IrelandMFWes Hoolahan
16Flag of ScotlandMFMark Fotheringham (captain)
17Flag of IrelandMFDavid Bell

No.PositionPlayer
18Flag of ItalyFWArturo Lupoli (on loan from ACF Fiorentina)
19Flag of ScotlandMFSimon Lappin
20Flag of EnglandMFDarel Russell
21Flag of EnglandDFRyan Bertrand (on loan from Chelsea)
22Flag of EnglandDFElliot Omozusi (on loan from Fulham)
24Flag of South AfricaMFMatty Pattison
26Flag of EnglandMFRobert Eagle
28Flag of IrelandMFMichael Spillane
30Flag of EnglandFWKorey Smith
33Flag of ScotlandFWKris Renton
35Flag of EnglandFWChris Martin
36Flag of EnglandMFDamon Lathrope
37Flag of EnglandFWLuke Daley
--Flag of ScotlandDF

John Kennedy (on loan from Celtic)

By the time Roeder has brought in the 2 strikers he wants we''ll have a squad of 31, take out the kids and Lappin and thats a strong group of 23/24,  the defence and midfield looks strong to me but it will take time to click and if Roeder gets in the right men up front i think the attack looks fairly strong, Lupoli was a class act at Derby and Cureton is always capable of nicking a goal so all in all i think this years squad is much better than that of last year