Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

It will be no skin off City's nose........

.............to give Zema a chance, by extending his contract to at least the transfer window in January 2005.

After all [a] Worthy signed him so he must have seen something he liked, [b] we paid 350,000 for him, [c] City have stood by him whilst he fought back bravely from two terrible injuries, [d] he is 27-28, tall & powerful, [e] he was doing well at the start of last season before his second injury.

It might just be that given a couple of starts his luck changes, his confidence soars and he suddenly fulfills that potential that Worthy obviously must have seen.

After all what would have happened if Archie Macauley had given up on Terry Bly?

Let''s give the lad a fighting chance. He deserves it, and I think that Worthy owes it to him.

OTBC

I can go along with that. what the hell have we got to lose, we didn''t get another striker so give him a go.. it will only cost another couple of months wages and they must be there. and before we knock ten bells... out of the idea...just what... if he clicks...

Yep - if there was no one who was subtantially better than Zema available then there was not point wasting cash, was there. Perhaps he can come in and surprise us all and prove his worth. Can''t see it happening though, sadly. 

I agree that we should keep him, but continue to loan him out to build up his match fitness and to assess whether he could come back and do a job for us. Or at least to put him in the shop window so that we could sell him and recoup some of the money paid for him.

You never know... a glut of injuries and he''ll be in the first team squad.

Agree with all the points made above. I have always felt that given a run of games Zema could turn out to be a handy squad player. It must have been awful for the bloke to suffer the first injury, get over that one, then do exactly the same thing to the other leg. I would hope that Worthy will extend his loan for another couple of months so that he can get back to full fitness, score some goals and build up his confidence, at a smaller club where there will not be so much pressure on him.

his wages a hellva lot lower than some of the strikers that have been branded about as targets..  take Jansen at Rovers £25k p/w for a guy who hasn''t hardly played....perhaps one of the  reasons he is not pulling on a city shirt next week... nor a Preston one neither...

have to agree-absolutley nothing to lose.i think everyone would like to see him do well after his problems in my heart though i just don''t see him as prem standard.

i will be sick if he turns out to be a great player if we get rid of him:

so far quite a few players have:

Sutch
Roberts
Rivers
Sinclair........             

sorry, but from what i have seen of zema,  he is never going to make the grade, he struggled in division one and needs to improve considerably to make the team now

I''d like to see Zema given a chance. At least untill January anyway. Our failure to sign a striker before deadline day means that if we pick up a few injuries then Zema could well be the target man we desperatly need.

Bearing in mind Worthy felt we needed an additional striker I think it would be sensible to extend his contract for a further 4 months as

1  he is a cheap option

2. he provides cover should any of the better strikers gets an injury or suspension.

His ability to perform at prem level is questionable, at div 1 level less so except for how he has recovered from his injury.  If we get relegated next season perhaps he can prove himself if we lose some of our recent signings.

If Worthy gets the striker he wants in Jan we can then let him go.

OTBC  

I''m sorry if I sound a little harsh but IMO it would be ludicrous to keep a player who is blatently not going to cut it at the level we are playing now.  If Worthy was thinking about extending Zema''s contract surely he wouldn''t have bothered looking for another striker and kept Zema here?  Instead Abbey has dropped 3 divisions to go on loan to Boston.  The gulf is massive.  Why waste cash on wages?