Sign in to follow this  
steve b

Ameobi

Roger mumby said when we signed Lupoli that shows the boards ambition, well why don''t they show some real ambition and offer Newcastle 2.5 million for Ameobi so he could play up front with lupoli

[quote user="steve o"]Roger mumby said when we signed Lupoli that shows the boards ambition, well why don''t they show some real ambition and offer Newcastle 2.5 million for Ameobi so he could play up front with lupoli[/quote]Because, most probably like me, Roeder doesn''t think Ameobi is worth 2.5 million.

Presumably, as well, if Ameobi really is keen on coming here, he could sign a pre-contract agreement in January.

[quote user="steve o"]Roger mumby said when we signed Lupoli that shows the boards ambition, well why don''t they show some real ambition and offer Newcastle 2.5 million for Ameobi so he could play up front with lupoli[/quote]

how can that show ambition when he will bugger off after 1 year, some signings have been good but none i would say show real ambition. if we had lupoli full time then maybe

it would show ambition by paying some decent money for a decent striker, if it got us promoted then he wouldn''t bugger off like you say,

Because it''s common knowledge that Roeder is waiting for Newcastle to drop their valuation, which they inevitably will as the window closure draws nearer. I reckon we''re going to snap him up for nearer to £1.5m.

In Roeder I trust.

KB

i trust Roeder 100% and i hope he is waiting and will get him for 1.5 million, i just don''t want to miss out as i feel someone will come in very soon and take him.

[quote user="steve o"]

i trust Roeder 100% and i hope he is waiting and will get him for 1.5 million, i just don''t want to miss out as i feel someone will come in very soon and take him.

[/quote]

I understand your concerns but I think seeing as we both trust Roeder we need to back him on this. Glenn got the best out of Ameobi at Newcastle and it has been said recently that Shola is keen to link up with Roeder and Clark. Maybe there''s been a verbal agreement somewhere I don''t know, but I certainly don''t think Glenn is stupid enough to haggle for so long with the risk of losing his main and most significant summer target.

KB

i have mentioned that to some of my mates that i think Ameobi might have had a chat with Roeder and agreed to sit tight to drive the price down, it''s just frustrating with a week to go, i want all my toys now.

[quote user="steve o"]i have mentioned that to some of my mates that i think Ameobi might have had a chat with Roeder and agreed to sit tight to drive the price down, it''s just frustrating with a week to go, i want all my toys now.[/quote]Problem is Newcastle are very aware that our ''ghost'' bids for other players are merely to add pressure...to infer that we''ve moved on.... Trouble is £3m is nothing to them to defend their principles. I doubt they''ll come back with a lower last minute price.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="steve o"]i have mentioned that to some of my mates that i think Ameobi might have had a chat with Roeder and agreed to sit tight to drive the price down, it''s just frustrating with a week to go, i want all my toys now.[/quote]Problem is Newcastle are very aware that our ''ghost'' bids for other players are merely to add pressure...to infer that we''ve moved on.... Trouble is £3m is nothing to them to defend their principles. I doubt they''ll come back with a lower last minute price.[/quote]If the rumours that Keegan has been told to lower the wage budget he could sell players on the cheap toward the end of the window.

[quote user="steve o"]Roger mumby said when we signed Lupoli that shows the boards ambition, well why don''t they show some real ambition and offer Newcastle 2.5 million for Ameobi so he could play up front with lupoli[/quote]

Well they could of course show some true ambition and allow Glenn to actually spend some money.

Whereas I''m not going to call our signings ''runts'', and I''m going to wait until I have seen them perform before making any comment as to how good they look. We desperately need even more players in with more quality, and you get quality by spending some cash.

Not necessarily, 1st Wazzock - free transfers are often only free because the player has let his contract lapse, rather than because they are not any good.  Clingan is an example of this - his club desperately wanted to keep him and have spent c£5m this summer so are clearly ambitious.  So it doesn''t follow that you only get quality/show ambition by spending lots of cash - but it can help.

At the end of the day, I think the players we have brought in so far are better than the ones they are replacing (other than Hucks) but whether this is true or not and how things are going to pan out none of us can tell in advance; calling the signings ''runts'' and coming to kneejerk, and dare I say stupid, predictions based on a friendly result against a Spurs side in a different class to us don''t even warrant a response - and it is rather disappointing that so many have.

[quote user="King Beef"][quote user="steve o"]

[/quote]

I understand your concerns but I think seeing as we both trust Roeder we need to back him on this. Glenn got the best out of Ameobi at Newcastle and it has been said recently that Shola is keen to link up with Roeder and Clark. Maybe there''s been a verbal agreement somewhere I don''t know, but I certainly don''t think Glenn is stupid enough to haggle for so long with the risk of losing his main and most significant summer target.

KB

[/quote]

Oh....you don''t ??? he did it with Martin Taylor

And do you not think that had we beaten Spurs the Percy''s would of been on here telling us its because Roeder is the best thing since sliced bread and the new players are truly brilliant ? of course they would have . As for Clingan maybe Forest wanted to keep him for back up , some of their fans say hes ok some say hes useless , and just where did you hear their Board were desperate to keep him ? i would guess if they can spend £4 million on strikers they could have made Sammy an offer he couldnt refuse .

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Not necessarily, 1st Wazzock - free transfers are often only free because the player has let his contract lapse, rather than because they are not any good.  Clingan is an example of this - his club desperately wanted to keep him and have spent c£5m this summer so are clearly ambitious.  So it doesn''t follow that you only get quality/show ambition by spending lots of cash - but it can help.

At the end of the day, I think the players we have brought in so far are better than the ones they are replacing (other than Hucks) but whether this is true or not and how things are going to pan out none of us can tell in advance; calling the signings ''runts'' and coming to kneejerk, and dare I say stupid, predictions based on a friendly result against a Spurs side in a different class to us don''t even warrant a response - and it is rather disappointing that so many have.

[/quote]

I''m not actually going to disagree with any of this, especially all the people who responded to the poster who has ADHD.