Sign in to follow this  
Brum Uni Canary

Football games

Just interested to know....how many people play FIFA 200x/Pro Evo/Champ. Manager/Total Club Manager etc...and on what platform. I never had a console, but my trusty(?!) PC does the job. 

I bought FIFA 2004 (my first FIFA for 6 years) really because it had Norwich on it. The kits aren''t exactly faithful reproductions in the lower leagues, so I am hoping that 2005 will yield a better kit and hopefully proper faces and hair-dos (Would be nice if they included Jim Brennan''s blond streak from last season!). I am saying this cos I was fairly bored today and decided to make the new away kit with an editor and am quite pleased with the result.

pro evo is definately the best football game on the ps2. the new 1 coming out in october has got norwich on that aswell so that is good. the game play is so much better and scores are not unrealistic like 10-0. (unless u have it on 1 star or something stupid!)

thats the game for me.

Always Pro Evo over Fifa for me. I got both last season and to start with liked both. But Fifa doesn''t give that much back after you''ve played it for a while other than another season with more points to be won. Pro Evo you can keep playing for years and thats no joke. Editing Pro Evo is far too addictive however, especially at this time of year when all the transfer deals are going on.

Must admit I used to be a fifa man but over the last few years it is pro evolution for me it has not got many problems in my eyes and I think they must of had a real problem improving pro evolution 3    I think aswell the new Pro evolution soccer 4 will be xbox live so you will be able to play against people from all over the world online

The new champ manager game comes out in october and i thought it would be good to see if there is any Norwich fans who fancy sorting out a game online against each other although there could be a few arguments on who will be Norwich !

ive always had fifa!!!!!!!!

but i might get both pro evalution and fifa 2005 this year (as norwich are in premier).
(both these being on ps2) Pro evalution always looks too arcady to me but im going to give it a try.

I also play Champ Manager 01/02, ive also had many from the seris, this of course being on pc

Have always been a FIFA man, recently bought Pro Evo 3 to see what all of the fuss was about - I''m sorry, the lack of teams and proper player names annoys the hell out of me!  And even on the PC you can''t simply type a name in, you have to choose it from lists of letters, console style.

With regards to management games, Champ Man has always been head and shoulders above everything else since Champ Man 93/94 on the Amiga.  But now the software company Sports Interactive have now left Eidos, and while Eidos are releasing Champ Man 5, Sports Interactive are releasing a rival, Football Manager 2005.  Now what are we to do?

Wait for the reviews is by guess!! Champ manager sure is great- I started a new game recently and have Norwich up to 10th position in late November. I have only added one signing in Hidalgo (striker) and the rest is unchanged from real life. Now wouldn''t it be nice if the same happened in real life?!!!

And Pro evo poops all over FIFA IMHO. with the exception of the abysmal commentry. I really hope this is sorted for the new one along with proper English leagues.

I don''t own a PS2 (always been a Nintendo man myself) but have to admit that Pro Evo 3 is the don of football games on the computer!  We have it at work at you will always find me in the staff room on my break getting my arse kicked by someone!  I''m rubbish by the way!

What are people going to buy in a couple of months though- Champ Man or Football Manager 2005?  As it has the old Champ database I might be tempted to go for FM2005...

Oh the joys of uni....my flatmates are all FIFA people, which was great for multiplayer and LAN games, so I expect we will buy FIFA 2005. There is so much you can edit, particularly as I hear a Creation Centre is finally going to be included. Wouldn''t mind a stadium editor as well!!!

I was reading about the SI/Eidos split the other day. It should be interesting to see the different results they produce. Personally, I favour SI with Football Manager because they will have the definitive database. I haven''t actually played CM since Christmas, but I seem to remember Norwich were 3rd in Prem and took a clean sweep of domestic and european cups in the season 2008!
My only gripe about past CM games is the space they take up not only on the HDD but also memory. Our home comp struggled with 00/01, my laptop was ok but you can only have 1 country running, but my new P4 runs everything no problems.

Yeah I know what you mean Brum.  Champ does take up a huge amount of RAM on my laptop.  I''ve got 256 at the mo and before I go back to uni I''m going to put another 512 on there.  That should hopefully speed it up a bit and mean I can use more than one program

NB:  I do do some work at uni!  I promise

Pro Evo is the daddy when it comes to football games. But be warned, it is VERY addictive. Fifa is a solid footy game to have in reserve, and has a more authentic presentation. Fifa is much easier though, which is fine when your mates are round and you want to hack down each others players to your hearts content when the scoreline reaches 9-8.But Pro Evo is where the real football is played.

graffix:

seem to unreal for me on pro 3

fifa win this bout......

Gameplay - seems better on pro 3

fifa - well its not too bad, looks promising in 2005

Sound - Pro 3: LAme comentry and muffled crown

Fifa:  realistic crowd, great comentry

Overall game: Pro 3 - gets the point across but too many false name, who knows we might have david huukenberry and Gary bolt on our hands again........

Fifa - good! All real name, officially liscened to the premier league, what more do we want??? Expect a great detailed norwich team in fifa 2005!

Conclusion: Well after all that id have to say Championship manager 4 wins!!
             (maybe the next game will have 3d mini players rather than dots!)

[quote]Oh the joys of uni....my flatmates are all FIFA people, which was great for multiplayer and LAN games, so I expect we will buy FIFA 2005. There is so much you can edit, particularly as I hear a Creati...[/quote]

SI will be the better game - Eidos will have their hands forced to ''dumb down'' the game so it shifts units, rather than be any good.Incidentally, you can see some of the work in progress on Football Manager (the SI one) on their web site.

doesnt pro evo not have the licenses though? because on the demo it had named Liverpool "mersyside red". Which put me off completely, and the gameplay seemed pretty much the same as FIFA 2004 so i got that

[quote]doesnt pro evo not have the licenses though? because on the demo it had named Liverpool "mersyside red". Which put me off completely, and the gameplay seemed pretty much the same as FIFA 2004 so i got...[/quote]

im afraid they dont........

EA SPORTS is officialy liscenced to the english premier league (check the norwich programe)
So unfourtuantly we are going to have these names (i got these from a website:

Bruxelles (Anderlecht) 
Praha (Sparta Prague)
North London (Arsenal) 
West Midlands Village (Aston Villa) 
Lancashire (Blackburn) 
West London Blue (Chelsea) 
Merseyside Blue (Everton) 
West London White (Fulham) 
Yorkshire (Leeds United) 
Merseyside Red (Liverpool)
Lloyd (Manchester City)
Trad Bricks (Manchester United)
Tyneside (Newcastle United)
North East London (Tottenham Hotspur)
East London (West Ham)
Azur (Monaco)
Bourgogne (Auxerre)
Aquitaine (Bordeaux)
Rhone (Lyon)
Languedoc (Marseille)
WE United?????????
PES United??????????
Amsterdam (AJAX)
Glasgo rangers (Celtic)
Athletico Madrid

so it looks like fifa is going to be best this year.......

Names can be edited, gameplay can not - this is why Pro Evo is the Number One football game.There''s usually an add-on in the shops a couple of weeks after the release of Pro Evo that updates every team for you.

Pro Evo is simply the best IMO. I bought Fifa2004 last year because Norwich were on it, but even this didn''t make up for the disappointment! Never have I bought a game and been so let down - the gameplay is slow and dull, and it''s just too easy to score - Fifa''s always had its ''easy spots'', where you can score from just about every time. The only thing EAs Fifa has going for it is presentation and licenses.

I''d still rather play PES1 than any FIFA! (although FIFA 98 is a classic and I still play that sometimes  )