Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

The Clubs money

Right, i was expecting more money to be spent this summer, and people are asking where the rest of the money we should have it.Well, when people say we get 25,000 in Carrow Road every week, it is 23 times (plus cup matches, which often are lower attendance) and the money from tickets, food, and programmes, will probably not be any more than 100k will it? That is a fair amount, that would add up to 2.3 million plus, but we have to pay the Wages, which that will cover (i hope) and then all other Bills, and extras, and i would be surprised to see if the match day income provided any income.On to sponsors, we should be making a profit from any sponsorship money, so that will help pay wages, then the rest in to the Transfer kitty.Delia probably has a bit more spare cash, on the back of her new book and TV series, so maybe she will buy another Hux :DTransfer income, Well adding up the amount of money we have taken in compared to out, we should have about an extra 5 mill ( estimate, whats the real figure)so that is the money we should be spending, because we haven''t really spent 1 Million yet (how much was Bell?) so we should have 3/4 million to spend on our strikers, so we could be surprised and see who we sign, and how much for.

(Have i ever written something so long, sorry if there are any mistakes (spelling))

My first thought when I read this was "oh dear", but then I remembered

my coming over all pious on the thread about the current

post-moderation problems and preaching good behaviour.

Despite your plucked-from-the-air figures, there is a valid point

underneath it all which is that we simply do not know for sure how much

money the board has given Roeder.  The really optimistic part of

me thinks that Glenn has spend shrewdly so far in order to really

splash the cash on the players who cost the most money - the ones who

score goals.  But even that part of me is getting very nervous.

One thing is for sure - we cannot go into the season with only Cureton

and Martin, and Roeder''s formation change on Monday suggests that he

knows that too.

So we shall see...

The annual accounts will be out soon (the first ones since we lost the parachute payments).  Then we will be able to answer your questions.  As it is you are just quessing rather wildly.  An example of how far out your ''estimates'' are is that in the last set of accounts our wage bill was over £14m.

I think that you have overlooked a key point,ie the role of the bank.Its too simplistic to see that because we have sold /cut the wage bill we must have a commensurate amount in the kitty for transfers.The fact is that whenever you have bank debt and capital comes into the business your caring sharing bank will always want to use some of it to reduce your liability.This has been a problem for City for many years,as big purchases haven''t followed big sales.

Having said that,I still think that there is still something in the pot for one big signing.