Sign in to follow this  
Calle

World cup......of hockey!

Just wanted to say, that it feels good with so many days until the next game. So we can watch the World cup of Hockey in between our games! Didn´t se England in the tournament though

Just kidding!

All I really wanted with this post is to find out how the intrest for icehockey is in England?

/Calle, in sweden 

No offence to the hockey lovers amongst you all but I would rather watch the ODIs (England v India), some US Open tennis and the internationals featuring some of our lads!  Wooden sticks never did very much for me...except hurt!!!  

Don''t knock hockey (the version played on astros - that one on frozen water should always be preceeded by the word ice). If footy hadnt come back to the Beeb this year, they were in discussions to show hockey matches instead.

Ok...so my main sport is hockey and I may be a bit biased but I and non-hockey players thought that it was far more interesting to watch than the footy at the Olympics.

I have to admit that I play far too much hockey, which prevents me from going to matches like WBA, Villa and Brum, but hey ho...

it looks fun to play but ive never tried it. i''ve hit a puc around on a street once with my mate who is a hockey fan and it was fun. it''s a hard technique though. good game but i''m not really interested in watching it.

We are expecting him to play in MoDo wearing the number 21 jersey again this season. MoDo will probably have some sort of dreamteam this year! :S But guess what I´ve got? Tickets for their first game of the season, away against Brynäs, here i Gävle!

Haha...You know what? I´m from the north of sweden, Luleå...So, I have to agree on that one I´m just hoping for a good game of hockey, the one on ice!

By the way, Helsinki: What a game on saturday...You know I have to ask you something! Have you been able to sleep since the famous game in the 2003 world cup in helsinki? I remember us being 5-1 down, 10 min into the second period, and how did it end up? Oh right, 5-6? Ha ha ha!

Looking forward to the game on saturday, should be a great one. Hope Sweden win again, against our "little brother"

Brum Uni Canary - hockey is a sport that is full of skill, and is great to play. But it will never become a widely watched televised sport, as the action is too hard to follow. The ball is too small (and similarly the puck in Ice Hockey), and therefore the general public as a whole will never widely watch it on television, however much the BBC or anyone else would like to show it.

Brum Uni Canary - hockey is a sport that is full of skill, and is great to play. It will never become a widely watched televised sport, as the action is too hard to follow. The ball is too small (and similarly the puck in Ice Hockey), and therefore the general public as a whole will never widely watch it on television, however much the BBC or anyone else would like to show it.

i prefer outdoor hockey,
Ice hockey dont bite the biscuit for me.

(by the way its [shift + Enter] to go down just one line not two......)

Stockholm canary: Are you drunk? Whats wrong with hockey? Or do you rather watch some football game in the "allsvenska", I think you can compare the swedish top division with the english div 2 or something

As a Norfolk boy exiled here in Helsinki for the time being, I have to say that whether Sweden or Finland wins tomorrow is not of great significance to me. However I reckon Foppa will whip the lions butts from his office behind the goal. Foppa gå på vatten

[quote]Just wanted to say, that it feels good with so many days until the next game. So we can watch the World cup of Hockey in between our games! Didn´t se England in the tournament though Just kidding! ...[/quote]

I liked Mats Sundin of Sweden, a very skillul forward...

just come back from a week in sweden and got into the hockey, suprising fun.  though sweden seem to have a tendency to lose leads like newcastle don''t they calle.

rich